Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

roj2323

Original Poster
Just a heads up guys.

We have a lot of storms moving through the Disney area not the least of which is a tropical storm (way to the north) so don't expect any real noticeable progress on the Observatory for the next 4-5 days.

Disneykings

Just a heads up guys.

We have a lot of storms moving through the Disney area not the least of which is a tropical storm (way to the north) so don't expect any real noticeable progress on the Observatory for the next 4-5 days.

Hope everyone stays safe .. Giving up all hope for Planet Hollywood being done by end October :arghh:

Next Big Thing

Just a heads up guys.

They were actually working really hard even through the pouring rain yesterday. Of course they obviously aren't going to work through what will likely be pretty decent wind speeds.

Also the 2 sides that have the material up were completely stretched and looked fine, I guess. Still worse than I thought it would, but fine.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Sept. 3. Two sections of the Planet Hollywood dome completed, fully stretched.

IMG_8286.JPG

WDWBryan

Wow so the refurb is covering the dome in fabric? Tacky what is it rips off the old ugly stars will be exposed until they fix it?

roj2323

Original Poster
Sorry, I really don't think that looks nice at all. Looks like it's being covered in a dingy sheet.

Considering how prominent this structure is, it's a real shame they cheapened out on it.

They are not done yet and the Dingy sheet is an affordable solution to get the look they wanted with a high quality long lasting material. Hold your criticism until they are done at least. It's like going to a Hotrod shop and telling the guy building the cars that he does crappy work because all you can see are the parts in the process of being painted and restored instead of seeing the final product.

hpyhnt 1000

They are not done yet and the Dingy sheet is an affordable solution to get the look they wanted with a high quality long lasting material. Hold your criticism until they are done at least. It's like going to a Hotrod shop and telling the guy building the cars that he does crappy work because all you can see are the parts in the process of being painted and restored instead of seeing the final product.

Fine...I'll hold my fire (for now). But if I still think it looks lousy 3 months from now, I'm not holding back! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom