Please Help Save the Country Bear Holiday Show!

spectrodanny

ARGH! I'm getting screwed AGAIN! Allow me to explain

September 20001: I loose my beloved West Coast Bears and my FAVORITE of the 3 shows the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown wich I feared i'd NEVER see again

February 2002:
I find out on a visit to WDW that 1 batch of prop/costumes and sets for CBVH has arrived from DL and will be used that summer. No such Luck

Now THIS???? What the heck is wrong w/ WDW! The Christmas show is JUST as popular as the original show . Sure it ccosts $$$ to change out the sets and costumes but is it worth it....YOU DARN WELL BETTER BELEIVE IT, i mean would they have a packed house day in and out if it wern't NO.

surfsupdon

Jen, I sent an email, a simple paragraph, and much to my surprise received a phone call from a female Disney executive thanking me for my concern. She said the show will probably not be around this year--although that is subject to change--and b/c Disney is always in a state of change, she doubts it will be up this year and that is okay. She said Disney is always listening to Guest feedback.

She asked for my memories of the show and then we went on a tangent of "our favorites." She was friendly and seemed sincere, yet she was probably "just doing her job."

But I did appreciate the phone call as I have sent several emails on previous topics and never garnered this kind of attention.

wannab@dis

It turns out that the head haunchos want to save some money by not changing the shows out. They see the Christmas Special as something they make little to no profit off of, so it's not worth it anymore.

Not to be a spoil sport... but are you really sure that's the reason?

Personally, I like the Christmas show better than the original... it's getting a little long in the tooth and unBEARable. :lookaroun sorry... :D

I have to wonder if there may be other reasons than money saving. Could be wrong... but...

BiggerTigger

Though I am trying to arrange some time off to go to WDW for the holidays, first time, I was looking forward to seeing the holiday show. Like many people who visit, a vacation is a major money decision and looking forward to the special touches, like country bears holiday show, can make a trip special. When planning trips I look at what rehabs are happening and plan around that.
So trying to make my first holiday trip, and yes there are plenty of other christmas things, I may delay my trip or be disappointed if the CB christmas show was cancelled this year.

P.S. Beary Christmas, Y'all:xmas:

Buford

Jen, I sent an email, a simple paragraph, and much to my surprise received a phone call from a female Disney executive thanking me for my concern. She said the show will probably not be around this year--although that is subject to change--and b/c Disney is always in a state of change, she doubts it will be up this year and that is okay. She said Disney is always listening to Guest feedback.

She asked for my memories of the show and then we went on a tangent of "our favorites." She was friendly and seemed sincere, yet she was probably "just doing her job."

But I did appreciate the phone call as I have sent several emails on previous topics and never garnered this kind of attention.
aw, that's so nice of them! could you copy/paste your email here for us to read? :)

dazzer68

hi got this email back from wdw yesterday!

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

When we receive comments from Guests, such as yours, they are shared
with various areas of our organization. This allows us to identify what
we are doing right, and what we can do better. You may be assured that
your observations have been shared and taken seriously.

If you should wish to discuss your comments further, or provide us with
additional details, you may call me at 407-828-4980. If I am not
immediately available when you call, please leave your telephone number
and an indication of the best time to reach you.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your honest and
constructive feedback. We hope to have future opportunities to
entertain you at our Resort.

Sincerely,

Joseph Paris
Executive Offices
Walt Disney World® Resort

so at least they are acknowledging the responses!

surfsupdon

aw, that's so nice of them! could you copy/paste your email here for us to read? :)

Here it is, and I told you it was basic: :p And that was why I was so surprised to get a personal phone call--I never even left a phone number!!

Dear Disney,

I am a 23 year old Disney vacationer and just wanted to express my disdain over the apparent cancellation of the Country Bear Christmas Special. I know that to a large company such as Disney, my one viewpoint may not mean all that much. But please do not cancel a show because it does not seem profitable. Disney exemplifies magic, and no stage show is more surprisingly magical than a cast of Christmas-singin' country bears. The attraction is classic Disney at its best and to deny the Bears their Season is to deny your Guests. In this Year of a Million Dreams, keep the Disney Dream alive and please allow the Bears to spread their Christmas Magic. Please listen to the fans and allow the Country Bears their Christmas Special.

Sincerely,
Don

(I included my last name in the original--maybe they used that to retrieve my phone number??!)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
I finally got a call from guest relations as well! I didn't get the call because I was at work, but they left me a 407 number to call if I have any other issues. :)

SAVE BABY NEW YEAR!

spectrodanny

SWEET Jenn! please forgive me for saying this but i'm NOT GIVING UP W/O A FIGHT! sure it may not happen THIS year but the Bears Christmas show is NOT PERMANENTLY Dead! Jenn may i make asuggestion: petitiononline.com ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom