Pleasure Island changes with confirmed dates

djjohng

dxer07002 said:
I agree... gay/straight, whatever.. We all can go an enjoy Disney... And this is coming from a straight male who is not afraid to go to Mannequins on a Thursday night...

Hey! Maybe I'll see you there! I'm going on June 1 for obvious reasons.

Captain Chaos

djjohng said:
OK Fine! lol I tried. ;)

LoL.. sorry dude... if you were thinking what I thought you were thinking... Hmm, it wouldn't have happened LOL.... No offense or anything... But, just because I am not a gay male doesn't mean I am afraid to talk to a gay guy.. Who cares?? We are all just people.. Nothing wrong with meeting people and being friends... What ever your orientation...

djjohng

dxer07002 said:
LoL.. sorry dude... if you were thinking what I thought you were thinking... Hmm, it wouldn't have happened LOL.... No offense or anything... But, just because I am not a gay male doesn't mean I am afraid to talk to a gay guy.. Who cares?? We are all just people.. Nothing wrong with meeting people and being friends... What ever your orientation...

LOL No, I caught the straight man reference! That's what I love about PI and Disney in general, meeting new people. I love to travel and often alone, so I always enjoy meeting new people, experiencing different cultures and learning about other peeps.

Anyway, take care!

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Dxer had it exactly right - Disney would have a MASSIVE lawsuit and negative publicity if it tried to discourage Gay Day and Gay Week activities.

However, it does hurt overall revenue and not because of boycotts or anything like that. The internal study revealed that more than a few people might be able to go to Disney World that week and when they find out it is "when the gays come" they choose somewhere else. That's just what they study showed... not an endorsement to any way of thinking.

BL

Captain Chaos

Blue-Lightning said:
Dxer had it exactly right - Disney would have a MASSIVE lawsuit and negative publicity if it tried to discourage Gay Day and Gay Week activities.

However, it does hurt overall revenue and not because of boycotts or anything like that. The internal study revealed that more than a few people might be able to go to Disney World that week and when they find out it is "when the gays come" they choose somewhere else. That's just what they study showed... not an endorsement to any way of thinking.

BL

I am not going to say you are wrong.. But, my cousin has been going to WDW during Gay week for a while.. Him and his wife... They aren't going this year because she is pregnant... However, he said he notices it is always crowded.. So, how are they losing money and how can people be stayng away when the crowds, according to him, were huge?

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Like I said, it may be different now...

... however, you have to remember that crowds in June are almost unbearably huge. The fact that there are still a lot of people during that week really doesn't mean Disney isn't losing potential money.

BL

GaryT977

markc said:
Gary, I'm well aware of the music they play and where it can be heard. However, there is a gay "stereotype" of music (Madonna, Kylie Minogue, and any other "hi NRG" dance music). Hell, go browse the "techno/dance" section at the Virgin Megastore and tell me how many specific CD compliations are labeled as "gay compliations"...there's quite a few. ; and in this instance, however, I'm not labelling the music as gay...the DJ that they hired did. Go up and talk to him sometime, he'll tell you what I'm telling you. Disney specifically hired the same DJ that (will tell you himself) "specializes" in gay club music.

I was a VJ in gay clubs for over five years in Lauderdale before I moved up here. I don't need to talk to the (excellent) dj to know what I'm talking about, and I can honestly say I haven't heard any Kylie Minogue since I moved up here, which sucks 'cause I love me some Kylie.

The point I'm trying to make is that PI doesn't have a problem because some gays show up there on Thursdays. There are plenty of straight people there too, and the music is pretty much the same music they play the rest of the week. If you have a problem with two guys dancing, then it's your problem.

Mannequins is not a gay club, and Thursday is castmember night, with free admission and cheap beer and well drinks. Alot of cm's happen to be gay. I don't see the problem here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom