Plaza at Magic Kindgom

TrentMom

Original Poster
Hi. It's me again.

I have been reading my birnbaum guide to Walt Disney World, looking at restaurants on here and on allearsnet.com, trying to find different restaurants to try.

My DS(3) is picky and I am a little, bit, too...LOL

What are everyone's thought on the Plaza in the Magic Kingdom? Anything special about it? What's the decor like?

Thanks
Trentmom

slappy magoo

It'll do in a pinch. Burgers and sandwiches and stuff like that, plus sundaes and shakes. Nothing fancy, nothing great, but passable. Food's on par with most counter-service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom, but you get out of the sun.

If you and your 3 year old are fussy, I'd suggest Crystal Palace. It's a buffet, so there are plenty of options, and it's a character meal, to boot, with Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet & Eeyore. If you hate absolutely everything else, the kid table has chicken fingers & mac & cheese. Granted, it's a lot of dough for chicken fingers & mac & cheese :D but I suspect you'll like more than just that.

TrentMom

Original Poster
It'll do in a pinch. Burgers and sandwiches and stuff like that, plus sundaes and shakes. Nothing fancy, nothing great, but passable. Food's on par with most counter-service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom, but you get out of the sun.

If you and your 3 year old are fussy, I'd suggest Crystal Palace. It's a buffet, so there are plenty of options, and it's a character meal, to boot, with Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet & Eeyore. If you hate absolutely everything else, the kid table has chicken fingers & mac & cheese. Granted, it's a lot of dough for chicken fingers & mac & cheese :D but I suspect you'll like more than just that.

Thanks Slappy.

My DS is much more pickey than I am....the only sandwhich he will eat is Grilled cheese.

I am what you call a plain jane when it comes to food.....burgers, sandwhiches, pizzas, etc...Nothing too exotic for me...

We did Crystal Palace last year for breakfast. Food was really good but DS wanted nothing to do with any of the Pooh and Friend characters......He is more into the fab five and playhouse disney characters.

Thanks
Trentmom

WDW Monorail

The menu consists of Sandwiches and Hamburgers as previously stated. It is certainly better than any counter service except for Flame Tree. The decor is Victorian/'50s style. I would recommend to try it even just once as with all restaurants in the world.

TrentMom

Original Poster
The menu consists of Sandwiches and Hamburgers as previously stated. It is certainly better than any counter service except for Flame Tree. The decor is Victorian/'50s style. I would recommend to try it even just once as with all restaurants in the world.

Sounds nice Wdwmonorail.

Is it a table service or a counter service meal? I am a little confused now.

Thanks
Trentmom

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sounds nice Wdwmonorail.

Is it a table service or a counter service meal? I am a little confused now.

Thanks
Trentmom

The Plaza Restaurant is a Table Service. I think WDW Monorail was just saying they had better food than similar food at Counter Services.

TrentMom

Original Poster
The Plaza Restaurant is a Table Service. I think WDW Monorail was just saying they had better food than similar food at Counter Services.

Oh Okay....Thanks Monty.

Thanks Pink Rose again for your help. That sounds right up mine and my son't alley. The decor sounds perfect as well.

Thanks
Trentmom

vilegirl

Personally, I love the Plaza. I like the atmosphere and I love their french fries!:lol: It's just nice to eat a meal on Main Street. And finishing off the meal with a nice big sundae is always a plus in my book!:slurp:

TrentMom

Original Poster
Personally, I love the Plaza. I like the atmosphere and I love their french fries!:lol: It's just nice to eat a meal on Main Street. And finishing off the meal with a nice big sundae is always a plus in my book!:slurp:

Awesome vilegirl.

French fries and ice cream...right up my alley. Not the healthiest things, but hey, we're on vacation, right!!!!

Trentmom

Uponastar

We ate at the Plaza when we were there in December. For some reason, we'd never eaten there before! Anyway, we had the Grilled Reubens. We both really liked them and the atmosphere was quite nice, as well! I would definitely recommend it!

PixieDust2006

My family and I ate there last April and we really loved it. Our reservation was in the mid-afternoon and there was NO ONE in there with us....really weird, I thought. But anyway, we were tired and hot and it is beautifully decorated and cool. Pretty simple fair, but what we got we loved! We couldn't believe that we had not seen it before. In fact, I read a post about on this board before our trip and that's why we tried it!

Go. I think you'll enjoy!

TrentMom

Original Poster
My family and I ate there last April and we really loved it. Our reservation was in the mid-afternoon and there was NO ONE in there with us....really weird, I thought. But anyway, we were tired and hot and it is beautifully decorated and cool. Pretty simple fair, but what we got we loved! We couldn't believe that we had not seen it before. In fact, I read a post about on this board before our trip and that's why we tried it!

Go. I think you'll enjoy!

Thanks Pixie.

I think we will add that to our list of table services to do.

Have a Magical Day!!!
Trentmom

Tramp

Hi. It's me again.

I have been reading my birnbaum guide to Walt Disney World, looking at restaurants on here and on allearsnet.com, trying to find different restaurants to try.

My DS(3) is picky and I am a little, bit, too...LOL

What are everyone's thought on the Plaza in the Magic Kingdom? Anything special about it? What's the decor like?

Thanks
Trentmom

The Plaza Restaurant is a 'must' on our Disney visits. The sandwiches are delicious and they have some excellent shakes, some of the best on property. I find this restaurant a refreshing change of pace from the full-fledged expensive meals and the fast-food counter service.

Here's a photo of the 'club' sandwich and 'Philly cheese steak' sandwich. Thank YOU for making me hungry! :lol:

IMG_0259.jpg

PotteryGal

The Plaza Restaurant is a 'must' on our Disney visits. The sandwiches are delicious and they have some excellent shakes, some of the best on property. I find this restaurant a refreshing change of pace from the full-fledged expensive meals and the fast-food counter service.

Here's a photo of the 'club' sandwich and 'Philly cheese steak' sandwich. Thank YOU for making me hungry! :lol:

IMG_0259.jpg

The Philly steak sandwich - yummmm! Definitely worth a lunch stop, and the ice cream sundae with strawberry topping was fabulous! :slurp:

TrentMom

Original Poster
T

IMG_0259.jpg

Thanks Tramp2.

That philly cheesesteak looks yummy. Being from South Jersey, we are very familiar with them.......

I am hungry, too now...LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom