Pleasure Island tips!

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
a day or two ago, my famiy and i worked out a plan that allows me, my friend and my sister to go to Pleasure Island for one night during out trip this June! (that is, as long as we 'stay together and don't "hook up" with anybody') i'm so excited! i've been wanting to go there at night for years, but i've never been old enough to go on my own...this year though, i'll be turning 18 in April! :sohappy: so i'm just curious...i'm new to this whole clubin' type scene...what's the dos and don'ts for Pleasure Island beginners? and what on earth should i wear? i think i'd feel a little out of place with my typical tourist shorts and t-shirt. anything else i should know? help! :veryconfu

Scar Junior

Hey there. I am on the Disney College Program down here and let me tell ya if you want to have fun at P.I. go on a thursday or monday night! We cast members get in free and there are at least 4,000 students down here right now. About half go every week. It's nuts. Though many will be gone in June, lots are staying until August so if you're looking for lots of fun 18-22 yr olds to dance with, there ya go!

Maria

Yeah, as he said, go on cast member´s night! It´s a lot of fun! :animwink:
Wear something cute and sexy if you want, but jeans and a top are okay, people don´t dress up that much to go, you´ll see.

Don´t miss going to the Comedy Warehouse where there is improv comedy mostly related to castmember´s life on those days.

There is also the Beach Club for live music and 8Trax. Mannequins is good to look at, but you could be a bit dissapointed to see cute guys that won´t even look at you because they are busy making out with another one! bummer! :animwink:

Of course, don´t let your dad read this! :D

Have a lot of fun! :)

Javier&Christie

welp, mannequins and BET club are 21 and over only.. just so you know.. I still haven't gone back since I turned 21, but we will most definitely be going this time in a few weeks on our next trip :)

Erika

DP, I'm glad you posted this. We're going tomorrow and John and I always skip PI (I think we went for about 20 minutes on our honeymoon). This time we're going with friends so it will be a different kind of trip for us. PI is one section of WDW where I am a complete novice :lol: so I'm thankful for the advice also.

BRER STITCH

Be sure to hit the Comdey Club and the Adventurer's Club for some fun! Relaxing sit-down atmosphere - good way to start off the night!

The Jazz Club is nice if you like that type of music, but you'll probably have the most fun at 8-Traxx - the 80's Music Club where we always seem to find the best crowds!

Also...be sure you plan on staying til Midnight for the Celebration!!!

:sohappy:

TravisMT81

Originally posted by Maria
[BMannequins is good to look at, but you could be a bit dissapointed to see cute guys that won´t even look at you because they are busy making out with another one! bummer! :animwink: :D

Have a lot of fun! :) [/B]

LOL Maria that will be me Thursday :p :slurp:

freaklarm

Comedy Warehouse is a must, dont miss it cuz is a great show, plus Motions on a thusrday nigth should be packed with a lot of cm and college program people, is great

Chernabog

BET and Mannequins are 21 and over so that's out of the question for you. Motions is a good place for dancing with lots of people, they play more contemporary R&B and rap and good dance tunes. Beach club usually has a live band and can be fun to hang in. The Jazz club is really more of a place to sit down and relax while listening to a love Jazz band. 8-Trax is 70's dance music except on Thursday when it's 80's (One of my favorites). The Adventurers Club is good for lounging and watching a funny show. Comedy Warehouse is a must for at least one show.
What I usually do is go to Motions for awhile, hit the Jazz club for a few sets, do a show at the Comedy Warehouse, swing by 8-Trax for some retro dancing, see the celebration at the West End stage at midnight then head into the Adverntures Club library down stairs for the Hoopla! It's a great time and I hope you enjoy yourself. Try and take in as much as you can. Boy I wrote alot!:rolleyes: :D :sohappy:

squeaker53

Has anyone ever gone to Pleasure Island on their own? Can you meet people to just hang out with or will it be more like going to a bar on your own? ie scary!!!!

jaimjaim25

Even though you'd think it was a 'just for adults spot' there are tons of kids around sometimes all night walking around with their parents.. so it's not like mardi Gras or anything.. it is still 'Disney'

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
thanks so much for all the tips!! i read up in Birnbaums before speaking to the parents about it, so i already knew about BET and Manniquins being out of my league (i was a bit disappointed about Manniquins, cuz i think i might like that scene)
it'll be definately Sunday night when we go...we only go to DTD on the day we get there, so it'll just be easier. plus, my time is VERY limited, and i'm taking a WDW first-timer so i have to use my time very wisely. we only have 4 full days (plus our DTD day) to see and do everything we possibly can (while taking the time to enjoy the place, of course)
anyway, my friend would probably like the rap/r&b club, so we MAY stop there for her if she wants to go. Jazz Co. was what really hooked my sister into going...she and i love jazz, so that'll be a definate stop for us! as well as the adverturers club...i've ALWAYS wanted to go there...even since i was little! everytime we've passed by there, i've longing looked at it wishing i could see the treasures on the inside, lol! i LOVE 70's music, so i do want to go in 8-trax for a while. and i'd like to go to Beach Club too! comedy warehouse, i dunno. we'll try to stop by there if we have time. i'm not sure how late mom and dad are going to let us stay out...i know mom doesn't want us to stay until it closes (which i would if i could!) but i do want to see if she'll at least let us see the new year's eve celebration, so i'll see if i can talk her into it! :D
thanks again!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Hey Gang... Thanks for the tips... I have NEVER been in PI :eek:

I am not a big club person... as I have had some bad experiences with clubs here in Chicago... so I just never go to them anymore.

But, I plan on going to PI a couple of times next week. The Comedy Club sounds great... as I am a huge fan of Improv. :)

figmentmom

I laughed so hard at the Adventurers Club that I had tears in my eyes - but our teenaged kids were not amused! Different strokes. However, my teenagers always loved walking around without Mom and Dad, and had a great time just hanging out in the stores and on the street. We've always been there when it was crowded, too, and it's got great atmosphere! Have a great time, and don't worry about what you're wearing - just be comfortable!

kellydisney

There are two types of people who go to PI

Type A - Party People
Type B - Not Party People

A Type A likes to have many drinks before and during their time at PI, dance, and have a ton of fun with their friends, meeting new people, and potentially hooking up.

A Type B likes to walk around, have a couple of drinks, take in the scene, people watch and go to the shows.

If you are Type A, then I would definitely suggest going to Beach Club for the live band and 8 Trax for the dancing. Those are definitely the most fun for under 21. I love the Beach Club and I also love just being out on the street and not in any club, dancing in front of the huge screen. There used to be a bar I think called Wildhorse Saloon, is it still there? It was for country music people but at 12am they used to have an hour of top 40 and that was awesome. Not sure if it's still there or if they still do it.

Type B - go to the shows, start at Jazz, go to Adventurers and end at the Comedy show. They're all fun, but I think the whole point of PI is to party and so I would recommend drinking before you go (to save some $$) and getting a couple while you're there and following the Type A plan :) Have a good time!!

EchoOfOphelia

Well Kevin and I always spend a lot of time at Downtown Disney and last time we went, if you weren't wearing only about 3 square inches of clothes, you would feel out of place. :lol:

Maria

Originally posted by DMC-12
Hey Gang... Thanks for the tips... I have NEVER been in PI :eek:

I am not a big club person... as I have had some bad experiences with clubs here in Chicago... so I just never go to them anymore.

But, I plan on going to PI a couple of times next week. The Comedy Club sounds great... as I am a huge fan of Improv. :)

You are gonna love the Comedy Warehouse! Guaranteed by me! LOL :animwink: Sometimes, we would only go to P.I. for the show and back home. We were never dissapointed. :animwink:

Maria

Originally posted by kellydisney
There are two types of people who go to PI

Type A - Party People
Type B - Not Party People

A Type A likes to have many drinks before and during their time at PI, dance, and have a ton of fun with their friends, meeting new people, and potentially hooking up.

A Type B likes to walk around, have a couple of drinks, take in the scene, people watch and go to the shows.

If you are Type A, then I would definitely suggest going to Beach Club for the live band and 8 Trax for the dancing. Those are definitely the most fun for under 21. I love the Beach Club and I also love just being out on the street and not in any club, dancing in front of the huge screen. There used to be a bar I think called Wildhorse Saloon, is it still there? It was for country music people but at 12am they used to have an hour of top 40 and that was awesome. Not sure if it's still there or if they still do it.

Type B - go to the shows, start at Jazz, go to Adventurers and end at the Comedy show. They're all fun, but I think the whole point of PI is to party and so I would recommend drinking before you go (to save some $$) and getting a couple while you're there and following the Type A plan :) Have a good time!!

I guess I am a mix of A and B! :lol: Though I don´t drink...

I liked AC, 8Trax, CW, and BC. I went to the Jazz Company only when "Groovelogic" was playing... good band and I was going out with the sax player... hehe ;)

Kellydisney is right, if you want to meet people, better stay by the screen with a little stage next to the Beach Club, that´s where most people are! ...and yeah, wear something sassy! Everybody else does! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom