Planning video (Old vs New)

head mouse

Original Poster
For the heck of it I ordered the planning video again. Yes I recived the HCOE video, but it's not the same as the original one they sent me 2 years ago.

For example. The map in the planning guide booklet is differnt.

Old map
AK_1.gif

New map
AK_2.gif

Also the DVD itself now talks about Everest.

I had not seen any video that actauly went on the ride.

Looks cool.

Anyways. Can't wait for the new Planing video for YMD. :)

sbkline

I got my new one as well and, yes, there are a few updates. But for the most part, it is the same video. The re-used all the footage and just added in the updates.

And, much to my dismay, the new one is defective just like my old one. The whole thing shuts off on me sometimes when I try to select an option, requiring me to turn the player back on and start over again. And that darn quiz game at the end kept locking up on my Sunday when I tried to play it.

kcnole

I just ordered the Disneyland one just to have it in my collection. I don't actually anticipate visiting Disneyland anytime in the next few years, but I can't get enough. I'd love to have one (in English) from the foreign parks as well. Does anybody know if they make those for Hong Kong, Paris, and Tokyo?

head mouse

Original Poster
And, much to my dismay, the new one is defective just like my old one. The whole thing shuts off on me sometimes when I try to select an option, requiring me to turn the player back on and start over again. And that darn quiz game at the end kept locking up on my Sunday when I tried to play it.

Really? Sounds like a problem with your DVD player.

I just ordered the Disneyland one just to have it in my collection. I don't actually anticipate visiting Disneyland anytime in the next few years, but I can't get enough. I'd love to have one (in English) from the foreign parks as well. Does anybody know if they make those for Hong Kong, Paris, and Tokyo?

OH COOL, I never thought about that. *runs to order other videos*

head mouse

Original Poster

Do you have the link to thoes different video order forms??? I can't seem to find them on the Disney site.

Thanks

disneydaft

Disneyland Paris do a DVD. I'm not sure if they ship to the US though.

sbkline

Someone posted in another thread not too long ago that, when they were riding POTC, a camera crew got on a boat as well. When the poster asked the CM what that was all about, he/she was told that the camera crew was filming the next vacation planning DVD.

So hopefully it will be soon. I'm not sure how long it takes to put all the footage together and mass produce it, but with Disney, surely it can't take that long. :D

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Really? Sounds like a problem with your DVD player.

Nope, it locks up on us in special features as well. Also, when you are touring the different resorts, it will not highlight the item that you are choosing, so you never know what you are going to select. Then you cant exit out to the main menu. Its rather nervewracking.

I will be glad when the completely new one comes out.

head mouse

Original Poster
Nope, it locks up on us in special features as well. Also, when you are touring the different resorts, it will not highlight the item that you are choosing, so you never know what you are going to select. Then you cant exit out to the main menu. Its rather nervewracking.

I will be glad when the completely new one comes out.

Weird. Both (actualy all 4 of mine (I gave the other 2 away)) worked fine.

Sorry to hear you guys had problems.

The new DVD should be out Oct 1st with the announcement of the new promotion. (according to my source)

nibblesandbits

The new DVD should be out Oct 1st with the announcement of the new promotion. (according to my source)
that's when I figured the new one would be out...but a girl can hope it would come out a bit earlier...

sbkline

So if I put in for a vacation planning DVD today, would they still send me the old one, or do you think they would hold the order until Oct 1 and mail me the new one?

spike3169

I thought it was odd that the dvd was pretty much the same like everyone is saying but it was still all about the celebration that is going to be over when I get there...nothing about the "dreams" events that start oct 1st (dont they?)

Missin_Disney

Ive got the planning video with the 4 people in it and i actually think its the worst one of the lot, i cant stand any of them, they are so bloody annoying. I really hope the new one for next year does not figure them AT ALL!! :mad: :mad:

Sorry i seem to be ranting a lot today lol :zipit: :zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom