• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Pixar's Onward

Princess Leia

This comes out next month, and I’m just not looking forward to it. Soul? Yes. Onward? No.
Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised?

BrianLo

I'm on the cautious train as well.

I think an argument could be made for this being Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and HTTYD in a blender.

Dreamworks gravitates towards mythical fantasy and this is really Pixars first foray into it.

General Mayhem

As someone who has never liked or cared for much of Pixar's offerings this is the first one that appeals to me in a big way. I for one am very excited for it, even if it doesn't seem like a lot of other people seem to be interested sadly...

InnKpr

even if it doesn't seem like a lot of other people seem to be interested sadly...
And what's frustrating is, even if this and Soul turn out to be good quality films, but underperform financially due to many people afraid to take a chance on "the new", then it only gives Disney/Pixar more incentive to continue the safer, sequel & remake route rather than diving into the new themselves.

Tired of remakes & sequels? Don't blame the studios. Blame the public with the "this looks bad, even though I know very little about it, so I'll probably skip it" mindset.

A comfort zone can be a nice place, but nothing grows there.

InnKpr

Why I never trust teasers/trailers, especially when it comes to Pixar:
Back in 1995, my first impression of Toy Story, despite being a step up in animation tech, was pretty meh & childish in presentation. And we all know how that final product came out.

Top Bottom