Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

BubbaQuest

I assumed it was a Kingdom Hearts Moogle, but even that doesn't look quite right.

Happyrebster

I think this looks great! I like having a covered, shady spot to wait for the tram. One with warm lighting, cool chandeliers and fun art. It’s quite an improvement! And kind of calming. I think that the addition of all of the greenery on the plaza will also be lovely. I’m glad that in this location and at the Epcot main entrance they are choosing less concrete and more trees. It will be far cooler and more relaxed in the summer.

Last edited:

BrianLo

It's been such a long time coming, but it's nice to finally see the parks building proper permanent security screening areas. I remember when the last round of tents went up a few years ago Micechat proudly declared something more permanent was happening that time.

DHS is following suit, Epcot just started and even Tokyo is getting a new gate.

The domestic parks truly have a bit of a godawful arrival experience (Hong Kong pretty much has the only great one).

TP2000

It's been such a long time coming, but it's nice to finally see the parks building proper permanent security screening areas. I remember when the last round of tents went up a few years ago Micechat proudly declared something more permanent was happening that time.

DHS is following suit, Epcot just started and even Tokyo is getting a new gate.

The domestic parks truly have a bit of a godawful arrival experience (Hong Kong pretty much has the only great one).

I remember going to Tokyo Disneyland in 2005, my first visit to Tokyo after the 9/11 attacks, and even back then Tokyo had a permanent, polished and gracious arrival experience infrastructure built so they could check bags in front of both parks.

It was memorably different in 2005 from what Anaheim was doing with tacky tents and folding tables, and Anaheim was in the country that was actually attacked and Japan was not.

That the Anaheim parks have allowed these tacky tents to exist for almost two decades after 9/11 is inexcusable.

Phroobar

The old parking deck was crap. You can still see the way they originally marked all the stalls the wrong way.

I've always been impressed with the look of the new parking structures at Universal. They feel crisp and clean and have those cool metal backlite pictures on them. Maybe it's because the place is painted white while M&F was never painted.

shortstop

The old parking deck was crap. You can still see the way they originally marked all the stalls the wrong way.

I've always been impressed with the look of the new parking structures at Universal. They feel crisp and clean and have those cool metal backlite pictures on them. Maybe it's because the place is painted white while M&F was never painted.
Except I’ve always found the parking garage at Uni Hollywood to be confusing.

Phroobar

Except I’ve always found the parking garage at Uni Hollywood to be confusing.
This is true. I once followed their directions to the handicap parking (just outside of main security gates) and ended up back on the city streets. I had to show them my parking ticket to get back in.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Interesting thing is that for about 1/3 of the spots in Pixar Pals, it will be just as fast, or faster, to use the Mickey and Friends escalators. The crowds aren’t going to be distributed evenly between the two sets of escalators at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom