PizzeRizzo Closing or Receiving Menu Changes?

aladdin2007

The quickserve at mgm is so awful that it all should be closed...by the health department 🤢

I hate to say it but so should casey's corner in MK, talk about filth, I will never step foot in there again. I don't know how they are getting away with some of these locations and the condition they are in. I hope chapek and management is happy, because I think they are hitting a new low.

TJJohn12

I still don’t get why a Blaze / Mod Pizza model can’t work in the parks.

Or even a slicery. NYC perfected the quick service pizza joint millennia ago - seems like it should be easy to replicate in this space rather than the frozen pies.

Point to the slice you want, throw that slice in the oven to warm it up, pull it out and slap it on two paper plates, done.

Jon81uk

I still don’t get why a Blaze / Mod Pizza model can’t work in the parks.

Or even a slicery. NYC perfected the quick service pizza joint millennia ago - seems like it should be easy to replicate in this space rather than the frozen pies.

Point to the slice you want, throw that slice in the oven to warm it up, pull it out and slap it on two paper plates, done.

Psychologically for me a personal pizza feels like a meal and a slice feels like a snack. Could be the same weight/calories but a whole personal pizza makes me feel like I’ve had a meal more than a single slice does.

muddyrivers

The Stage 1 Company Store recently reopened, after being reimagined, and it could not be anymore generic. The flooring and cabinets remind me of an early 2000s Gap Kids and babygap store. There is absolutely no theme, just a merchandise space with standard fixtures.

All of the Muppet related fixtures are gone (upstairs dressing room doors ala Muppet Show, room near entrance with all random props and items, Muppet Babies nursery window)?

Cmdr_Crimson

All of the Muppet related fixtures are gone (upstairs dressing room doors ala Muppet Show, room near entrance with all random props and items, Muppet Babies nursery window)?
It's just the one side where they had the set for Muppet Babies that was removed..The Muppet stuff side still has the minor props left...just doesn't make sense why they had to add the wall to seperate it..

mikenatcity1

I loved the decor/theme of the restaurant, and occasionally like the theme park style pizza. I hope if it's a menu change, they don't go to the $8/slice pizza that is at Disneyland (Pizza Planet). That pizza did not look appetizing and was far too expensive compared to the round pizzas (still available in Toon Town). It would be odd to flat out close it, unless they are going to close all of the Muppet area (just my thoughts...)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I hate to say it but so should casey's corner in MK, talk about filth, I will never step foot in there again. I don't know how they are getting away with some of these locations and the condition they are in. I hope chapek and management is happy, because I think they are hitting a new low.

Magic kingdoms is pretty bad too...

I’d say that they are neck and neck for tbe title of worst park food...much better option overall in the other two

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I loved the decor/theme of the restaurant, and occasionally like the theme park style pizza. I hope if it's a menu change, they don't go to the $8/slice pizza that is at Disneyland (Pizza Planet). That pizza did not look appetizing and was far too expensive compared to the round pizzas (still available in Toon Town). It would be odd to flat out close it, unless they are going to close all of the Muppet area (just my thoughts...)

Let me help you out here...

Don’t eat pizza in a Disney run facility. You can’t go wrong.

Also never touch papa John’s or dominos.

PSA

“Theme Park style pizza” is typically the worst available from Aramark. And just so we’re clear...I can eat $4 store pizza on occasion. Something are guilty pleasures.

It just isn’t found at an amusement park.

Just like Casey’s hot dogs...where an upgrade in taste would cost a fraction of a penny...but people eat it so why bother?

Last edited:

aladdin2007

It's just the one side where they had the set for Muppet Babies that was removed..The Muppet stuff side still has the minor props left...just doesn't make sense why they had to add the wall to seperate it..

This cheap detheming kick they are on is a bad sign of things to come. Not liking it one bit. everything is going to end up looking like the springs world of disney store, not good.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

PSA

“Theme Park style pizza” is typically the worst available from Aramark. And just so we’re clear...I can eat $4 store pizza on occasion. Something are guilty pleasures.

Just like Casey’s hot dogs...where an upgrade in taste would cost a fraction of a penny...but people eat it so why bother?

and to clarify, Via Napoli is not technically Disney run and their pizza is amazing.

PREMiERdrum

PSA

The killer thing here is that pizza is really easy, and really inexpensive, to do well. I'd wager that a central commissary somewhere on property providing fresh, chilled dough pans and prepared sauce would save them money over the break-and-bake drivel they're pushing out now.

flyerjab

I don't understand why they can't get this location quite right in terms of food. It is a great spot, especially with outside, elevated seating for people watching. And in contrast to what others say, I think that there are some QS locations that make really good food. Satuli Canteen is a prime example of that. My wife makes that a priority stop for us on every trip. So yes, they can get it right.

I am wondering if they would consider making it more of a - dare I say - non-IP themed QS, to fall more in line with the Grand Avenue style a la the Tap Room? That place is excellent, as is the small bites that they serve there. Maybe they could go more for a California cafe style approach, focusing more on the food...you know, the real reason that you want to go there?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
and to clarify, Via Napoli is not technically Disney run and their pizza is amazing.

I’d say it’s “good”...not the best but worth it.

And yes...thankfully Disney doesn’t supply patina’s Food.

We ate at Maria and Enzo’s last month and it was pretty good...I’ll try their pizza window next time I’m there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This cheap detheming kick they are on is a bad sign of things to come. Not liking it one bit. everything is going to end up looking like the springs world of disney store, not good.

It’s penny shaving...literally.

Detheming to save small costs every 5-10 years when redos are required.

In the hotels too...the “welcome to Marriott” movement

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't understand why they can't get this location quite right in terms of food. It is a great spot, especially with outside, elevated seating for people watching. And in contrast to what others say, I think that there are some QS locations that make really good food. Satuli Canteen is a prime example of that. My wife makes that a priority stop for us on every trip. So yes, they can get it right.

I am wondering if they would consider making it more of a - dare I say - non-IP themed QS, to fall more in line with the Grand Avenue style a la the Tap Room? That place is excellent, as is the small bites that they serve there. Maybe they could go more for a California cafe style approach, focusing more on the food...you know, the real reason that you want to go there?

They can get locations right if the vary the food quality and don’t shoot for dining plan determined overhead budgets.

Generally speaking...that’s the problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom