Pleasure Island changes with confirmed dates

Epcot82Guy

Thanks for the info, Steve.

Just thinking out loud, this basically clears the entire stretch between AC and RnRBC. The interior part of the island (8Trax, Mannequins, and AC) are still intact with the Harley move. Am I reading that all correctly? It's been a bit since I've been on the island and can't keep all the store locations straight.

Don't know that I like this homogonizing of all of DTD, but if PI really isn't performing, I guess it is inevitable.

Main Street USA

Does a Harley Davidson store seem out of place in PI to anyone but me? Maybe it'll be cool, but it just doesn't seem to fit down there. Of course, with that being said, it can't be any worse than what it's replacing.

Epcot82Guy

Main Street USA said:
Does a Harley Davidson store seem out of place in PI to anyone but me? Maybe it'll be cool, but it just doesn't seem to fit down there. Of course, with that being said, it can't be any worse than what it's replacing.

I think it fits in as well as anything else there. I am a little confused as to what PI is becoming, though. Originally, the concept seemed to be upper scale restaurants and what not. However, if TRex is coming to PI, I'm not sure what that does. It seems like PI is just becoming an extension of West Side, which I guess I personally don't like. I liked the 3 separate identities, but we'll have to see what further announcements bring, I guess.

wannab@dis

Anyone else think it's strange that the Harley store was open less than a year and now it will close down and move to another location?

slappy magoo

Main Street USA said:

I don't know if a store is out of place or not, but I can testify to seeing plenty of bikers any time I've been to WDW. My brother-in-law is big on Harleys and he & my sister and niece go every other year, at least. Shocking, I know, but people who dig Harley don't all subacribe to the burned-out red-necked thug, live-fast-die-young-and-leave-a-grizzled-tattooed-corpse esthetic.

I think to a lot of people Harley-Davidson is as quintessentially American as Disney, and therefore it's not so strange to see HD store space at WDW. Worst case scenario, it's a store that will attract a portion of guests that might not otherwise be interested in fragrant soaps, expensive Christmas decorations or designer chocolates.

RonAnnArbor

It is never unusual for stores to move around in shopping mall type locations - and that is in essence what Downtown Disney is...As to Harley, they have a HUGE following, motorcycles play a small part of that - but for the clothing, hats, accessories etc...they do HUGE sales in cowboiy hats, and t-shirts, and leather wallets and belts etc.

uklad79

I hope they keep mannequins it's a great place where I have met some great CM's. I would like to see 8trax made a bit bigger, AC stay as it is but with maybe a better enterance, Beach Club to go, BET to stay but with a nicer design outside, the comedy werehouse to have a new look, Motion with it's gangster style to go.

WeLComeHomE OKW

GaryT977 said:
With the removal of the two stages, does that mean the removal of the VJ? I was gonna audition for that!

Not necesarilly, remember...this is only the beginning of the changes for PI. The Music Videos was a nice touch to the atmosphere...and it might continue just not on the stages. The screens might be moved elsewhere.

walt

Well me in my opinion I like whats happening to P.I I hope they close down all the clubs over there and make some shops and restaurants cause I personally think P.I should of never been designed in the first place cause it does not fit nor reflect the family atmosphere of disney and like walt always stated he always said disney was a place of family fun not adult nightlife anyways thats just in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the changes they will make.:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom