Places to eat outside the parks

MattyFresh

My girlfriend and I were sitting down looking over all the places to eat all through out the world....I was wondering if people could give some suggestions were some really good places are to eat that is not in the parks. We are getting the DDP so I want to keep everything that we can eat on that. My girlfriend was really wanting to do Wolfgang Puck, but I didn't know if there are some other places that might be a better choice then this. She really wants to get dressed up and have a nice meal. I didn't know if the crab house at west side would be a better choice or not? I know we are planning on doing coral reef, so I don't want to overload on seafood. Any suggestions would be great.....cause ummmmm, I am clueless :shrug:

BBalz

I would suggest getting reservations for Ohana's right before the fireworks at the MK start. If you can, request for a window seat because you can see Cinderalla's castle beyond the lagoon with the view. The restaruant usually dims the lights and plays the music in correspondence to the fireworks as if you were watching the show from inside the park. The food is extraordinary and all you can eat, but not quite a buffet because they serve you. The service tends to be top notch as well. Whatever you choose to do I'm sure it'll be great but you can't go wrong with Ohana's.

Upvote 0

pirate-princess

rainforest cafe is cool but its not too dressed up special

one of the restaurants in grand floridan?

and i have heard lots of good news about the 13th floor restaurant at contemporary

(psst if you heading completely out of disney - i give 5 out of 5 to bahama breeze)

Upvote 0

Billy6

Bongo's is a great restuarant, quite romantic and then you can dance there as well. I have been there many times, food is always great for me, and I like the atmosphere and the music...\Great date place, get dressed up...

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

My girlfriend and I were sitting down looking over all the places to eat all through out the world....I was wondering if people could give some suggestions were some really good places are to eat that is not in the parks. We are getting the DDP so I want to keep everything that we can eat on that. My girlfriend was really wanting to do Wolfgang Puck, but I didn't know if there are some other places that might be a better choice then this. She really wants to get dressed up and have a nice meal. I didn't know if the crab house at west side would be a better choice or not? I know we are planning on doing coral reef, so I don't want to overload on seafood. Any suggestions would be great.....cause ummmmm, I am clueless :shrug:
I like the buffets, but we have a family of 5.
Here are some suggestions:
Cape May Cafe (BC Resort) - dinner buffet (clam bake, shrimp, prime rib, etc.)
Cinderella's Royal Table (MK) - B,L,D w/ Cinderella & other characters
The Crystal Palace (MK) - B,L,D w/ Pooh & Friends
Hollywood & Vine (MGM Fantasmic Pkg.) - dinner buffet
Trail's End Restaurant (FW Resort) - dinner buffet (ribs, shrimp, etc.)
1900 Park Fare (GF Resort) - dinner w/ Cinderella & other characters
Mickey's Backyard BBQ (FW Resort) - dinner show w/ Mickey & friends
The Garden Grill (Epcot) - dinner w/ Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale
Chef Mickey (Contemporary Resort) - dinner buffet w/ Mickey & friends
For a dress up dinner, there is Victoria & Albert's at GF Resort.
There are more - check the Unofficial Guide to WDW 2007 book - it's great!
Hope this helps!
:wave:

Upvote 0

UKMickeyFan

Deffinately try Boma or Jiko at AK lodge, Boma is a buffet with a huge choice of food. Jiko is one of the best table service restaurants in wdw, you can get dressed up, the atmosphere is great and you can also check out the animal viewing areas and camp fires at the lodge, very romantic if thats what you are looking for.

I would also recomend, O'Hana, California Grill and Raglan Road. I really like the Teppanyaki in Japan too, but obviously that is in Epcot.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We love the California Grill a must visit every trip, and now they have tackled the tshirt and flip flop issues you wont feel out of place if you make an effort with your attire.

Also Jikos at the AKL is very nice if you want to try something new, orthere is Artists Point, we are heading there in the summer

Upvote 0

I-4Warrior

Eating outside the parks, I will typically push strongly for Boma. However, if I'm watching my dollars, I'll head to the Marketplace and go to the Earl of Sandwich.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom