Pixie Hollow or Wonderland?

• Pixie Hollow

Votes: 36 18.9%
  • Wonderland

Votes: 154 81.1%

• Total voters

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
So I have noticed a bunch of you (including myself) that have been mentioned how much they would prefer Wonderland over Pixie Hollow. So just for fun, who votes Pixie Hollow and who votes wonderland? Feel free to explain yourself ;)

I vote for wonderland because i feel it will last longer and stand the tests of time way over a land based off a straight to DVD franchise.

What are your thoughts?

cassiedoodle

WONDERLAND! I love you WDW, but I really can't stand the idea of Pixie Hallow :hurl: I honestly thought this would be a common sense choice for them, the expansion is really not very boy friendly.

WDWmazprty

Pixie Hollow, although being very beautiful and one of a kind, really only appeals more towards girls. Whereas Wonderland can appel to girls and boys alike and, IMHO, is a lot more well known. :D

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
Why not just make the entire expansion Neverland, they can make the Little Mermaid Area the Mermaid Lagoon :ROFLOL:

but all joking aside I am glad to see that I am not the only one that wants Wonderland. :D

lebeau

Why not just make the entire expansion Neverland, they can make the Little Mermaid Area the Mermaid Lagoon :ROFLOL:

but all joking aside I am glad to see that I am not the only one that wants Wonderland. :D

Well, I don't think there was ever any doubt what the outcome of this poll would be. Around here, you might as well have just asked who wants free ice cream?

jakeman

I don't understand the purpose of this poll.

To echo lebeau, of course fans are going to want something different. Fans seem to have an internal clock of about 10-15 years before it is acceptable to like something that Disney put out. So in 2020, people will be clamoring for Pixie Hollow. :ROFLOL:

In all seriousness, we aren't getting Wonderland. Right now it appears we are getting nothing. The poll might as well said Pixie Hollow or Star Wars.

lebeau

To echo lebeau, of course fans are going to want something different. Fans seem to have an internal clock of about 10-15 years before it is acceptable to like something that Disney put out. So in 2020, people will be clamoring for Pixie Hollow. :ROFLOL:

In all seriousness, we aren't getting Wonderland. Right now it appears we are getting nothing. The poll might as well said Pixie Hollow or Star Wars.

The poll could have been Pixie Hollow or Pulp Fiction and Pulp Fiction would have won. (It also would have gotten my vote.) I think the disdain for PH on this particular forum is well documented by now.

Krack

The pushback on PH is that by making them direct to video, Disney itself signaled to everyone "We don't really expect this to be any good. We're just trying to make a quick buck." The fanbase has simply reacted appropriately. If Disney thought it was making movies that would stand the test of time, they'd get released theatrically. Twenty years from now, everyone will still know who Tinkerbell is, but the rest of the new characters from these movies will be afterthoughts.

lebeau

The pushback on PH is that by making them direct to video, Disney itself signaled to everyone "We don't really expect this to be any good. We're just trying to make a quick buck." The fanbase has simply reacted appropriately. If Disney thought it was making movies that would stand the test of time, they'd get released theatrically. Twenty years from now, everyone will still know who Tinkerbell is, but the rest of the new characters from these movies will be afterthoughts.

That's an assumption of the forum community. It may or may not be accurate. But I wouldn't be overly surprised if the Fairies franchise carries on for more than a single generation. It could very well stand the test of time.

Everyone here gets so hung-up on direct-to-video. I'll beat this dead horse's bloody carcass one more time: The franchise is much bigger than just the direct-to-video releases.

Also, there is nothing wrong with dtv as a medium. Disney just has a lousy track record of using it for a quick buck. WB, for example, has released a number of very good dtv DC super hero movies. And the PH movies represent a step in the right direction for Disney's dtv efforts.

Disney seems to have realized the error of their ways where dtv is concerned. They've become much more selective and the quality has been stepped up substantially. The question is: is it too late to win back consumer trust?

jakeman

The fanbase has simply reacted appropriately.
The fanbase rarely reacts appropriately.

I agree again with what lebeau has stated. With DVD players, streaming video, iPads, and iPods all over the place, direct-to-video seems to be becoming a viable alternative to releasing media.

In the past direct-to-video did have the stigma of lesser quality, but it seems that is fading as we become a more on-demand society.

Time will tell.

HM Spectre

The poll could have been Pixie Hollow or Pulp Fiction and Pulp Fiction would have won. (It also would have gotten my vote.) I think the disdain for PH on this particular forum is well documented by now.

It has as much to do with the fact that Wonderland would be a fantastic idea as much as Pixie Hollow being a terrible one. You're talking about a land with wacky and yet beautiful visuals, several memorable scenes to replicate and identifiable characters to build around... not to mention it would have a much more universal appeal than PH. Not sure what more you could ask for, although for some reason, it's a pipe dream while PH was almost put through. Sigh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom