Please Refurbish the WDW Haunted Mansion

Minnesota disney fan

OP: What is "Master Gracey's transformation" at the beginning of the ride????
I've never seen it or heard of it before this, and we've been to WDW many times.
thanks, and sorry if this has been addressed already, no time to read all the responses!

MattFrees71

Some things aren't better. jungle cruise for example but it holds true. A majority of the shared attractions are better out west. Have you been? I don't know anyone that hasn't been to both and doesn't share that opinion. From food to attractions, the resort isn't as good but comparing the two parks it's no contest. But please don't be offended by an opinion... That's just weird.
With all due respect- I and most others on here respect your opinion- it's just that there's no need to open that can of worms to distract from the subject of conversation on this thread.

Last edited:

bhg469

With all due respect- I and most others on here respect your opinion- it's just that there's no need to open that can of worms to distract from the subject of conversation on this thread.
Blame the ones that took offense to mentioning the other park to begin with... And can of worms? being offended by and opinion... Thats not even a can of worms, that is a personal problem.

mouse_luv

OP: What is "Master Gracey's transformation" at the beginning of the ride????
I've never seen it or heard of it before this, and we've been to WDW many times.
thanks, and sorry if this has been addressed already, no time to read all the responses!
Foyer when you walk in before the stretching room. There is a transforming photo of Master Gracey over the fireplace.

Magenta Panther

Just curious, how does that spoil the story for everyone else. You don't miss anything, you just stop for a very short duration and continue on with the story. A lot like reading a book and turning the page or watching TV and waiting for a commercial to end. It doesn't ruin the story at all, just delays it slightly. There was one ride where if one was in a wheelchair it did allow for boarding without stopping the ride. That attraction was World Of Motion. However since scooters have replaced WC for many people, there are a few more stops. Hardly worth being concerned about.

Well, when the ride stopped when I was on it, the narration within the Doom Buggy and the announcement about the "mischievous ghosts" overlapped each other, so that you couldn't understand either one. If that doesn't take you out of the narrative - and the moment - I don't know what else would. And it's especially disconcerting when it happens 4 TIMES, like it did for me during one ride. After that happened, I approached a Cast Member and told her about it. She grimaced and told me that it was due to the ride being stopped for loading and unloading people on scooters. I had thought the ride was malfunctioning. Nope, it was just being abused. And so were the guests riding it.

Raineman

Well, when the ride stopped when I was on it, the narration within the Doom Buggy and the announcement about the "mischievous ghosts" overlapped each other, so that you couldn't understand either one. If that doesn't take you out of the narrative - and the moment - I don't know what else would. And it's especially disconcerting when it happens 4 TIMES, like it did for me during one ride. After that happened, I approached a Cast Member and told her about it. She grimaced and told me that it was due to the ride being stopped for loading and unloading people on scooters. I had thought the ride was malfunctioning. Nope, it was just being abused. And so were the guests riding it.
Please explain why you think the ride is being "abused". I think I know why, but you can clear it up for me.

Fable McCloud

Yes it's hard to see many of the ghosts.

When we went in October of 2018 my husband and I noticed it seemed...foggier? Dimmer? The graveyard had me struggling to see all the ghosts in the background. Normally I can make out all the details, but this last trip was horrendous. I could barely see anything. I also miss the howling dog in the queue and all the audio needs to be adjusted/addressed in some way because it's gotten way out of sync. It's my favorite place in WDW and I need to see it back to its best.

ThistleMae

I guess after going on a ride a million times, people have suggestions on how to make it better. I love the music, and just the atmosphere in general. I'm sure they have a maintenance schedule of some sort, we may just be the ones to ride before the schedule comes around again. Sh.. happens.

mouse_luv

I guess after going on a ride a million times, people have suggestions on how to make it better. I love the music, and just the atmosphere in general. I'm sure they have a maintenance schedule of some sort, we may just be the ones to ride before the schedule comes around again. Sh.. happens.
Well sh...can happen mid may lol

Dragonman

I just feel the mansion has lost it’s eerieness since 2007, it just doesn’t feel like a ride you probably will be scared to go on anymore. I just get that feeling from it nowadays, I’m not sure how to exactly explain it. Pre-1995 mansion was probably the scariest IMO

AndyS2992

Looking through a friend's photos who just returned and noticed something odd in one of them..

They are either doing some work up there or Matt Sonswa and friends are at it again..

Prog

Blame the ones that took offense to mentioning the other park to begin with... And can of worms? being offended by and opinion... Thats not even a can of worms, that is a personal problem.
I'm so ing sick of people complaining about others "getting offended."

Nobody is complaining that the comment is offensive. They're complaining that it's an uncalled for tangent which baits renewal of a 49-year-old off-topic flamewar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom