Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Lets Respect

Studios Paris was a mess when built...and was 5 years later when I was there...

Ratatouille was built because they needed anything and Everything they could get their hands on there...not becuse of the movies box office performance. Still I hear a good show...I'm interested in the clone.

Yes, but the fact Rat was set in France was a factor. Especially at a park that was struggling with its Disney identity within French culture

kong1802

I see where the rumor makes sense.

Take an unpopular ride, retheme it, and voila, popular ride!

But that logic has not really been used in the past.

I remember when inside out came out. Immediate rumor: Cranium Command being revived as inside out! Makes total sense.

And Buzzy is still sitting in the dark......

I'll believe it when I see it. But this rumor still seems too convenient to me. So I'll still remain a skeptic.

I'm also still waiting for the Wreck it Ralph refurb of Stitch....

Sir_Cliff

Yes, but the fact Rat was set in France was a factor. Especially at a park that was struggling with its Disney identity within French culture
Latin Americans and Latinos in the United States are significant demographics for WDW with whom the film has particularly resonated, though. I actually like the current attraction, but considering the lack of rides in World Showcase it doesn't attract much attention at present, try as they might with additions like the sign on the promenade. Coco was a successful and very well received - by some beloved - film that I'd imagine is far more marketable than what they have now and certainly no less so than a Ratatouille ride.

Lets Respect

Latin Americans and Latinos in the United States are significant demographics for WDW with whom the film has particularly resonated, though. I actually like the current attraction, but considering the lack of rides in World Showcase it doesn't attract much attention at present, try as they might with additions like the sign on the promenade. Coco was a successful and very well received - by some beloved - film that I'd imagine is far more marketable than what they have now and certainly no less so than a Ratatouille ride.

Absolutely. I think it would be a great addition personally

I just can't see them spending 75M on this in a U.S. park considering the performance of the movie in the U.S. and the paltry merchandising opportunities.

Rat was different...that was put into a French park. Yes, the clone is coming here, but the original ride was in Paris. If there was a WDW-Mexico, Coco would probably get its own land

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@marni1971, do you know what this is for?

(Photos via Bioreconstruct)

Have these touch point ever worked? Went over to Mexico twice this past week and they weren’t working.

Also got to see three birds of feather... keeled over yesterday!

Maybe they're going to move the Day of the Dead check-in point from Agent P (a box with a marionette skeleton in the Mexican restaurant) to that?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It certainly was...but the fact that the park was a disaster and still is inadequate greased the skids Big time.

Nobody in Orlando is saying "we really need to pump up Mexico...that's key"

It's kinda apples to grapefruits

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you have a figure of how much merch business Disney has done with Coco, especially in comparison to other franchises that took in similar box office and were made into a park attraction?
there's no way to know...for sure. But you can go to a target or toys r us and get a general idea of what kinda value/potential they place on a property.

There was as much little mermaid stuff around the holidays as there was coco...more moana too.

That's not scientific...but also not completely off either.

Lets Respect

What do you mean "few merchandising opportunities"? Didn't you buy a bunch of those huggable dolls like I did? :cautious:

You mean this one? I tried to buy one but you got there before me ;)

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.29.21 PM.png

That would be cute Halloween costume for next year though. Just paint your face and put on a red hoodie!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom