Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Sir_Cliff

Why not do it like they have done to Small World in Disneyland (and other parks) and integrate skeleton versions of all the different Disney characters... Skeleton Cinderella, Skeleton Little Mermaid (could be named Burial instead of Ariel)... Then Skelly Poppins, Dead Anna and Elsa...(Skelsa)...lol
I guess you could have Bambi's mom, Ellie Fredrickson, Mufasa, Gaston (I imagine Lefou has his picture on his ofrenda)...

DisneyFan18

With the Three Caballeros Show coming in 2019, I wonder if that’s why they are waiting to do this overlay. If the show does well, they already have a ride to capitalize on its success. If not, then they always have the option of Coco.
I was thinking the same, it makes The Three Caballeros become a more active IP, in order to capitalize the attraction, and therefore work as a counter to Rat & MP. However, I feel like the Coco overlay will still happen even if in 10 years, as it has been expanding ya fan base since it was released on Netflix, and gives time for the IP to generate Nostalgia. And from what I have been reading Coco Merch sells out in DL, so maybe something could also be added there? For example the Coco Mug and the Father Day’s Pin both sold out pretty quickly!

Sir_Cliff

I was thinking the same, it makes The Three Caballeros become a more active IP, in order to capitalize the attraction, and therefore work as a counter to Rat & MP. However, I feel like the Coco overlay will still happen even if in 10 years, as it has been expanding ya fan base since it was released on Netflix, and gives time for the IP to generate Nostalgia. And from what I have been reading Coco Merch sells out in DL, so maybe something could also be added there? For example the Coco Mug and the Father Day’s Pin both sold out pretty quickly!
If merchandise begins to sell and the film develops a durable following I guess they might revisit the proposal.

As for the tv series, I would be surprised if the people in charge of making these decisions even knew there was a Three Caballeros series coming out next year.

Brer Oswald

Yeah. All this does is bide Caballeros, and it’s fans (like me), more time.
If merchandise begins to sell and the film develops a durable following I guess they might revisit the proposal.

As for the tv series, I would be surprised if the people in charge of making these decisions even knew there was a Three Caballeros series coming out next year.
The first season has been finished for quite some time, so I’d be shocked if any of the higher ups didn’t know about it. Regardless, they know about it now, and it’ll likely influence their decision for the immediate future. Coco will likely happen at some point, maybe just before the inevitable Coco 2.

Cmdr_Crimson

With the Three Caballeros Show coming in 2019, I wonder if that’s why they are waiting to do this overlay. If the show does well, they already have a ride to capitalize on its success. If not, then they always have the option of Coco.

The opening just looks Sooooooo...Gooood....Dang-it This is why we can't have nice things.....

Plus they added a wiki page with all english Voice actors for the show..
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Legend_of_the_Three_Caballeros

Cmdr_Crimson

Still no Brazilian actor for José :cry:.....but he’s Canadian so that’s cool!

This must be the new thing making new shows for other countries and hoping they will come to the US...I'm still hoping for the Cartoon Network series Villianous to come to the US...The voice of the Blue Bear named 5.0.5 is voiced by Youtuber Markiplier..

It's kind of like the 3rd series of Stitch made in China (Yes there is a 3 series in China) Called Stitch & Ai however the voice actors are all English dubbed..In fact the voice actress of AI is voiced by anime voice actress Erica Mendez who voices Retskuo in Aggretsuko & Ryuko in Kill La Kill...

Sped2424

Given the show's direct to video quality and the fact that it's premiering in the philippines first through an online app I don't think it's going to have anywhere near the success coco has. Also the show being popular does not negate the point that Coco is more appropriate for the pavilion.

TwilightZone

This must be the new thing making new shows for other countries and hoping they will come to the US...I'm still hoping for the Cartoon Network series Villianous to come to the US...The voice of the Blue Bear named 5.0.5 is voiced by Youtuber Markiplier..

It's kind of like the 3rd series of Stitch made in China (Yes there is a 3 series in China) Called Stitch & Ai however the voice actors are all English dubbed..In fact the voice actress of AI is voiced by anime voice actress Erica Mendez who voices Retskuo in Aggretsuko & Ryuko in Kill La Kill...

That stitch show looks very cute. But everything stitch is cute, well besides the great escape. Wonder what Jumbaa's reasoning is for trying to capture stitch for the third time.

Brer Oswald

Given the show's direct to video quality and the fact that it's premiering in the philippines first through an online app I don't think it's going to have anywhere near the success coco has. Also the show being popular does not negate the point that Coco is more appropriate for the pavilion.
No not at all. It just makes me wonder if a benefit to delaying the overlay would be seeing how the show performs in other countries. If it is a success, they reap it’s temporary benefits. If I had my way, we’d just get an attraction in Brazil staring José and Donald. This dynamic was a focal point of three different films, and makes more sense than what we currently have with Grand Fiesta Tour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom