Pixar Place Rides

Master Gracey 5

Original Poster
Rather than go off topic in the Indiana Jones thread, I wanted to pose the question here about ideas for expanding Pixar Place in DHS.

Forget Radio Springs Racers - how about some new rides that would be DHS specific (at first at least) that are themed around Pixar movies? You can suggest existing ride architecture or some new hybrid. Assume they got rid of the backlot tour and Catastrophe Canyon to make the space. What would you want to see?

I loved UP and think they would have success in a dirigible themed ride around Paradise Falls. They could use the Soarin ride system with minimal changes since it can't take up much more space than the CC set. UP had some gorgeous scenery and IMO it would make an amazing flight to take.

Can't wait to see other people's ideas!

Figment632

Rather than go off topic in the Indiana Jones thread, I wanted to pose the question here about ideas for expanding Pixar Place in DHS.

Forget Radio Springs Racers - how about some new rides that would be DHS specific (at first at least) that are themed around Pixar movies? You can suggest existing ride architecture or some new hybrid. Assume they got rid of the backlot tour and Catastrophe Canyon to make the space. What would you want to see?

I loved UP and think they would have success in a dirigible themed ride around Paradise Falls. They could use the Soarin ride system with minimal changes since it can't take up much more space than the CC set. UP had some gorgeous scenery and IMO it would make an amazing flight to take.

Can't wait to see other people's ideas!

I don't want another SOarin in WDW but that is just me. For up I picture an immersive dark ride that is suspended like Peter Pans flight and in certain parts you are surrouned by screens that give the illusion of flight. The screen would be a cylinder that you travel through.

Also I would love to see an Incredibles interactive dark ride.

Thrill Seeker

Monsters Inc and Incredibles are at the top of the list, but I'd love to see an Up ride. I too envisioned it as a next gen Peter Pan's Flight but that is better executed so there won't always be an hour wait no matter what.

I can see Soundstage 1 becoming the Monsters Inc Scare Coaster, the queue/show building for the Backlot Tour becoming a new attraction i.e. Incredibles or Up and for the HISTK Playground to become A Bug's Life. I still think the area around the premiere theater could end up being the queue and load area for RSR...eventually...

Master Gracey 5

Original Poster
UP as a next gen Peter Pan would work as well and make the ride more accessible for everyone. I'm not a huge fan of Soarin myself, but the potential thrill of "flying" over Paradise Falls would make this one heck of use of the ride system.

Wouldn't mind seeing the idea for a Monster's Inc coaster dusted off too.

BrerFrog

I was going to mention the Monsters Inc. Hide and Go Seek ride, but since you are looking for original ideas I think Wall-E certainly deserves some sort of dark ride.

LoriMistress

A Wall-E attraction like helping Wall-E and Eve search for the plant would be cool. A Monsters Inc. Ride regarding the moving doors. Or even The Incredibles attraction. They could even have a small little attraction of Cars like using bumper cars--but on a much grander scale.

Thrill Seeker

A Wall-E attraction like helping Wall-E and Eve search for the plant would be cool. A Monsters Inc. Ride regarding the moving doors. Or even The Incredibles attraction. They could even have a small little attraction of Cars like using bumper cars--but on a much grander scale.

Honestly I think the first place you'll find Wall-E is in The Land as a replacement for Circle of Life. That fits too well to be ignored...

Dinardo

Honestly I think the first place you'll find Wall-E is in The Land as a replacement for Circle of Life. That fits too well to be ignored...

Watch out for those who feel there should be no characters in EPCOT.

I think you may have opened a whole new can of worms!

Just kidding - I do agree Wall-E should definitely replace Circle of Life - it makes too much sense.

MarkTwain

Ideas:

An Incredibles themed dark ride, based on the pods from Nomanisan Island, where you witness high-action scenes as the Incredibles combat Syndrome and his robots.

Not a huge fan of the Monster's Inc coaster idea, really... I guess I think DHS doesn't need another thrill ride. But I think If the Laugh Floor were moved out of Tomorrowland and instead moved into a back-alley comedy club in Pixar Place instead, that would be great.

Either the "Gusteau's" or "Ratatouille" restaurant, with the current Remy AA at Chefs de France relocated here, while you could see other AA rats working around the restaurant.

That Up ride mentioned earlier sounded pretty cool, as do the Cars bumper cars.

And if they added a sort of Fantasyland-style Meet and Greet centered around Wall-E, where you explored the halls of the Axiom helping Eve look for the plant, that would be a nice addition to balance the land out. Then it could end with you meeting the famous Wall-E AA in a stationary exhibit (like at the D23 Expo), which isn't able to roam the parks because of liability issues.

RoRo

I would like Up to become an attraction, that was an amazing movie. I would want more than a Peter Pan/E.T. Adventure type of thing from Up.

Master Gracey 5

Original Poster
I would like Up to become an attraction, that was an amazing movie. I would want more than a Peter Pan/E.T. Adventure type of thing from Up.

Thats why I think they could do great things with the Soarin ride system. Can you imagine swooping down through the clouds to see the valley of Paradise Falls below? Dodging rocks with Kevin running in front of you? Jumping out off the Falls themselves? It would be fantastic!

I think some sort of dark ride concept like MarkTwain has said for the Incredibles would work better as a ride for all ages. I'd be happy for a Ratatouille restaurant as well to increase table service options in DHS.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'd love to see a motion simulator (I generally prefer dark rides, but this would have to be updated regularly) that takes you though all of the Pixar movies (a little like PhilharMagic, I suppose). The MAJOR problem with this is that there's no way they'd update it as often as necissary.

ms7479a

I would like to see the Nemo Submarines from Disneyland (and get rid of The Seas with Nemo and Friends ride at Epcot). Also, move Monster Inc. Laugh Floor to Pixar Place. A Ratatouille restaurant would also be pretty cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom