Please Vote CBR or CSR???

EnchantedPrincess

Our family is going to Disney in October. We usually stay deluxe at WL or Poly. Not possible this year and we need to book a modertae resort. Our kids are DD8 and DS4. I'm having trouble deciding between CBR and CSR. I even did pros and cons and they are even :veryconfu. So please tell me which you like better and why. I need to book today. I think both have great pools, not sure which has nicer rooms. Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:

devoy1701

CBR is going to be great with their new pool opening this month! It's huge and has a Pirate ship themed slide/play area along with fortresses! Plus love the grounds of CBR. We've stayed there twice so far, both times in the village of Aruba which is directly across from the main food court and pool area (called Old Port Royale). The thing I love most about CBR is that each village has its own private beach area along Barefoot Lagoon with lounge chairs and Hammocks.

Just a note, about a week before your reservation should you decide to stay there be sure to request that you are not put in the village of Trinidad South. That village is not located around that main Lagoon and is quite a hike from Port Royale! and the new Pirates of the Caribbean Theme will not yet be done to make it worth while to stay in that village.

We have toured every resort on property and my impression of CSR is that it's the most spread out and has somewhat of a Corporate feel around the main guest area since it has a convension center there. The themed pool is nice though I think CBRs has more to offer now. AND CSR is really only convenient to AK and Blizzard Beach whereas CBR is a hop, skip, and a short bus ride away from both Epcot and DHS and it's closer to MK than CSR is. :wave:

Upvote 0

Disney MDACK

We love the CB since we have stayed there majority of the time when we are at WDW. With the new pool pictures I have seen we can't wait to get down there. So my vote would be for CB. Anyone know when the new POC rooms are going to be in place and if so what island of the CB will they be in?

Upvote 0

CatsMeow

We've stayed at CB a few times in the past - it was the first moderate WDW opened :)- and we really enjoyed it. We have not been there in a while, but I have been reading about the new things happening there. We liked to stay in both Aruba and Trinidad North. It is a brightly-colored, very pretty resort. It is quite large, but probably not as large as CSR.

We have not stayed at CSR, but have visited. It is a very pretty resort, but does feel a bit corporate, as previously stated. I'm sure the rooms are nice. And it is a bit "off the beaten track" for location, which could be a good or a bad thing! :animwink:

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Thanks so much. I'm sad about switching from WL and want to make the right decision for my family. I love the pics of both but I'm so torn.

WL is our #1 hotel. We've stayed there twice as well since 2007. The Price has always been right with our AP discount. CBR is our 2nd choice for our trips that have a slightly tighter budget or for a spur of the moment trip. You'll love it. IMHO it has a cozier feel than CSR does. Plus they have nightly activities at the resort such as live entertainment outside of Port Royale, dance lessons for the kids, etc.

We love the CB since we have stayed there majority of the time when we are at WDW. With the new pool pictures I have seen we can't wait to get down there. So my vote would be for CB. Anyone know when the new POC rooms are going to be in place and if so what island of the CB will they be in?

The Pirates of the Caribbean rooms will be in the village of Trinidad South. This village is at the very end of the resort, across the street from the other villages. The rethemeing is a fantastic attempt to make this village more popular because most guests who have stayed at CBR before commonly request to NOT be put in Trinidad South (including me). Though..once the refurb is done I might try it out!

Upvote 0

devoy1701

We've stayed at CB a few times in the past - it was the first moderate WDW opened :)- and we really enjoyed it. We have not been there in a while, but I have been reading about the new things happening there. We liked to stay in both Aruba and Trinidad North. It is a brightly-colored, very pretty resort. It is quite large, but probably not as large as CSR.

We have not stayed at CSR, but have visited. It is a very pretty resort, but does feel a bit corporate, as previously stated. I'm sure the rooms are nice. And it is a bit "off the beaten track" for location, which could be a good or a bad thing! :animwink:

Actually CBR beats out CSR by about 200 rooms. But I do think that CSR is alittle more spread out and plus they have the convention center in the main building which spreads it out even more!

Upvote 0

jjgoo

CBR is going to be great with their new pool opening this month! It's huge and has a Pirate ship themed slide/play area along with fortresses! Plus love the grounds of CBR. We've stayed there twice so far, both times in the village of Aruba which is directly across from the main food court and pool area (called Old Port Royale). The thing I love most about CBR is that each village has its own private beach area along Barefoot Lagoon with lounge chairs and Hammocks.

Just a note, about a week before your reservation should you decide to stay there be sure to request that you are not put in the village of Trinidad South. That village is not located around that main Lagoon and is quite a hike from Port Royale! and the new Pirates of the Caribbean Theme will not yet be done to make it worth while to stay in that village.

We have toured every resort on property and my impression of CSR is that it's the most spread out and has somewhat of a Corporate feel around the main guest area since it has a convension center there. The themed pool is nice though I think CBRs has more to offer now. AND CSR is really only convenient to AK and Blizzard Beach whereas CBR is a hop, skip, and a short bus ride away from both Epcot and DHS and it's closer to MK than CSR is. :wave:[/quote]

While I liked CSR better and voted for it, I would agree that the new pool and themeing may make it the better choice.

I do have to disagree with you on the CSR being only convenient to AK and BB. Take a look at the satellite map again. CSR is actually really close to EC and DHS as well. When we stayed last year there were a couple of times it only took 5-10mins to get to EC or DHS. I would certainly call that fast enough and convienent. As a matter of fact because of where it is situated on the roads MK was fairly quick too, about 15mins (once on the road it is one turn and then a straight shot into MK).

Upvote 0

devoy1701

[
While I liked CSR better and voted for it, I would agree that the new pool and themeing may make it the better choice.

I do have to disagree with you on the CSR being only convenient to AK and BB. Take a look at the satellite map again. CSR is actually really close to EC and DHS as well. When we stayed last year there were a couple of times it only took 5-10mins to get to EC or DHS. I would certainly call that fast enough and convienent. As a matter of fact because of where it is situated on the roads MK was fairly quick too, about 15mins (once on the road it is one turn and then a straight shot into MK).

I take from this that you guys drove yourselves....

so...

CHEATER CHEATER! :lol:

but you're right. Actually, if you are driving yourselves than all of the resorts are convenient to the parks. If using WDW Transportation, it takes slightly longer to get to the other parks.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I'm sure they're both fine, and you'll be happy with either choice. Neither resort has a theme I'm crazy about, but I'd prefer Coronado's over Caribbean's, were those my two choices (I also like spicier food, so the food court doesn't frighten me as much as some of the more tender tummies out there). And while everything is a crap shoot, to my way of thinking, the convention center makes it at least slightly more likely that the resort won't be as inundated with obnoxious families or out-of-control school groups or clubs that can afford slightly better than the Values. Sure, conventioners might get stupid, especially at night at the bar, but I'd put my odds as slightly-better that the conventiongoers at Cornoado - hopefully mindful that they ARE surrounded by families and they are at Disney - wouldn't be as decadent as they might be at a convention in a major metro area. Totally pulling this out of my you-know-what, and I'm sure people will rise to Caribbean's defense, or tell horror stories of drunken conventiongoers who make Michael Scott from the Office look like Barack Obama lecturing at a youth ministry. Just saying I think I, personally, would appreciate the enviornment and motif of CSR over CBR.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Animals in your room:

Coronado:

Towel_Animals.jpg

Caribbean Beach:

picture.php

My vote is for Coronado! :lol:

Actually, for different reasons. I greatly prefer Coronado!

Upvote 0
I can't say which I prefer, because I have never stayed at CS. However, we have stayed at CBR and POR (both sections) and CBR is by far my personal favorite. We love the deluxe resorts, of course, but when the moderates are what is in our budget, the CBR is our first choice. We enjoy the main pool (which looks like it will be bigger and better now), the interior courtyards, small "private" feeling beaches, lush landscaping and beautiful food court. I think it can't be beat. Personally I prefer the tropical ambience to the southwest, deasert-y feel. Just IMHO.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Looks like it's a pretty even split. I think CBR is more colorful and cozier but WDW has done a great job making all of the Moderates equal in theme, comfort, and layout. CSR is the only Mod that I wouldn't stay at but that's because it just doesn't have that comfy look to me. It's very open and barren in some places (which ties into the SW feel) As I said in an earlier post WL is my #1 and that IMO is the most comfortable and cozy of all of the resorts. PO:FQ has a very nice feel to it as well but there is only one pool at that resort whereas CBR and PO:R have pools in every section. Riverside has a very nicely themed main pool as well and it's in the center of the resort (much like CSR) so it's equidistant (did I use that right) from all parts of the resort. CBRs isn't as centered so if you get put in Barbados or Trinidad South it's alittle bit more of a hike to the main pool (tho it's not much of a hassle to change villages). I'm sure whatever resort you chose you will love.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

I take from this that you guys drove yourselves....

so...

CHEATER CHEATER! :lol:

but you're right. Actually, if you are driving yourselves than all of the resorts are convenient to the parks. If using WDW Transportation, it takes slightly longer to get to the other parks.

Actually nope, we bus it the whole time. (Well we did take a taxi once from Fantasia Gardens back to CSR and that was real quick!).

We originally thought that it would be a long trip but it is VERY close to the EC parking lot. Actually closer than CBR. Here is a link to the map which flags CBR. CSR is directly to the left right when Beuna Vista Dr. is split by World Dr.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...8.369879,-81.555591&spn=0.031455,0.04725&z=15

You leave the hotel, take a left almost immediatly and that put you right onto the road that leads straight into the EPCOT parking.:wave: CBR is a little closer to EC distance wise, but you have to pretty much drive around the whole park to get to the parking lot.

Honestly, when taking the bus CSR is better situated on the roads for all the parks except DHS.

Upvote 0

EnchantedPrincess

Original Poster
Thanks so much everyone for posting. you are all so helpful :animwink: I love reading all the different opinions. We are still divided in our house. DH wants CSR and I lean towards CBR. The kids of course don't care.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Actually nope, we bus it the whole time. (Well we did take a taxi once from Fantasia Gardens back to CSR and that was real quick!).

We originally thought that it would be a long trip but it is VERY close to the EC parking lot. Actually closer than CBR. Here is a link to the map which flags CBR. CSR is directly to the left right when Beuna Vista Dr. is split by World Dr.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...8.369879,-81.555591&spn=0.031455,0.04725&z=15

You leave the hotel, take a left almost immediatly and that put you right onto the road that leads straight into the EPCOT parking.:wave: CBR is a little closer to EC distance wise, but you have to pretty much drive around the whole park to get to the parking lot.

Honestly, when taking the bus CSR is better situated on the roads for all the parks except DHS.

well fooey on you. :mad:

jk

Upvote 0

EnchantedPrincess

Original Poster
Yes I've looked at them and I know lots of people love the POR/FQ but I'm not crazy about the theme. POFQ is available for our dates though :veryconfu. I just like tropical themes better I guess. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

CS is my fav resort. It is fun, beautiful and the pool was amazing. CB was great, too, but the walk to the main hub was sooooo far. I think we stayed in Aruba. Pretty walk but far. The rooms at CS were much more fresh than CB, at the time we went. We did like the boat ride to DTD from CB, though. Your kids may like that. CB is also being renovated right now so the rooms will be new for you. If your kids like Nemo or Pirates, they would love the new themed rooms. I know my DH and DS would love the pirate one.

Big decision, I know. Good luck.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom