Please tell me about Le Chefs. What's your opinion?

LuvMyLatte

Original Poster
I have a ADR for Le Chefs on my b'day :king: and now I am having second thoughts. My DD 17 and myself will be dining. I think I will like most of the menu, but still having doubts. Will this be a good b'day place? Please give me your take on this restaurant and what did you like on the menu?

Thanks

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband and I really enjoyed this place. I had the onion soup and the macaroni au gratin and hubby had the braised short ribs. I had a bite of his food and thought it was good too! The atmosphere was nice and we had a a good view of the world showcase lagoon.

zurgandfriend

Not to sound like the patriots coach but... it is what it is.
at Chefs if like French food you will get a good meal and maybe Remy will stop by to say hello.

I think that Bistro de Paris is the better of the two restaurants but that's my opinion.
We ate at both last time here's what I had;

Chefs de France

Lobster Bisque
Fillet of Beef
Creme Brulee

Bistro de Paris
Jumbo Shrimp
Rack of Lamb
Crepes one suzette one and apple crepe for desert

We celebrated DW' birthday at Jiko and it was very good we celebrated DS' Birthday a few years ago at California Grill and it was great walking out on the roof to watch wishes. I would recommend that experience to anyone.

Whatever you choose Happy Birthday and enjoy!

Phonedave

I have a ADR for Le Chefs on my b'day :king: and now I am having second thoughts. My DD 17 and myself will be dining. I think I will like most of the menu, but still having doubts. Will this be a good b'day place? Please give me your take on this restaurant and what did you like on the menu?

Thanks

I have always enjoyed Le Chefs, as have my kids (9 and 11) - multiple times.

It is not haute cuisine French dining, thats not what it is supposed to be. It is a Brasserie - to quote Wikipedia

In France and the francophone world, a brasserie is a type of restaurant with a relaxed, upscale setting, which serves single dishes and other meals. The word 'brasserie' is also French for brewery and, by extension, "the brewing business". A brasserie can be expected to have professional service, printed menus, and, traditionally, white linen (unlike a bistro which may have none of these). Typically, a brasserie is open every day of the week and serves the same menu all day.

It will be noisy, it will be crowded, but it will have good service, good food, and all the other stuff listed above.

I have had the pates and charcuterie plate, the escargot, the house salad, the onion soup, the croque monsieur, the roast chicken, the duck, the braised short ribs, the tenderloin, creme brulee, profiteroles, and the crepes.

Nothing was outright bad, most of it was very good.

Unless you are a extremely 'cautious' eater, there is not much on that menu that is going put anyone off.

-dave

plaz10

I tried this place for the first time a few months ago...

I got the Prefixed 3 course meal...Lobster Bisque, Macaroni de Gratin and the Puff Chox. The bisque was very good. I barely started before they brought my meal. I guess points for quick service? But i felt very rushed. It was also very loud and tables were very close together. I felt like squished between a wall and another couple. The macaroni was very VERY bland. It just tasted like pasta with plain cream. I barely ate any of it. There was no taste at all. The dessert was OK. nothing great but not awful like the pasta.

Boyfriend got the duck meal. He said it was kind of plain...not very flavorful but not terrible.

We will not be returning. With the number of fantastic meals at EPCOT (Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Tutto Italia, Teppan Edo...just to name a few) we won't be wasting time here giving it a second chance.

foreverbelle

Have mixed reviews about this one myself, the first time we went it was really good, this second time it was just ok. I will admit I have a lot of food allergies so I can't exactly be a fair comparison. But my husband said he liked the first go around better than the second time.

Mukta

I have eaten dinner there in 2005 and 2009. I enjoyed it both times. Food was tasty, service was just ok and it is very loud and crowded. Desserts were yummy and I love the atmosphere of it. I would eat here again.

Allioop

My family ate there about a week and a half ago. I had the onion soup and the macaroni - soup was incredible and the pasta was good. My mom had the tenderloin - everyone at the table voted it best meal! My dad had the braised short ribs (if you like pot roast, you'll love that dish). He also had the lobster bisque - I could have eaten a whole mean with the soups! For dessert we had the creme brulee (best we had all week) and the chocolate profiteroles. Overall, we ranked it in our top two restaurants for the vacation. (Grand Floridian Cafe was the other one!)

The restaurant was very loud and crowded even later on in the night - and we didn't get to see Remy :(

Master Gracey 5

We've always enjoyed Les Chefs de France and have never had a bad meal here. As others have pointed out, it can be a bit crowded, but that has never bothered us. Its been a few years since we last went but our meals were all very good and my mother swears by the macaroni au gratin. Escargot was tasty if you enjoy that sort of thing. If you're a picky eater you could probably go with a safer restaurant, but if you are fine with most anything, I think you'll enjoy the restaurant.

LeafsFanNL

Five of us ate there for lunch last April. It was one of the highlights of the week's dining. I you go have the brazed short ribs, yum!!

HB

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom