Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It looks good to me - inside and out. The food looks to be right up Hubby's alley. I have definitely added it to our list for September.

This pic is so pretty that it doesn't even look real.
IMG_1427.jpg

And, much like I said in another thread, I think the new colours of the balloon are spectacular against the Springs' colour palette.

lazyboy97o

Looks like the perfect space for whatever is going to be there next.

Everything about this remodel has screamed prep for easy conversion to something else if Planet Hollywood go under.
More that Planet Hollywood is not sure how long they will stay. These large anchor tenants are responsible for their own buildings with design approved by Disney. Planet Hollywood did not use the same designers that Disney used for the common and Disney portions of Disney Springs, but Planet Hollywood's designers do also count Diagon Alley, Pandora and many more amongst their projects.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Projecting several TV screens that all have the same show playing has two problems:

1. It's a projection of TV screens.... you're projecting onto a huge blank wall which is one giant screen... so... why make your show into TV screens all playing the same thing in the same viewing direction? Just project onto the giant screen.

2. It's a projection of TV screens. What part of "Hollywood" in "Planet Hollywood" did they not understand? They should be movie screens. Walk outside your restaurant. Do you see "Hard Rock Cafe" in lights? Then stop playing rock videos.

It has a nice view.

brihow

This looks to be a glaring misstep for DS. Curious to see how popular it will be, with so many great restaurants steps away.

I am Timmy

The inside is so underwhelming I feel like I have to ask.... is it finished? Did they run out of money before completion? The ceiling is a blank white projection screen? There is no color. What about this interior says, "Hollywood"? Disappointing.

deeevo

For some reason I thought the inside was going to be a darker planetarium feel with projections on the ceiling of stars and stuff. Unless the food is amazing I don't see this working since the last concept eventually failed and it had no where near the competition it does now. We will see if Guy's recipes are really worth his hype.

Stitchon

Planet Hollywood has been bleeding money since forever. Are we really surprised they half-arsed a remodel that was likely forced on them by Disney as a condition to stay in Disney Springs?

Meanwhile their subsidiary Buca di Beppo is closing restaurants. How long until PH is even an entity?

raymusiccity

More that Planet Hollywood is not sure how long they will stay. These large anchor tenants are responsible for their own buildings with design approved by Disney. Planet Hollywood did not use the same designers that Disney used for the common and Disney portions of Disney Springs, but Planet Hollywood's designers do also count Diagon Alley, Pandora and many more amongst their projects.

Aha! Planet Hollywood Designers subterfuge to drive patrons to Diagonal Alley!

brb1006

Okay I take back what I said about Planet Hollywood being the closest to a real life Pizza Planet from Toy Story that I said earlier in this thread.
latest

latest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom