Plane, Train, or Automobile?

dae_woods

How Are You Gonna Get To WDW???

Now that we all know when everyone's next trip is...now we need to know by what means you are getting there.

My brother and I are going to drive all 15 hours from Indy because airlines are just too much for us. How bout you?:hammer:

cdevor

The family of 5 will be flying in May. We debated about driving, but the 22 hr drive didnt' sound like a great idea with 3 kids. Maybe another time. I think we will be much more relaxed as traveling with our boys can be stressful at times.

Upvote 0

TheDisneyGirl02

We are driving this summer. However, if all goes as planned, we'll be leaving from Twinsburg, OH instead of PA. My twin and I go to Twins Days every year so we're going to go to Disney right after the festival!

I love driving! A good cross stitch to do and a portable DVD player and I'm set! :lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dae_woods

Original Poster
It is like a road trip. It's just a really long road trip that has a destination that you would rather be instantaneously at rather than waiting an extra 15 hours.:hammer:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We are flying down to Florida for springbreak on April 2nd. We are driving down in July for our annual trip to WDW.
The drive is part of the vacation. :wave:

Upvote 0

David

Originally posted by WDW Cast Member
I usually drive, but that makes sense considering the airport, and train station are both further away from disney than my house...i sense the jealousy already.

Just how close are you to WDW and how often do you go. (I want to know your where abouts so I can send out a goon squad)

Upvote 0

WDW Cast Member

I can be to disney in 10 minutes...there are plenty of places closer, in fact, some friends of mine can watch the MK fireworks from their porch...and then clean the fallout off their cars if the wind is blowing the right way.

Upvote 0

iluvstitch

As a kid, our family either drove to WDW (about 19 hours) or took the Auto Train b/c my mom didn't like to fly. The problem w/driving or taking a train in my opinion is that you arrive at WDW already exhausted. I like to fly (takes only 2 hrs) and arrive ready to go have fun. In July, I took a 9 am flight and was checked into CBR and playing games at DisneyQuest by noon!

A lot of people think driving is cheaper, but after gas $$, staying in a hotel overnight, extra food, tolls, parking, etc. it sometimes is the same as airfare. -Stephanie

Upvote 0

barnum42

I did a road trip from Boston to Atlanta. Just once. That was enough.

However as I live in England, options are limited to flying - not unless I want to risk flooding the engine :D

Upvote 0

MCO Dreamin

Have driven in the past but time on the road is better spent at the parks :) , and when you can only get away from your job for a week at a time flying is the only option.

Upvote 0

Scooter

Lets see....22 hour drive vs 2 hour flight.

Hmmm...tough call.

We fly. We leave Chicago O'Hare at 7:30 and are in the parks by Noon.

Maybe when we have 3 weeks vacation and an RV we'll drive, but I doubt it.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

I'm driving. Thank goodness for 3 rows of seats, a drop down DVD screen and separate music controls for the front seat passengers! 12 hours later, there we are!

Upvote 0

epcot2004

I can account for all 3! In 1995 we flew, we didn't like it, rough flights. Then came the trip in 1996, we took Amtrak, 32 hours later we arrived; never again. The next 6 trips 97,98 99, 2000, 2002, 2003 we drove the approx 1300 miles from Buffalo to Orlando, the shortest time was 19.5 hours. Finally, a few weeks ago we flew, that's the only way for us now. In just a few hours we got on a plane and we were there. No traffic or speed traps. After all of that I would say fly or drive but don't take the train.:)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by MKCP 1986
I'm driving. Thank goodness for 3 rows of seats, a drop down DVD screen and separate music controls for the front seat passengers! 12 hours later, there we are!

We bought our van because of the drives to WDW. One kid in the center row, one in the back row. 2 kids/ 6 seats. Works out right. :lol: Separate music controls, but they usually use their CD players because they don't agree on music. The last 2 trips we had Harry Potter Audio books...very good on the drive from NY.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom