PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

Next Big Thing

As seen in the link above, Gonzo's Royal Flush is a nod to a scene in The Muppets (2011). Here's the pic:

flush2.jpg

I wonder if the interior of the bathrooms reflect this as well

roj2323

And if there's one thing Disney loves refurbishing, it's bathrooms. They currently have a pretty big program actually to re-do every bathroom on property over several years with updated equipment so they no longer have to use paper towels anymore.

So another cost savings move.

Doing away with paper towels completely is not on the table but getting rid of the Stainless steel paper towel dispensers is as they can't get parts for them anymore and they break all the time. At one point cast restrooms were being stripped of their dispensers (replaced with plastic ones) so the on stage dispensers could be fixed. DHS (LMA and SOA rest rooms) was one of the test locations for the battery powered dispensers they are now installing in the remodeled rest rooms along with the air knife dryers. As for the rest rooms getting remodels they quite frankly need it badly in some cases. The worst of them is Epcot's rest rooms which in large part haven't been touched since the park opened.

Next Big Thing

Doing away with paper towels completely is not on the table but getting rid of the Stainless steel paper towel dispensers is as they can't get parts for them anymore and they break all the time. At one point cast restrooms were being stripped of their dispensers (replaced with plastic ones) so the on stage dispensers could be fixed. DHS (LMA and SOA rest rooms) was one of the test locations for the battery powered dispensers they are now installing in the remodeled rest rooms along with the air knife dryers. As for the rest rooms getting remodels they quite frankly need it badly in some cases. The worst of them is Epcot's rest rooms which in large part haven't been touched since the park opened.
Oh I agree about Epcot's restrooms (having worked them). I wish they would throw the CMs a bone with the storage closets though. Main Street restrooms storage closets are honestly bad for your health. On my training day, I was warned not to stay in there too long because of asbestos. It's freakin 2016, I shouldn't have to worry about that!

roj2323

Oh I agree about Epcot's restrooms (having worked them). I wish they would throw the CMs a bone with the storage closets though. Main Street restrooms storage closets are honestly bad for your health. On my training day, I was warned not to stay in there too long because of asbestos. It's freakin 2016, I shouldn't have to worry about that!
lol you should see some of the closets at DHS. The center rest room (sunset boulevard behind the Planet Hollywood store) closet is fairly spacious but it gets absurdly hot in the summer because there's no ventilation and the water fountain water cooler pump discharges the waste heat into the closet. The one day we checked it was 111F in the closet. The worst closet is probably all 4 closets in the Muppets restrooms. The closets in the restrooms were Tiny (3x3 square at most) and had way too much stuff packed into them. The closet outside (between the RR) was also the Show Ready closet so there were a ton of chemicals that made it smell like holly hell and the upstairs closet which was shared with the Pizza Planet cast smelled of rotting garbage because the trash chute door had broken probably 15 years ago and no one bothered to fix it and the cast constantly dripped trash juice across the floor without cleaning it up as they were trained to do.

Next Big Thing

lol you should see some of the closets at DHS. The center rest room (sunset boulevard behind the Planet Hollywood store) closet is fairly spacious but it gets absurdly hot in the summer because there's no ventilation and the water fountain water cooler pump discharges the waste heat into the closet. The one day we checked it was 111F in the closet. The worst closet is probably all 4 closets in the Muppets restrooms. The closets in the restrooms were Tiny (3x3 square at most) and had way too much stuff packed into them. The closet outside (between the RR) was also the Show Ready closet so there were a ton of chemicals that made it smell like holly hell and the upstairs closet which was shared with the Pizza Planet cast smelled of rotting garbage because the trash chute door had broken probably 15 years ago and no one bothered to fix it and the cast constantly dripped trash juice across the floor without cleaning it up as they were trained to do.
Wow, glad DHS wasn't my "Home". I only worked DHS once (working Fantasmic) and was probably one of the easiest shifts i've ever had. Basically just had to prep for incoming crowds, watched F!, then prepped for outgoing crowd rush. Hope they build bigger closets with the new lands they're building.

The one thing I really dislike about Basically every park except MK is that at MK, we got ear pieces for our radios. When I would pick up shifts at other parks, myself and all the guests around me had to listen to everyone on the radio, which I felt was very poor show.

Last edited:

roj2323

Disney has shifted a lot of their pizza to the flat breads. Even Pizzafari looks to have flatbreads now. It's not Via Napoli but it's substantially better than the crap they were serving before.

It is a step up but unfortunately it's the same pizza property wide which was the problem they had before. Fortunately they are trying to experiment a bit with toppings and such but they really need to hire some millennial's to make the recipes as the stuff they have been trying (cheeseburger pizza among others) is disgusting from what I hear.

YodaMan

Everyone (my self included) seems to be discussing the idea of actual Muppets maybe being used at whatever Mama Melrose might become, but now there's a rumor that seems to be hinting that we might actually be getting some Muppets at PizzeRizzo. For some reason this Twitter account seems to get a lot of flack, but it also mentioned the Muppet MK rumor months before this site had even first posted about it, so I'm at least inclined to think this is really on the table at the moment.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 1.24.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 1.24.47 AM.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 145

Princess Leia

Everyone (my self included) seems to be discussing the idea of actual Muppets maybe being used at whatever Mama Melrose might become, but now there's a rumor that seems to be hinting that we might actually be getting some Muppets at PizzeRizzo. For some reason this Twitter account seems to get a lot of flack, but it also mentioned the Muppet MK rumor months before this site had even first posted about it, so I'm at least inclined to think this is really on the table at the moment.
If this is true... Maybe it's something like rats popping out from the walls from time to time? Or maybe they've brought back Gonzo and Camilla getting stuck in the air ducts.

No Name

And if there's one thing Disney loves refurbishing, it's bathrooms. They currently have a pretty big program actually to re-do every bathroom on property over several years with updated equipment so they no longer have to use paper towels anymore.

So another cost savings move.

But it saves trees!!

While using electricity. Most of that electricty, at least presently, comes from non-renewable sources. Whereas trees are far more renewable. But I'll hush. Nobody wants to hear that part.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom