Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Old Mouseketeer

I don’t work at the resort, but I can promise you not everyone gets this per diem. It’s actually been a very sore spot for cast members how they have to park so far away and receive nothing.

If I ever said "everyone", I was wrong. I meant the people I have heard about this from and as I'm told it's part of the Master Services Contract that's probably a majority of resort employees. This may not be one of the things that gets extended to non-union employees. And as someone said, $3 is not a lot.

RescueTheDay

If I ever said "everyone", I was wrong. I meant the people I have heard about this from and as I'm told it's part of the Master Services Contract that's probably a majority of resort employees. This may not be one of the things that gets extended to non-union employees. And as someone said, $3 is not a lot.

Master Services covers a little under a 3rd of the cast, but I can see where our wires got crossed. No hard feelings.

dlr74

Pedestrian bridge installation happening soon:

Old Mouseketeer

Someone told me they drove down Magic Way and there is definitely a parking entrance being finished at the traffic light across from the entrance to what used to be Downtown Disney parking. They also said there's a multi-lane exit road against the fence that parallels Walnut St. with a curved break in the island that would direct exiting traffic Eastbound on Magic Way. They thought this would necessitate APD Officers to direct traffic, since there is no light (it's literally 20 feet from the Walnut intersection).

It's sounding like they really could be just a couple of weeks from completion (i.e., when SW:GE reservations end).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Someone told me they drove down Magic Way and there is definitely a parking entrance being finished at the traffic light across from the entrance to what used to be Downtown Disney parking. They also said there's a multi-lane exit road against the fence that parallels Walnut St. with a curved break in the island that would direct exiting traffic Eastbound on Magic Way. They thought this would necessitate APD Officers to direct traffic, since there is no light (it's literally 20 feet from the Walnut intersection).

It's sounding like they really could be just a couple of weeks from completion (i.e., when SW:GE reservations end).
I assume we'll hear in a couple weeks, right before the structure actually opens, how they will do entrance into and exits out of the new structure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom