Pleasure Island Clubs To Close?

mlayton14

Bottom Line

The bottom line is easy to understand:

"Club" crowds and family crowds simply dont mix. Its like oil and water - its universal no matter where in the country you are.

Why not just build a new club district .. away from the family crowds .. away from the resorts, parks, and shopping areas. This way the partiers can have their own place, and everyone else can have their own place? The 2 never have to cross paths.

fizzle75

The bottom line is easy to understand:

"Club" crowds and family crowds simply dont mix. Its like oil and water - its universal no matter where in the country you are.

Why not just build a new club district .. away from the family crowds .. away from the resorts, parks, and shopping areas. This way the partiers can have their own place, and everyone else can have their own place? The 2 never have to cross paths.
Well said, that's exactly what I've been trying to say.

PhotoDave219

"I thought you drinks were weak"

Say what?

You're putting words in my mouth. And, this is off topic so i'm done here.

Indeed its is way off Topic, alas PI drinks have never been "weak" by my taste. Then again I tip well and go to a few bartenders that i have made nice with. Generally when you tip well and are a regular, a bartender will treat you well. (Of course I'm not foolish enough to put on the internet who my bartenders are because I'm not selling them out)

By comparison, the drinks here in a college town of athens, ga., are absolute crap. The alcohol is watered down and they underpour. So strictly by comparison, the drinks at PI are much better then the places around here.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
By comparison, the drinks here in a college town of athens, ga., are absolute crap. The alcohol is watered down and they underpour. So strictly by comparison, the drinks at PI are much better then the places around here.

I'm sure the Georgia ABC board would love to hear about that.

Georgia Department of Revenue
Alcohol & Tobacco Tax Division
1800 Century Center Blvd., N.E. Room 4235
Atlanta, Georgia30345-3205
mailing address
P.O. Box 49728
Atlanta, Georgia 30359
Phone: 404/417-4900
Fax: 404/417-4901

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think the confusion is coming from some people thinking water-down refers to a weakly mixed drink, or the ice melting, what have you... versus the watering down of the alcohol itself, which is very very illegal.

PhotoDave219

I was referring to bar employees actually serving watered down alcohol or selling well liquor in a high-end bottle. Its common around here from what ive heard.

PhotoDave219

Yes I'm referring to where i live - Georgia - as here.

I have never had a bad or watered down experience at PI. I've always had good experiences at PI involving a drink... when there were no babies around. :D

The Mom

Premium Member
I think the confusion is coming from some people thinking water-down refers to a weakly mixed drink, or the ice melting, what have you... versus the watering down of the alcohol itself, which is very very illegal.

Actually, watered-down could be both. Either diluting the alcohol BEFORE serving/mixing it (illegal) or diluting it with extra water or mixer...not illegal, but not apt to get you repeat customers or good tips. ;)

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Screamscape followed up with this:

The latest rumors surrounding the rumored next phase of redevelopment at Pleasure Island indicate that the Rock & Roll Beach Club is slated to be the first club to close down. Again… this matches the rumors I heard a couple of years ago when they were looking to put a club-style bowling alley concept in there. If the timeline holds true as well, we could see the Beach Club closed by January. The next two likely victims will be 8-Trax and Motions, though their fates may be very different. According to one source, they may be planning on finding a way to merge the 8-Trax space with Mannequins to create an even larger space. I’ve no idea if this means a new bigger Mannequins or if the new will be merged into an entirely new concept.

I just wanted to add a snippet of info... I have friends who play the R&RBC a couple of times per month (usually Sun., Mon. or some such combo of weeknights) and on their January schedule they are slated to play a few nights up to and including the 29th, so I guess things are not changing quite yet, unless something happens when the month ends. These are guys who used to play the West End stage and were "relocated" once that closed. Just thought I'd share.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom