Please refresh my memory-what's hard to book?

Simba's Mom

Original Poster
For years we've had no trouble booking a TS lunch just a day or two in advance. So imagine my surprise when I logged on today and checked restaurants in the MK for our mid-October trip. I'd expect CRT to already be booked, but I wasn't expecting the Plaza and several others to be unavailable for lunch any day that week. Any others in any of the parks which are often unavailable for lunch?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Also remember MK closes at 7pm a lot of nights for MNSSHP in October so people's only options is to eat lunch if they want a TS those days not dinner in MK so that will affect it a lot Sept-Dec due to MNSSHP and then MVMCP.
Also a few days before you will have more luck than way ahead if not right at 180, because people start to cancel a few days prior to avoid the per person fee. MK there isn't a ton of TS options so they often fill fast but yes a few days/day prior you will probably get whatever you want. You might not but most likely it will open up as the most popular places open up often a day or 2 ahead too like BOG, CRT, etc at MK. Just keep trying. ;)

lemon meringue

Hollywood Brown Derby (in HS) can sometimes be difficult especially if you want a certain time. Coral Reef, Le Cellier, and Chefs de France (all in Epcot) are often full especially during free dining promotions.

If you continue having difficulty getting a reservation in MK you might consider taking the monorail to either The Polynesian or The Grand Floridian, or walking over to The Contemporary. All three of those resorts have nice lunch options.

DisneyPrincess5

A lot has changed, huh? It's really crazy how much things have changed sometimes when I really sit and think about it.

During the time you're going, MK sit downs are in high demand. Look into Skippers Canteen or consider eating at a QS spot at an unconventional time like 11a or 2-3p as it would (hopefully) be less crowded and you could sit and relax a bit more. As far as other spots go in other parks, I would just go online to play around with what's available as you never know with Disney. Sometimes typically high trafficked places would surprise you with availability according to day, time, and events that day or week.

I'm not sure what your plans allow, but I'd even consider a TS lunch at a resort. They'd likely have more availability and would add a nice level of relaxation to the middle of your day.

Good luck!

JIMINYCR

With guest numbers up and the parks getting more consistently crowded it isnt a surprise that youd find less available ADR's. We also could once upon a time walk in and get seating without a long wait, but now its risky going without prior ADR's made well in advance. When the crowds are there, you can count on everything, even the lesser rated places to be jammed. Guests get turned away from one place and move on to another. Keep that computer on and keep pushing the buttons and you may chance on getting what you want, when you want it. You may click on at the right time when someone happens to back out of a reservation and get a prized table.

slappy magoo

The word is out about reservations being that much more necessary. Would probably be easier listing the places where it's not as necessary.

jpittore1

I agree many people know that you need an ADR, but I do feel the My Disney Experience App/website has reduced the ability to double book ADRs.

maelstrom98

I missed my 180 mark by a day (somehow got the dates mixed up) and wasn't able to get Sci-Fi, 50s, or Akershus. So bummed! Hoping as it gets closer people will drop some reservations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom