PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

MKeeler

The window removal got me thinking... Any chance the rumor of the Muppets appearing out of windows in Liberty Square is a test for a future use in in this area? With work on a second floor and removal of side windows blocking any other view than from the front, it would seem you could have a perfect area for Muppet performers to appear and interact with the crowd in Muppet Courtyard. I'm not familiar with the interior layout to know if this is even possible, but it got my brain to working.

Phroobar

I can just see Sam the Eagle leaning out the window saying,

Sam-the-Eagle.gif

Daveeeeed

Any chance that there might be a Muppets c-ticket announced at D23? I've always loved the Muppets part of Streets of America, but just wanted a reason to go there other than Muppetvision 3D. I figured if Muppets Courtyard didn't get major updates it was going to be removed at some point, but now it is becoming a true mini-land. I could just imagine going through the streets of New York trying to get to a show that they're late to or something, it could kind of be like Mr. Toads Wild Ride in a sense. A Kermit animatronic would really make people connect with him and the other Muppets. And Disney could make the animatronics much, much cheaper than Frozen: Ever After, and they would look just as good, as it is definitely not as hard to bring a puppet to life as it is an animated character.

I wonder though, will Commissary Lane change for HWS 2.0? Because it would feel a bit awkward walking through there to get to the new Muppets Courtyard, and Star Wars Land. And will the Soundstage numbers on buildings still be present.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Glad to see this finally announced, but surprised on the timing. It's not like they suddenly have concept art or an opening date to share with us, so why finally acknowledge the project today even though they've said nothing since before Pizza Planet even closed?
There is a media event at Disneys Springs today, so perhaps they feel it will get some exposure from that.

Jahona

Man I wonder I wonder how they are getting around the health code violations of having a rat cook food. It didn't work to well for Remy. On a serious note just taking out the old arcade machines probably added a lot of seating. This location never felt like it had enough indoor capacity on some of my past trips during the summer.

fngoofy

We can only hope that they will not have this kind of Pizza and have a better tasting one..
1106300007.jpg
I hear ya. If anyone remembers the "Lancelot Pizza" that used to be in Fantasyland circa 1980-86, it was a blessing and a curse for pizza. for the first half of its life the pizza was fantastic. Then they switched to something that was just awful. The current offering is neither fish nor foul, but they should get MelloMushroom in there and it would be the biggest draw counter service in the entire WDW.

Seabasealpha1

So...yea or nay to Pizza Planet as a part of the Toy Story expansion?

meh...is what I say to this...glad it's muppets...but I question why they couldn't have made "Pete's" from "The Muppets Take Manhattan" happen....though...I know the answer... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom