PizzeRizzo Closing or Receiving Menu Changes?

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Grocery store froze pizza is more enjoyable, honestly.
There are some halfway decent frozen pizzas just like there are some halfway decent frozen burgers. What Disney uses for both are awful.

Cape Cod Pizza company makes solid frozen bar pizzas in a handful of different flavors and bubba burgers are far better than anything Disney serves in their QS restaurants.

Minthorne

letspizza-3.jpg

I was told by a Bus Driver's barber that they are replacing it with these.

KBLovedDisney

I'm the biggest Muppet fan. Lifelong, borderline obsessive in my younger years.
And PizzaRizzo is the sloppiest themed wasted opportunity ever.

Did I expect the corporation to approve anything as ambitious as The Great Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor? No.
But.... it would have been nice if they've put in some... effort.

I'm a Muppet fanatic and I'd be okay if this closed because I kinda forget that it even exists.
Or maybe they could have done something creative and brought in the Swedish chef. Heck, I'd be okay if behind the ordering counters, we were greeted by a huge screen (good quality mind you) of the chef cooking and talking to the food and the customers.

Then to add to the ordering experience, there would be a pick-up window with another screen with the rats working in the kitchen talking to each other and you would hear funny jokes and commentary as you wait for your pizzas and what not.

Not sure why I chimed in with that, but that idea just happened and now I wish I could see it in person.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I've never seen it not deserted. But I also rarely see the area around Muppets not deserted. Granted, I haven't been since Baseline opened, so maybe that brings some people over.

I definitely don't think that keeping it closed until summer (or even till Star Wars) is that bad of an idea. It isn't a well received place and Studios has other dissapointing quick services to fill the void. Maybe this will give them a chance to refresh the menu or add a bit more theming.

Or they could revert the space back to a walkthrough exhibit like it was before they made Pizza Planet. Sacrifice an unliked restaurant to add another simple/cheap attraction to handle star wars crowds

eddie104

I'm the biggest Muppet fan. Lifelong, borderline obsessive in my younger years.
And PizzaRizzo is the sloppiest themed wasted opportunity ever.

Did I expect the corporation to approve anything as ambitious as The Great Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor? No.
But.... it would have been nice if they've put in some... effort.

I'm a Muppet fanatic and I'd be okay if this closed because I kinda forget that it even exists.
Another lost concept but who knows with the recent investment in DHS maybe they will revisit the idea.

ppete1975

close it, do a quick awesome retheme of either Swedish chef or Rizzo with animatronics (like what was originally supposed to be there). Open in time for mickey and star wars and this would be a slam dunk with the crowds and bring in some muppets and something else for people to see and do.
Why do these things seem so easy for us, and yet the people who should be making these decisions don't. The roi would be worth it. And they will need it when star wars and mickey open.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Maybe it's going to be re-themed to a Zootopia resteraunt...

Giggle.

——————//

The venue is nice. A/C good. If they would create a menu that guests enjoyed it would solve the problem. A frozen pizza cooked Sams club style is not great. They fixed the Commissary they can fix the food here too. The Commissary use to be low attendance now hard pressed to find a table.

SSH

Or maybe they could have done something creative and brought in the Swedish chef. Heck, I'd be okay if behind the ordering counters, we were greeted by a huge screen (good quality mind you) of the chef cooking and talking to the food and the customers.

Then to add to the ordering experience, there would be a pick-up window with another screen with the rats working in the kitchen talking to each other and you would hear funny jokes and commentary as you wait for your pizzas and what not.

Not sure why I chimed in with that, but that idea just happened and now I wish I could see it in person.

If someone with even a fraction of the creativity and passion Walt had still ran the company, yup. That's exactly what we'd have - at a minimum - and probably a whole lot more amazing stuff we couldn't even imagine.

SpaceMountain77

The Stage 1 Company Store recently reopened, after being reimagined, and it could not be anymore generic. The flooring and cabinets remind me of an early 2000s Gap Kids and babygap store. There is absolutely no theme, just a merchandise space with standard fixtures.

If the signage was removed, then PizzeRizzo, too, would be generic; it is a quintessential Italian counter service restaurant with nods to a neighborhood pizzeria.

If the banners were removed from the exterior, then MuppetVision 3D would simply be the Grand Arts Theatre.

Muppet Courtyard became Grand Avenue.

I am no insider and have no knowledge of the future of PizzeRizzo and this courtyard, but this area could easily transform into another land in a short period of time because it largely exists in signage alone. There is no indication, in any guest space within this area, to suggest that the Muppets are permanent residents of Grand Avenue.

This is purely armchair Imagineering, but Grand Avenue is city enough to become Metroville.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom