Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

MCast

Personally, I like the Three Caballeros. I think it is an okay ride. However, I think that they should have kept El Rio del Tiempo. I love the Three Caballeros and wish they would have done more than just an overlay type ride.

I enjoyed El Rio del Tiempo because it felt more authentic and genuine. TTC feels like putting lipstick on a pig to me personally.

It's an adequate ride if you're trying to avoid crowds at peak season, but I wouldn't go off the beaten path to seek it out.

Magenta Panther

Personally, I like the Three Caballeros. I think it is an okay ride. However, I think that they should have kept El Rio del Tiempo. I love the Three Caballeros and wish they would have done more than just an overlay type ride.

It'd be nice if the ride were restored to El Rio and would just have the Caballeros at the very end, as a nice tie-in to Disney and a fun finish to the ride.

huwar18

It'd be nice if the ride were restored to El Rio and would just have the Caballeros at the very end, as a nice tie-in to Disney and a fun finish to the ride.

I completely agree. That would be best of both worlds. I talked about this topic in another blog. I love the characters (IPs) and Authentic EPCOT. I wish they could find a happy medium.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
The current Mexico ride is unimaginably boring. I sort of enjoy it, but the pacing is godawful.

MDactor1980

I'd like to drop by and say that @dcharacternews on Twitter (same person who said that Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps could be coming to Epcot) is speculating now that Miguel from Coco may be doing meet and greets at Epcot when the film comes out this fall. No further details as of now, but stay tuned.
Aren't meet & greets with new characters at the time of the movie release standard operating procedure for the parks now? And Epcot has become the home for them...

IanDLBZF

And Epcot has become the home for them...
Not all of them. For instance, some of them debuted at Hollywood Studios before either:
  1. Retiring from regular M&G and becoming event exclusives, or;
  2. Moving to other parks, like Epcot, or Magic Kingdom, or;
  3. Moving elsewhere within Hollywood Studios
And sometimes, they were event exclusives before becoming regulars (e.g. Joy and Sadness only appeared for corporate events, then 10 months after Inside Out was released did Joy & Sadness make their WDW debut) or did not do M&Gs outside of corporate events, then debuted in a hard ticketed event (e.g. MNSSHP or MVMCP) before becoming regulars (e.g. Nick & Judy currently are in MISIDPI, but have done M&Gs during company events. They started doing M&Gs during 2016's MVMCP, and are expected in the near future to become regulars at Epcot Character Spot), or they debut in other parks (like what we've witnessed with most Princesses).

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

No joy & sadness and nick & judy did not, as is the subject of several tooth gnashing threads on here
And on that subject, I mentioned on another thread that Miguel Rivera could be the "rumored third character" that is said to be coming to Epcot, in addition to Nick & Judy (which believe me is not a dead rumor now that you mention it). That thread is located here.

Princess Leia

Mid 2020.
:confused:o_O
I am never going to understand the way Disney thinks about these things nowadays. They had a Hunchback of Notre Dame show at DHS that literally opened on the same day as the movie in 1996. Flash forward 18 years, and it took them 7 months to put in a Frozen show. Frozen was (and still is) way more popular than Hunchback was at the box office.

I get that shows are different than movies, but this is starting to be pathetic.

Jones14

Incorrect.

Real possibility. Currently on track to happen. Mid 2020.
Could this serve as an indication that the project is going to be more substantial than the El Rio to Three Cabs changeover? Or are we still looking at swapping out screens and calling it a day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom