Pixar Place Meet and Greet Confirmed!!!

tslrocks

Original Poster
In the Vacation Planning Kit on the map it says Pixar Place-Meet and Greet-Summer 2008! Also you know how that other arch is on the other side of TSM? Does that mean that they will not expand Pixar Place?

jt04

In the Vacation Planning Kit on the map it says Pixar Place-Meet and Greet-Summer 2008! Also you know how that other arch is on the other side of TSM? Does that mean that they will not expand Pixar Place?

I think it indicates they will expand Pixar's footprint as that thing is a truss bridge

WDWRocks08

I for one hope that there will be more put into pixar place. One ride even if it is TSM does not make an area of a park. I think there is great potential in a Ratatouille Dinner Restraunt and show that retells ratatouille through the eyes of the customer... anyone else see the potential?

Disneykidder

Definately, if they want to call it a "place", then they have to have more than just one ride. That's like having one ride in Fantasyland. I'd love to see it buillt up with Ratatouille, Monsters Inc., and Cars. Really make it seem like Pixar.:)

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I for one hope that there will be more put into pixar place. One ride even if it is TSM does not make an area of a park. I think there is great potential in a Ratatouille Dinner Restraunt and show that retells ratatouille through the eyes of the customer... anyone else see the potential?

That's a great idea, seems like a no-brainer for Disney, but who knows.

jt04

Yes and now that you mention it the new arch looks very Parisian in style. Hmmm.:D

Yes and now that you mention it the new arch looks very Parisian in style. Hmmm.:D
It actually does a little. Maybe that is in replacement of the Eiffel Tower over at Epcot. That idea about a themed Ratatouille dinner experience would be great, and Disney could get a lot of money out of it. My question is what the theming of the area is going to be. I understand that everything will be Pixar related, but Toy Story and Ratatouille are completely different (mostly architectural). A French restaurant isn't going to look great next to a Toy Story barn. So I'm wondering what the facades will look like (filming studios maybe) so that they'll be able to have wildly varying things but still have it look nice.

fizzle75

I think a Ratatouille themed restaurant is a brilliant idea. DHS definitely needs a new table service restaurant and Ratatouille is tailor made to be tied into a restaurant theme IMHO.

Yes and what exactly is the Cinema type thing to the left of it. I've went blank and can't remember what use to be there, or why it's still there during all the Pixar change...

jt04

It actually does a little. Maybe that is in replacement of the Eiffel Tower over at Epcot. That idea about a themed Ratatouille dinner experience would be great, and Disney could get a lot of money out of it. My question is what the theming of the area is going to be. I understand that everything will be Pixar related, but Toy Story and Ratatouille are completely different (mostly architectural). A French restaurant isn't going to look great next to a Toy Story barn. So I'm wondering what the facades will look like (filming studios maybe) so that they'll be able to have wildly varying things but still have it look nice.

That arch could be a transition to a differently themed area. So as you pass under it you would find Paris architecture. This fits perfectly with the rumor of a Ratatouille spinning coaster in the building next to Toy Story Mania with it's entrance on the south side of the building, and a Ratatouille TS restaurant would be icing on the cake (sorry).

PintoColvig

I too think a Ratatouille restaurant would be great but it doesn't have to feature French architecture. Instead, they could have it themed as a mouse hole with everything oversized (i.e. giant empty spools of thread as tables). You could actually enter the restaurant from Pixar Place through a giant mouse hole. I would make it a character meal with a show kitchen that Remy appears to be cooking in.

WaltsApprentice

That arch could be a transition to a differently themed area. So as you pass under it you would find Paris architecture. This fits perfectly with the rumor of a Ratatouille spinning coaster in the building next to Toy Story Mania and a Ratatouille TS restaurant would be icing on the cake (sorry).

What I'm wondering...is if they are going to get rid of or Move Pizza Planet?? I think they should go with the orginal plan of making the area with Muppets 3-D is...into Muppets Studios! And Pizza Planet was suppose to be Swedish chief Restaurant, I hope they do this! I would love to see that area really change more into that theme! :D Has anyone listen to there recent Holiday CD...it sounds like your listening to a show...they could use those songs or at least the best ones for a Holiday 3D show!! I think it would be soo cool!...Give you something nice to see...okay sorry i digress!

jt04

What I'm wondering...is if they are going to get rid of or Move Pizza Planet?? I think they should go with the orginal plan of making the area with Muppets 3-D is...into Muppets Studios! And Pizza Planet was suppose to be Swedish chief Restaurant, I hope they do this! I would love to see that area really change more into that theme! :D Has anyone listen to there recent Holiday CD...it sounds like your listening to a show...they could use those songs or at least the best ones for a Holiday 3D show!! I think it would be soo cool!...Give you something nice to see...okay sorry i digress!

Hopefully with Pixar Place they will remove all the Pixar stuff from the Muppet area. I really like the idea of the Muppet restaurant too. I read a description of the concept by Jim Hill and it would be very popular. Encouraging signs at DHS!

WaltsApprentice

Hopefully with Pixar Place they will remove all the Pixar stuff from the Muppet area. I really like the idea of the Muppet restaurant too. I read a description of the concept by Jim Hill and it would be very popular. Encouraging signs at DHS!

Ya, it was actually an orginal design...but it didn't go through after the death of Jim Henson. :( That I know is one of the only few things that Jim Hill reported properly on. I remember seeing it oringally in an Eyes and Ears or Studio 24 (cast member tv news for DHS, i think that is what is its called) they talked about it during the anniversary of Muppets...

drew81

I wonder if Pixar Place will be the only place to see the Pixar characters on WDW property. Are Buzz, Woody and Jessie still going to be allowed to be at Magic Kingdom? Is Flik still going to be at AK? Anyone heard?

joanna71985

I wonder if Pixar Place will be the only place to see the Pixar characters on WDW property. Are Buzz, Woody and Jessie still going to be allowed to be at Magic Kingdom? Is Flik still going to be at AK? Anyone heard?

Well, Buzz and Woody meet at MGM, but there still is the show in Frontierland. I doubt the show will go away.

drew81

Well, Buzz and Woody meet at MGM, but there still is the show in Frontierland. I doubt the show will go away.

I'm mainly talking about meet n greets. I wouldn't think they would take them out of the parks and only have them at Studios? I don't know...I'll guess we'll have to wait and see.

jt04

I'm mainly talking about meet n greets. I wouldn't think they would take them out of the parks and only have them at Studios? I don't know...I'll guess we'll have to wait and see.

Pixar is too important to not have a significant presence in every park including meet n greets

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom