Plan my trip??? advice for a newbie (somehwat)

SplashMtn.

Original Poster
Haha, alright, well I am going to Disney June 21-29 and we arrive sunday morning at noon. Should we go to a park the day we arrive??? what are crows like on sundays for the paks? and where do you suggest we go for Mon, Tue, Wed, etc.??? When will crows be smallest?

Thanks!

Also, Its me (17) my brother (12) and mt friend (17) and my parents.
We arrive sundat june 21 at Noon

kitten2299

How long is your trip? What time do you have to get up in the morning the day you arrive? Since we get an early flight we like to swim in the pool and relax at the hotel and go to a later dinner and if up to it check out the fireworks.

BigB911

Buy The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. You can find it on Amazon.com for around $15. Read the book. Then go to touringplans.com and have them plan your trip for you.

Edit: Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any of the above mentioned entities (the book or websites.)

want2betink

Wow......nothing that I love better than someone asking for planning advice. I use Birnbaum Guides-Offical Guide to Walt Disney World, and of course, this website. I agree with another poster. If you have to get up super early and you have enough time, relax the first day. We are going to do DTD our first day this year. We have always gone to the parks on our first day and are almost too tired to enjoy it.
Remember-it's Disney World!!! Enjoy yourself:)

toystorymaniacs

Ok, so if you arrive at 12:00 I assume you are taking ME to your resort. I would probably get checked in and get a counter service lunch at your resort and maybe head to Epcot for the afternoon. Epcot is the best park to get to later in the day. You could make an adr somewhere in world showcase and then head back to your room and be ready to go the next morning. I wouldn't try and stay for Illuminations that night.

GatorGambit

Epcot after 12pm is a good idea. I personally would be hanging at the hotel pool for the afternoon and hit Downtown Disney in the evening.

Atomicmickey

Buy The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. You can find it on Amazon.com for around $15. Read the book. Then go to touringplans.com and have them plan your trip for you.

Edit: Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any of the above mentioned entities (the book or websites.)

I second this advice.

Best information out there is in that guide and on the website.

ENJOY!

ThinkTink721

Haha, alright, well I am going to Disney June 21-29 and we arrive sunday morning at noon. Should we go to a park the day we arrive??? what are crows like on sundays for the paks? and where do you suggest we go for Mon, Tue, Wed, etc.??? When will crows be smallest?

Thanks!

Also, Its me (17) my brother (12) and mt friend (17) and my parents.
We arrive sundat june 21 at Noon

Weekends do tend to be more crowded.
But, we usually arrive during the weekend during our trips & we always tend to be overly excited & just have to visit a park. :sohappy:
We usually opt for Epcot or the MK.
However, we have visited Downtown Disney on our arrival day too.

:wave:

toystorymaniacs

I was going to suggest DTD but have always found it very crowded on weekend afternoons, if you do go there that afternoon make sure to eat at Wolfgang Pucks Express. You can never go wrong with a relaxing afternoon at the pool either.

Lucky

I would buy the extra day on the park tickets in any case, for arrival day (and departure day if you're staying past noon). It's only a few more dollars, and it gives you the option of going to a park every day if you feel like it.

We always go to a park on arrival day, unless we arrive late in the evening. Everyone's different, but if you and your friend are 17 and your brother is 21, I can't imagine you'd be too tired to go to a park on arrival day. Leave your parents at the resort if they're tired.

courtfran

I think it is also a good idea to go to disneyworld.com and check out the Extra Magic Hours. For example, I get there Sunday morning and Magic Kingdom is open to midnight. So that gives us time to settle in but also time to go to magic kingdom for the evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom