Pixar's Coco.

Jahona

Best Animated was a given at this point. Best song I can see the nomination but I don't feel that it was strong enough for a win.

Princess Leia

Best Animated was a given at this point. Best song I can see the nomination but I don't feel that it was strong enough for a win.
I’d have to listen to the others to make a fair judgement.

Of the animated films, Loving Vincent is the only other one I have an interest in seeing

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
At the same time that The Last Jedi was making $220 million domestically, Coco brought in an extra $10 domestically. Totals are:

Domestic: $150.7 million
Other: $300.0 million

Total: $450.7 million

It has already surpassed the Box Office of four Pixar movies...

upload_2017-12-18_23-42-51.png

These are the countries in which Coco hasn't been released yet or their Box Office hasn't been reported yet...

upload_2017-12-18_23-40-57.png

Princess Leia

At the same time that The Last Jedi was making $220 million domestically, Coco brought in an extra $10 domestically. Totals are:

Domestic: $150.7 million
Other: $300.0 million

Total: $450.7 million

It has already surpassed the Box Office of four Pixar movies...

View attachment 251101

These are the countries in which Coco hasn't been released yet or their Box Office hasn't been reported yet...

View attachment 251100
So I typically take the numbers for Toy Story and Bug’s Life with a grain of thought, because they were released without 3D, and without that Pixar recognition they get now, but man Cars 3 did not perform well this year.

21stamps

Well that and 20 or more years of ticket price inflation...

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=pixar.htm

There’s no way that I would see something like “Cars 3” in the theater. We see all of the major kids movies.. but there’s a few that I just wait for video. I’m only a family of 2 and a movie + popcorn + soda is @ $70+.

We do have a few theaters here that have full meals inside, and allow under 21 years old, those are the best value, Decent food at decent price.. I have a much easier time paying $15-$30 for a plate of food than I do for popcorn...but we don’t go there too often due to the times never working out.

5thGenTexan

There’s no way that I would see something like “Cars 3” in the theater. We see all of the major kids movies.. but there’s a few that I just wait for video. I’m only a family of 2 and a movie + popcorn + soda is @ $70+.

We do have a few theaters here that have full meals inside, and allow under 21 years old, those are the best value, Decent food at decent price.. I have a much easier time paying $15-$30 for a plate of food than I do for popcorn...but we don’t go there too often due to the times never working out.

$70?? My wife and I went to see The Last Jedi today. Tickets, 2 large drinks and a large popcorn was $34.

21stamps

$70?? My wife and I went to see The Last Jedi today. Tickets, 2 large drinks and a large popcorn was $34.

Tickets alone were $35 for one adult and one child. 2 large drinks, 1 large popcorn, 1 pretzel bites was another $30something. I’d love to be able to go to matinee...but we always have to go in the evening.

mf1972

Tickets alone were $35 for one adult and one child. 2 large drinks, 1 large popcorn, 1 pretzel bites was another $30something. I’d love to be able to go to matinee...but we always have to go in the evening.
i think our tickets were $41, but that was our choice. we have an AMC theater with the dolby atoms system & reclining seats. felt it was worth it for star wars. :)

5thGenTexan

upload_2017-12-19_21-52-38.png

Still wow... General admission on a Friday night here is $11 and its not a shady theater either. :)

upload_2017-12-19_21-52-38.png

21stamps

i think our tickets were $41, but that was our choice. we have an AMC theater with the dolby atoms system & reclining seats. felt it was worth it for star wars. :)

Yep. I fell like it’s “worth it” for all of the popular movies.. but something like Cars 3? Nope...that’s probably why that movie struggled. I’d think a lot of people may just decide to wait for the dvd or iTunes, unless your kids were really into Cars.
I’m sure I’ll be at every Lego movie that ever gets released ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Many of the Pixar, Disney, LucasFilm, or Marvel sequels have done better or almost as well as the movie before it. The big exception is the Cars franchise because the second one was so bad. I'm sure its issues was the reason Cars 3 was a pass for many people.

21stamps

i might be in the minority here, but i actually preferred cars 2 over 3. :facepalm:
I’ve never seen 3, so cant comment either way.

Coco is definitely in my top 5 Disney movies.
My kid absolutely loved it as well. There’s not any princesses to generate crazy tearful worship and hype, but I hope the parks incorporate the movie, maybe eventually showcase it in an attraction. So many possibilities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom