Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
Couple things wrong with that:

1. All three escalators aren't going to be just to one side and too close together they wouldn't fit, go back and look at the concept art they are spread across the entire tower.
2. The elevators placement you have is outside the tram path, so guests using the elevator would have to cross the tram path.
3. The existing security is setup temporary for a reason.

Here is a drawing I found on the internet that someone did that shows a simple tram path going inside Cleo:

View attachment 313066
No offense but unless that artist has any actual insider knowledge, his theory is as good as mine.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What concept art are you looking at?

Because to me, this sure looks like all escalators are on one side...

Cleo_Parking_for_Web_2_t670.jpg

Sorry if you misunderstood what I meant by one side.

Your drawing shows all three escalators all bunched up.

Here is a larger picture of the concept art:

DbUo4iWVAAAIUAn.jpg

See how the top most escalator basically is up against Cleo. And the other two are fairly equal distance across this side of the Escalator Tower. Where is the tram suppose to go if all three are spread out across this side of the Tower?

Also your elevator placement would be about where that top escalator would be going.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster

DbUo4iWVAAAIUAn.jpg

See how the top most escalator basically is up against Cleo. And the other two are fairly equal distance across this side of the Escalator Tower. Where is the tram suppose to go if all three are spread out across this side of the Tower?

Also your elevator placement would be about where that top escalator would be going.
...yeah, and the first concept art for the Cantina showed a giant aquarium...point is, concept art is just that. Not final rendered.

Also, I'm sorry dude, but I don't know how you look at this...
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 12.56.51 PM.png

...and don't see 3 escalators "bunched up"

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
Never said they had inside knowledge, but you wanted to see where the "mythical Cleo loading zone" I was referring to would be going. So I was just providing a picture showing it.
I don't know...if they were planning to make all future tram loading/security inside the bottom level of Cleo, I feel like they would have designed it differently. But that's just me.

mickEblu

So it looks like there are 3 escalators coming down from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor of Cleo. How are the people from the 4th, 5th and 6th floors getting down?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
oh my god I did it in 3 seconds...forgive me for not taking accurate spatial awareness into play. lol. And I've been accused of overthinking this...:rolleyes:

Well we are talking about specifics here, so a more accurate picture would be useful.

If we represent correctly based on your thoughts, how do the escalators, elevators, and tram path all fit?

Can you provide a more accurate drawing?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well for one, I wouldn't waste a whole chunk of my bottom level of parking for it. I'd have designed the structure with a more accommodating area.

Do we know for a fact that the bottom level will be for parking? Or is that another assumption on our parts?

Plus how different is that than M&F? Its a whole wasted area...

WEDwaydatamover

Thank you Hatbox,
I assumed that Cleo was that but why such obscure lot/ structure names? More here at WDW than DL. It used to be the fab 5 minus Mickey, plus Chip and Dale and 7 Dwarves.

Now anything goes, especially with the heros and villains parking.

If it's confusing now I can't imagine the future with Marvel and other IP.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, seeing as its a parking structure...I'd have to assume they wanted the bottom level for parking. And again, if not, then they could have designed it differently.

How many spaces are going to actually be lost by having loading in Cleo vs how many can get regained in M&F by moving it from there?

Also isn't most of the bottom of these lots for handicap and EV vehicles? I'd assume you don't need a whole floor for those type of spots.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Anyways, we're getting closer and closer to find out a lot of these things we're going back and forth on.

So we'll get the answers fairly soon.....

Phroobar

DbUo4iWVAAAIUAn.jpg

Isn't the elevator the gray tube to the right of the tallest escalator?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom