Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Princess Leia

Coco has very little in the way of animated competition, it merely needs to be good and well marketed with the Pixar brand at this point. Next to that you have BlueSky (unfortunately a pretty second tier player) with their Ferdinand movie.

I'd say the animated market is pretty starved this year. Outside of Boss Baby over preforming, this year has been a bit of a dud. Cars/Despicable Me both underperformed domestically and Lego Batman is long ago in the home video sphere.

I'm not even really sure what movie deserves to be nominated for an oscar, let alone win at this point. Pretty sad when last years' five noms were all more deserving.
Who knows, maybe something overseas will win for the first time since Wallace & Gromit...

Not saying it'll happen, but unless Coco's a dud, it's plausible.

Kevin_W

If kids can handle the psychological damage of Mufasa's death, I don't think some cartoonish (and not at all threatening or scary) skeletons are going to have families running from the theater. That's not what Day of the Dead is about.

Well my daughter, for one, could not handle the psychological damage of Mufasa's death. :) She's 9 now and has never watched the movie again since seeing it at a young age. I think they even depiced that scene at a Disney on Ice presentation we saw when she was 5-6 and it was traumatizing then,

DisneyFan18

It's basically The Book of Life, just Pixar's version.

This is the third Pixar movie that doesn't appeal to me at all. Brave and Cars 2 were the others.

I don't believe it's the Pixar version of the Book of Life, while admitedly it shares certain similarities, they are completely different movies. Just because both of them are about The Day of the Dead, it doesn't mean they have to be seen as competence or ripoffs or "Pixar Version", they can perfectly coexist. Honestly, as a Mexican, I appreciate the representation my culture is getting. Maybe you should open your mind a little ;)

JohnD

As I understand it quite a big overlay.

They would have to completely re-do the queue. While I'm sure boats will first still pass in front of the pyramid before entering the attraction, having the entrance right inside as it is now with increased interest would create a huge log jam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom