Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Most of the inspections issues are not related to the kitchen, but occupancy permits. Things like fire suppression, emergency exits, and tiny finishing items.

Most of the restaurants have these types of issues. I would expect something similar is happening at PH.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
DSC05642-2.jpg
DSC05639-1.jpg
DSC05644-3.jpg
DSC05645-4.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

ptaylor

Premium Member
The whole project appears to have been heavily affected by budget cuts, a big missed opportunity, and probably the only building that is a let down in the new Disney Springs. The Observatory look has mostly gone by the wayside.

The exterior skin does not look good. It is very rough around the edges, and I imagine it will get worse over time.

There are utility boxes and duct work everywhere. Particularly bad when viewed from the Coca Cola building side.

There are LED downlights around the entrance, but you can see the actual LEDs, and it looks bad.

The interior, from what we can see so far, looks very bland. The entrance box area seems to be mostly empty, a big wasted space.

I expect the food to be a little better than what was there before, but nothing special.

We'll see when it finally opens.

Next Big Thing

Most of the inspections issues are not related to the kitchen, but occupancy permits. Things like fire suppression, emergency exits, and tiny finishing items.

Most of the restaurants have these types of issues. I would expect something similar is happening at PH.
The failed inspection I spoke of at AMC was due to cockroaches found in the kitchen. On multiple days of inspection.

71jason

The whole thing feels like a Frankenstein's monster of a restaurant to me. Like halfway through making the planned Jekyll-&-Hyde-Club-like "Observatory"/"Stargazers Lounge" they gave up on that theme and ran back to Planet Hollywood to keep the name and some (but hardly all) of the PH memorabilia, overlaid on what they had already done. Then they threw in the menu from a Guy Fieri restaurant that never happened--was it even rumored?--and copied the milkshakes from Toothsome at the last minute because they blew up on social media.

Which raises all kinds of questions. Why did they bail on the original Observatory concept? Was PH planning on moving out (likely to their new 535 resort) before the Mouse pulled them back in? Was Fieri ever up for his own place in DS and if so why did that fall thru? Or was he a last minute save to jazz up what would have seemed a "been there, done that" PH?

Overall I still think STK is #1 on the most likely to leave list, but barring some truly amazing burgers this looks like it may be #2.

lazyboy97o

The whole project appears to have been heavily affected by budget cuts, a big missed opportunity, and probably the only building that is a let down in the new Disney Springs. The Observatory look has mostly gone by the wayside.

The exterior skin does not look good. It is very rough around the edges, and I imagine it will get worse over time.

There are utility boxes and duct work everywhere. Particularly bad when viewed from the Coca Cola building side.

There are LED downlights around the entrance, but you can see the actual LEDs, and it looks bad.

The interior, from what we can see so far, looks very bland. The entrance box area seems to be mostly empty, a big wasted space.

I expect the food to be a little better than what was there before, but nothing special.

We'll see when it finally opens.
The whole thing feels like a Frankenstein's monster of a restaurant to me. Like halfway through making the planned Jekyll-&-Hyde-Club-like "Observatory"/"Stargazers Lounge" they gave up on that theme and ran back to Planet Hollywood to keep the name and some (but hardly all) of the PH memorabilia, overlaid on what they had already done. Then they threw in the menu from a Guy Fieri restaurant that never happened--was it even rumored?--and copied the milkshakes from Toothsome at the last minute because they blew up on social media.

Which raises all kinds of questions. Why did they bail on the original Observatory concept? Was PH planning on moving out (likely to their new 535 resort) before the Mouse pulled them back in? Was Fieri ever up for his own place in DS and if so why did that fall thru? Or was he a last minute save to jazz up what would have seemed a "been there, done that" PH?

Overall I still think STK is #1 on the most likely to leave list, but barring some truly amazing burgers this looks like it may be #2.
Disney must have wanted Planet Hollywood to stay for some reason. Why else let them slide away from the concept?

KBLovedDisney

Here are a few pics I found on Instagram. I think I can safely say I'm severely underwhelmed by the interior. Where is the projected galaxy all over the ceiling/walls? This looks like a bad video game.

View attachment 186185 View attachment 186186
For some reason, this looks like 90s Disney trying to make a comeback. It's not exactly bad, but at the same time not exactly mind blowing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom