Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

shortstop

Don't remember seeing this on the concept art anywhere...

D9hAQ7dUwAAhQDr.jpg
Sigh... as if there aren’t enough Pixar balls in Pixar Pier.

DLR>WDW

Any chance Pixar Pals partially opens tomorrow? I know people have been talking about the structure fully opening, adding the 6,500 more cars, but that seems unrealistic considering that they’re going to have to funnel all the foot traffic to the one set of escalators/elevators on Pixar Pals due to the construction on the opposite side of the plaza between the structures. However, I could be wrong as access to the restrooms may be needed, but it’s still a tight squeez nonetheless. Is adding that many guests to such a small plaza area reasonable?

DLR>WDW

Hold up— I spoke to soon. New screening and boarding area is now open. Both sets of escalators will remain open, with the Mickey and Friends set being funneled through a walkway that leads to the new, completed plaza area. As I said, very reminiscent of Virgin America in there.

Looks slick!

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It looks like based on the digital signs saying "Exit Only" that until they get the rest of the plaza finished they will be dropping guests back off at the same place they are picking them up.

I'm sure we will get confirmations on that later today when people start taking the trams back to the parking structure.

BrianLo

It looks like based on the digital signs saying "Exit Only" that until they get the rest of the plaza finished they will be dropping guests back off at the same place they are picking them up.

I'm sure we will get confirmations on that later today when people start taking the trams back to the parking structure.

I think the ultimate endpoint is actually for the trams to offload roughly where they do now.

Easier for guests to figure out which set of escalators they need to head to by being outside.

DLR>WDW

New unload is open, however it’s only 1 slot. So during peak times (after fireworks, park close), they’ll use some of the loading spots under the structure to unload guests, much like what they were doing previously.

Ismael Flores

Opening the gate at a later time doesn't mitigate any of the concerns over merch and food sales or increasing interest in DCA that @Darkbeer1 mentioned.

Disney WANTS people to have to pass through their shops and dining places as they enter and exit the parks. If Disney wanted guests to just have the shortest, most convenient trip back to their cars, don't you think they'd have designed it that way?
i really don't think they are very concerned anymore about merchandise sales. If they did then they wouldn't have built the bypass and force people thru it.

ProjectXBlog

yeah, they dropped us off back inside of the new load area and we went through an exit next to the entrance metal detectors

DLR>WDW

Pixar Pals opens tomorrow and oh man.. they better keep it fully staffed. Over 6500 extra guests (probably closer to 15-20k considering the amount of guests per car) will not be kind if they keep the current amount of screening lines open. Hope it’s not a sh** show tomorrow. :hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom