Pixar's Onward

Nerdman3000

Funny enough, and slightly ironic considering the later parts of the trailer feature a kind of 'modern day Fantasy' idea, but the moment I saw the unicorns and Mermaids, the first thing I had thought of was that this turns out to be really successful and Disney wants to add a new land to DAK in ten or so years, at least this way they finally do something with leftovers/remnants of the dragons and fantasy theme from the never built Beastly Kingdom land.

Magenta Panther

Okay, correction: the characters look like Lanny and Wayne's brother Noel from the Prep and Landing sequel Naughty Vs. Nice. (Both shows are wonderful Christmas specials, BTW, which I own on DVD. Watch them every Christmas, but still, the resemblance is between the characters is a bit jarring).

And the trailer looks like a mashup of Prep and Landing and George Lucas' Strange Magic.

(Gaahhh, Strange Magic. I love movies about magic and enchanted worlds, but good god, Strange Magic. One of the WORSE movies I've almost suffered through - couldn't get past the first 10 minutes, or the point where a girl elf starts singing "I'll Never All In Love Again". Jesus, what a bomb.)

Unicorns eating out of the trash, hilarious! It's an incongruity because unicorns are usually presented as beautiful ethereal creatures and so turning them into garbage-munching alley cats is just...wow...what a misfire.

PASS.

brb1006

Okay, correction: the characters look like Lanny and Wayne's brother Noel from the Prep and Landing sequel Naughty Vs. Nice. (Both shows are wonderful Christmas specials, BTW, which I own on DVD. Watch them every Christmas, but still, the resemblance is between the characters is a bit jarring).

And the trailer looks like a mashup of Prep and Landing and George Lucas' Strange Magic.

(Gaahhh, Strange Magic. I love movies about magic and enchanted worlds, but good god, Strange Magic. One of the WORSE movies I've almost suffered through - couldn't get past the first 10 minutes, or the point where a girl elf starts singing "I'll Never All In Love Again". Jesus, what a bomb.)

Unicorns eating out of the trash, hilarious! It's an incongruity because unicorns are usually presented as beautiful ethereal creatures and so turning them into garbage-munching alley cats is just...wow...what a misfire.

PASS.
At least wait until the later trailers before giving your full judgement on how the film turns out. The later trailers will go more into the story.

erasure fan1

At least wait until the later trailers before giving your full judgement on how the film turns out. The later trailers will go more into the story.
Pixar is a funny thing. I say this a lot with their movies but they dont tend to make great trailers. So while I can say this trailer looks highly mediocre, so did the Incredibles and many other pixar movies that are now my favorites. So i really try not to judge their movies until I see them.

Magenta Panther

Pixar is a funny thing. I say this a lot with their movies but they dont tend to make great trailers. So while I can say this trailer looks highly mediocre, so did the Incredibles and many other pixar movies that are now my favorites. So i really try not to judge their movies until I see them.

I liked the Incredibles trailer right away. Couldn't wait to see it. I even liked the Cars trailer (but boy did I dislike the film).

Incredibles 2, by the way, was soooooooooooooo disappointing. Didn't laugh once. Dull story, and all of the characters except Elastigirl were poorly used. Lame villain too. Too bad.

brb1006

5yqnbbln0gi31.png

WhatJaneSays

I'm in such a weird place with this movie.

It's nearly tailor-made for me; the gal with more fantasy paperbacks, D&D dice, and punk/biker jackets than she could ever need. BUT ... none of the trailers/teasers/clips have grabbed me. If I saw that latest trailer devoid of context or branding I'd think "DANG Dreamworks has significantly up-ed their game and this will fill the void of How to Train Your Dragon and could VERY easily top it". (That's not a dig at Dreamworks, they do good work, they just tend to not stick the landing on their originals.) I'm unsure what particularly about Onward strikes me oddly as a Pixar work, something just feels slightly off?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom