Please Refurbish the WDW Haunted Mansion

aladdin2007

I know the dog's volume was reduced when the loud and ridiculous interactive queue was added in 2011 but now you can't hear the dog at all. Entering the mansion doesn't feel as creepy as it used to be.

Im not sure for how long but it has been turned off all together awhile now, I want to say one or two years. I just dont understand why they removed that great detail. And I do agree as well there is too much yelling by cast members at guests in this location. If the crowd control issues are that bad then something needs changing.

KBLovedDisney

I will say I really really really miss the original attic scene and the original ghost bride.
9a9f0edcbb42ec974ddb3f6effff9acf8325df18

Imagineer999

Original Poster
The NBC overlay is fantastic. And I don't even like the movie. Its like having a completely different ride for 1/4th the year.

I love the overlay and the movie, but I doubt it will ever come to WDW, which mostly caters to tourists who want the attractions to stay classic year round. Disneyland visitors who are mostly locals are more needy of holiday overlays.

I will say I really really really miss the original attic scene and the original ghost bride.
9a9f0edcbb42ec974ddb3f6effff9acf8325df18
I would take this any day over the weird, poorly synched projection bride. And while we're at it, can we at least re-sync the hitchhiking ghosts so they are remotely close to your doom buggy? The idea that they're taking your head off and replacing it gets a little lost when they're three miles away from you.

Imagineer999

Original Poster
Imagineer999, I think you're the one who replied to my comment about how they toned down the effects in the "Corridor of Doors" on the Youtube video of the same name. And yes, I've noticed much of what you mentioned having gone on the HM a few times in the past month. Recently, I especially noticed that peeling wallpaper in the stretching room, and am quite surprised they would let it get that bad.

Here's a post I made on another forum recently with my thoughts on the current state of the entire ride- I touch on many of the things you have brought up.

Thoughts on Current State of WDW Haunted Mansion

Yes I replied to your YouTube comment yesterday :)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Which interrupts the narrative. The Mansion wasn't designed to accommodate loading guests with disabilities. Pity that the Mansion can't be reconfigured to allow handicapped guests to ride without spoiling the story for everyone else.

Does Figment allow for uninterrupted boarding? I thought it did. It's somewhat like an omnimover. More like a coaster. Would that work? I agree HM needs to reconfigure their omnimover system but how!? LPS wouldn't work in such a tight space or on a incline. Tough nut to crack.

Raineman

How many threads do we have on here now that follow the "here are all of the things wrong with x attraction"? Almost every major attraction at WDW has a list of things that people think should be fixed, plussed, or returned to a previous version. If every attraction was closed for a refurb where every issue was solved, it would be years before anyone would be able to go to a park and have the opportunity to experience every attraction in that park, not to mention the fact that to fix every issue, these attractions would most likely be closed for months. Look, HM is my favourite WDW attraction, hands down. I can see some of the things that are not in working order, but they do not hamper my ability to enjoy the ride. To actively look for the minutia of every issue in an attraction and focus solely on those is doing a disservice to yourself, as there is no way that you can fully enjoy the attraction when your focus is mostly what is wrong with it.

Imagineer999

Original Poster
How many threads do we have on here now that follow the "here are all of the things wrong with x attraction"? Almost every major attraction at WDW has a list of things that people think should be fixed, plussed, or returned to a previous version. If every attraction was closed for a refurb where every issue was solved, it would be years before anyone would be able to go to a park and have the opportunity to experience every attraction in that park, not to mention the fact that to fix every issue, these attractions would most likely be closed for months. Look, HM is my favourite WDW attraction, hands down. I can see some of the things that are not in working order, but they do not hamper my ability to enjoy the ride. To actively look for the minutia of every issue in an attraction and focus solely on those is doing a disservice to yourself, as there is no way that you can fully enjoy the attraction when your focus is mostly what is wrong with it.

I do enjoy the attraction whenever I ride it, but poor maintenance is poor show and being a mansion fan who visits the WDW Mansion frequently it pains me to see it in the state it's currently in. Many fans have been hoping for the ride to get some necessary downtime, and the cast members who work there agree with me. One cast member asks me to report things that could be repaired. I'm just hoping this list will get the attention of the people in charge of fixing the ride. The maintenance report by has certainly caught Disney's attention and many issues featured in the report have been fixed. I am not just posting this list for myself. It is for everyone because attractions deserve to be in good shape so everyone can enjoy and admire them.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom