Pixar Place Questions

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Considering that Pixar Place, at the moment, is fairly shorthanded when it comes to attractions how exactly does it plan to expand.

Are there any plans at the moment for an additional attraction if it does become feasible?

Also, where exactly can they expand the area into? There doesn't look to be enough room and I can only guess that they would have to move into the Backlot area.

SeaCastle

The following information has been corroborated by multiple insiders across Disney fansites:

The Monsters Inc. roller coaster is ready to go, save for funding. It's preshow and queue would be located in the Soundstage 1 adjacent to Toy Story Mania (on the other side of the "Monstropolis" bridge). That area would get made over into a sort of "Monstropolis" city. Backstage services like the prop shop and costuming would be relocated into a new building, probably behind the Catastrophe Canyon, and other infrastructure would be modified or relocated to fit the show/ride building behind Soundstage 1. (For example, making the World Drive offramp the LMA practice area, if I remember correctly.)

There is/was a proposal for a sort of Radiator Springs Racers to come to Pixar Place and would require the removal of the Backlot area, though perhaps retaining the Catastrophe Canyon. Studios Catering Co. would also get rethemed unless I'm mistaken.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Considering that Pixar Place, at the moment, is fairly shorthanded when it comes to attractions how exactly does it plan to expand.

Are there any plans at the moment for an additional attraction if it does become feasible?

Also, where exactly can they expand the area into? There doesn't look to be enough room and I can only guess that they would have to move into the Backlot area.

There are probably lots of plans, ready to go! It's just a matter of TDO not wanting to spend the moula!!

I hope so! I would LOVE the Monsters Inc. Coaster. They could tear down the BLT and expand even further. I really don't care for a RSR here though. I never really liked Cars, so I could go without the RSR.

The following information has been corroborated by multiple insiders across Disney fansites:

The Monsters Inc. roller coaster is ready to go, save for funding. It's preshow and queue would be located in the Soundstage 1 adjacent to Toy Story Mania (on the other side of the "Monstropolis" bridge). That area would get made over into a sort of "Monstropolis" city. Backstage services like the prop shop and costuming would be relocated into a new building, probably behind the Catastrophe Canyon, and other infrastructure would be modified or relocated to fit the show/ride building behind Soundstage 1. (For example, making the World Drive offramp the LMA practice area, if I remember correctly.)

There is/was a proposal for a sort of Radiator Springs Racers to come to Pixar Place and would require the removal of the Backlot area, though perhaps retaining the Catastrophe Canyon. Studios Catering Co. would also get rethemed unless I'm mistaken.

You forgot one thing. The HISTK Play Area would receive "a bug's life" makeover.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
There are probably lots of plans, ready to go! It's just a matter of TDO not wanting to spend the moula!!

Yeah, it's a real shame that they are being this tight with money. Is it possible that change in management could affect this?

You forgot one thing. The HISTK Play Area would receive "a bug's life" makeover.

I heard about this. If it's in the style of DCA's Bug's Land, I'm all for it.

Ok, now I get it. Thanks.

I'm guessing the tour, pending if it does get removed, will have it's route changed or altered?

Malvito

Yeah, it's a real shame that they are being this tight with money. Is it possible that change in management could affect this?

A lot would depend on how much money was actually available (given the expansive nature of the organization as a whole), and how it was allocated.

Unfortunately, part of the "magic" of the Magic Kingdom does not include money growing on trees.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
A lot would depend on how much money was actually available (given the expansive nature of the organization as a whole), and how it was allocated.

Unfortunately, part of the "magic" of the Magic Kingdom does not include money growing on trees.

True, but when you look back at the attention WDW received in the 90's it really is sad.

Malvito

True, but when you look back at the attention WDW received in the 90's it really is sad.

Maybe, but we are not in the 90's, and the economic downturn hit everyone.

It is easy to look at the money being brought in by the Disney organization and think that there should be plenty to go around, but there is a lot more for it to have to go around to.

boufa

DHS has received numerous upgrades in the past few years and sure it could use more. However, Monsters Inc, is an increasingly aging movie. Animal Kingdom could use much more help than DHS.

Looking at it from a developmental point of view, AK would be next. They have gotten DHS to a solid 1 day park. If they add much more it will be come a day and a half park. Not sure if that is what the goal is or not. Once it crosses to over 1 day, it starts to take away from the other parks, and that represents guest money moving, not growing.

Expanding AK to more of a full day park would make it a viable alternative to spending a day offsite. That would create growth, not just moving the same money around the property.

Don't like this type of analysis of the "magic" well, that is the kind of thing that TDO does when it makes decisions. Not "Guest will think it is neat if we did this" It may be a artificially created fantasy world for us, but it operates in the real world of big business.

Malvito

DHS has received numerous upgrades in the past few years and sure it could use more. However, Monsters Inc, is an increasingly aging movie.

Not sure if I understand the logic behind that one. All of the movies are increasingly aging; it's a matter of whether or not they are increasingly popular. Monsters, Inc. must be showing some pretty good legs if a ride is being planned around it.

RSoxNo1

While I won't post the link across multiple threads, we discussed this on this week's podcast. Part of the problem with this area is that it wasn't originally designed to be an area where guests would walk. Adding another major attraction in this area, even if it's around the corner would result in huge congestion that the area can't handle. It's different than Sunset Boulevard in that there's more space to work with in that area.

One easy change I would like to see is a temporary rope queue set up for TSMM Fastpasses every morning in the area to the right of the Fastpass location. It may require moving the Fastpass machines, but if guests can get in one line, and it's out of the way of the rest of the traffic on that street it would be incredibly helpful. It's not difficult to put up temporary ropes - it's done daily for parades. Just set them up for the first hour+ that the park is open and it will help ease congestion.

Epcot_Imagineer

After that train-wreck of a movie called Cars 2, they should definately replace the Backlot tour with something better.

Malvito

Actually, CARS 2, which is a great deal of fun and definitely worth seeing, would make for an interesting attraction, especially with its world-wide theme. It would be a fun way for a Pixer-themed area to have a James Bond-styled adventure ride without having to deal with the legalities inherent in trying to get the rights to Bond.

NoChesterHester

After that train-wreck of a movie called Cars 2, they should definately replace the Backlot tour with something better.

Actually, CARS 2, which is a great deal of fun and definitely worth seeing, would make for an interesting attraction, especially with its world-wide theme. It would be a fun way for a Pixer-themed area to have a James Bond-styled adventure ride without having to deal with the legalities inherent in trying to get the rights to Bond.

Both opinions... I tend to agree with the first, Cars 2 is not the same quality of story that we have come to expect from Pixar.

I have a strong belief however that the ultimate success of an attraction is not dependent on the commercial success of the movie on which it is based. From most accounts RSR and Carsland at DCA would be a stellar addition to Hollywood Studios.

I would love to see us get something unique and keep RSR exclusive to California.

Malvito

Both opinions... I tend to agree with the first, Cars 2 is not the same quality of story that we have come to expect from Pixar.

I have a strong belief however that the ultimate success of an attraction is not dependent on the commercial success of the movie on which it is based. From most accounts RSR and Carsland at DCA would be a stellar addition to Hollywood Studios.

I would love to see us get something unique and keep RSR exclusive to California.

Obviously, I don't agree with your first statement ... "different" is not necessarily synonymous with either "better" or "worse." I do agree with your second statement, though I understand that CARS 2 had a very good opening weekend, so time will tell if questions about commercial success are even relevent.

As to your third statement, I am intrigued; did you have something generally in mind, or a particular movie that you would like to see highlighted?

it still amazes me that people didn't like Cars 2. No, it's not all about Lightning McQueen this time, but it's still an amazing movie with all the action and humor! We've already seen it twice and have tickets to see it a third time! :)

Both my kids have said it is the best movie they have ever seen and can't wait to see it again!

Oh well, everyone has their own opinion...and this was mine!

boufa

Not sure if I understand the logic behind that one. All of the movies are increasingly aging; it's a matter of whether or not they are increasingly popular. Monsters, Inc. must be showing some pretty good legs if a ride is being planned around it.

Don't confuse "was planned" vs. "IS planned" Not sure where the planning stages are for this ride. It might be out of date at this point (this is an old rumor). There are more movies to draw from in the Pixar line up. I would be interested to see much of the world that Pixar has created developed into theme park material.

I am also not a fan of a roller coaster telling a movie type story. First it would have to be a pretty bare bones story due to how fast you move through the ride. Second it would have to be a fairly wimpy coaster in order to appeal to the vast majority of the monsters inc. crowd. What they need is more along the lines of the concept of the toy story ride. It has a very broad appeal to both young and old.

CaptainShortty

DHS has received numerous upgrades in the past few years and sure it could use more. However, Monsters Inc, is an increasingly aging movie..

I would have to disagree with you about this. With Monsters University (Monsters Inc. 2) opening in 2013 I think a Monster's Inc. themed attraction/land would be great from a promotional standpoint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom