Please Refurbish the WDW Haunted Mansion

bhg469

And while they're at it, HATBOX GHOST PLEASE!
After seeing it in person... Im completely ok with is not being there. the effect has to be near perfect timing so enjoy it. Aside from that the style of the ghost doesnt seem to go with the others in the attraction. Yes, it is neat when it works but pretty sad when it doesn't.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
After seeing it in person... Im completely ok with is not being there. the effect has to be near perfect timing so enjoy it. Aside from that the style of the ghost doesnt seem to go with the others in the attraction. Yes, it is neat when it works but pretty sad when it doesn't.
It looked good a couple weeks ago at DL. Plus their graveyard scene is much better with the trees.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
HM is a classic. Why not keep a running tally on what's currently broken or in need of being fixed? Multiple eyes cataloging every issue of the attraction and reporting them in a singular thread would be a very productive use of this forum. I think all major attractions should have sticky watch threads.

SmogMonster71

I'd love to see HatBox in WDW - I'm sure it'll happen eventually. I also really hope they cut the digital hitchhikers, though I get the feeling they'll be here to stay for quite a while.

Dragonman

Little bit of trivia for you guys. All the props seen in the behind the scenes part of the Osmonds HM special are actually the WDW props being prepared for the Florida ride. Because the DL ride was such a hit they made two of everything knowing Florida would get a mansion too. That includes mr hatbox although he was reduced to nothing but a prop for holding paint in the special due to his effect not working at DL.

bhg469

I'd love to see HatBox in WDW - I'm sure it'll happen eventually. I also really hope they cut the digital hitchhikers, though I get the feeling they'll be here to stay for quite a while.
Trust me, of they have to squeeze it in, the effect will not be special. Just go to Disneyland and enjoy a different experience. It's a better park anyway.

Raineman

Trust me, of they have to squeeze it in, the effect will not be special. Just go to Disneyland and enjoy a different experience. It's a better park anyway.
Cmon man, do we have to have somebody constantly beating the “Disneyland is a better park” drum on threads that have nothing to do with Disneyland? This is a WDW forum, so chances are the majority of people don’t share the same view.

Prog

Fix the broken
Reassign the entire operations department
Bulldoze the queue
Give Constance a Beetlejuice-style exorcism
Do something less in-your-face and stupid with the attic
Leota's audio track has never been in sync with the instrument sound effects that I've ever seen, which is weird because it's not like it's a mix between film and tape loops anymore
Red Corridor of Doors
Practical fx hitchhiking ghosts

Magenta Panther

Does Figment allow for uninterrupted boarding? I thought it did. It's somewhat like an omnimover. More like a coaster. Would that work? I agree HM needs to reconfigure their omnimover system but how!? LPS wouldn't work in such a tight space or on a incline. Tough nut to crack.

Of course the insiders here would know better than I, but I don't think the Mansion CAN be reconfigured. The Imagineers back then couldn't imagine the disrespect and abuse future showrunners would be willing to inflict on it on the name of profits. :(

Prog

Does any ride system come close to the omnimover's capacity, short of some GMR-style mass transit thing (which is a HORRIBLE idea for the HM imo)

bhg469

Cmon man, do we have to have somebody constantly beating the “Disneyland is a better park” drum on threads that have nothing to do with Disneyland? This is a WDW forum, so chances are the majority of people don’t share the same view.
Some things aren't better. jungle cruise for example but it holds true. A majority of the shared attractions are better out west. Have you been? I don't know anyone that hasn't been to both and doesn't share that opinion. From food to attractions, the resort isn't as good but comparing the two parks it's no contest. But please don't be offended by an opinion... That's just weird.

Goofyernmost

Which interrupts the narrative. The Mansion wasn't designed to accommodate loading guests with disabilities. Pity that the Mansion can't be reconfigured to allow handicapped guests to ride without spoiling the story for everyone else.
Just curious, how does that spoil the story for everyone else. You don't miss anything, you just stop for a very short duration and continue on with the story. A lot like reading a book and turning the page or watching TV and waiting for a commercial to end. It doesn't ruin the story at all, just delays it slightly. There was one ride where if one was in a wheelchair it did allow for boarding without stopping the ride. That attraction was World Of Motion. However since scooters have replaced WC for many people, there are a few more stops. Hardly worth being concerned about.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Which interrupts the narrative. The Mansion wasn't designed to accommodate loading guests with disabilities. Pity that the Mansion can't be reconfigured to allow handicapped guests to ride without spoiling the story for everyone else.

Speak for yourself. I’m certainly not among the “everyone else” whose story you say is being spoilt. First, I’m more than happy to pause if it means giving disabled guests the chance to experience the attraction. Second, I actually enjoy being able to scrutinise a particular scene when the doom buggy stops in front of it. The more time I have to pore over the attraction’s details, the better.

JIMINYCR

Just curious, how does that spoil the story for everyone else. You don't miss anything, you just stop for a very short duration and continue on with the story. A lot like reading a book and turning the page or watching TV and waiting for a commercial to end. It doesn't ruin the story at all, just delays it slightly. There was one ride where if one was in a wheelchair it did allow for boarding without stopping the ride. That attraction was World Of Motion. However since scooters have replaced WC for many people, there are a few more stops. Hardly worth being concerned about.
There are some wonderful accessible ride cars around WDW. We pay full price for a days ticket and DW being in a w/c unable to transfer out, misses out on a lot of attractions, (There are some she wouldnt want to go on anyway) There are many rides that could be easily made to be w/c accessible. Some of the w/c accessible ride cars are easy to load and unload and like you say, take very little delays. Going to the parks we know whats available for her and what isnt and we are fine with that. I feel sad for the kids ( make a wish and others) who go that cant transfer out and miss out on so many fun things that could be opened up for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom