Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Ismael Flores

One off the wall theory is that they could build a set of down ramps in the space between the two garages accessed from the north west bridge that connects the two garages together

It could then be used by cars from both garages.
Just thinking maybe they are waiting to build it later in construction as right now that space is needed for construction access.
View attachment 312063

if they were going to build that i would have thought that the connecting bridge would already have the curvature turn for the down ramp. It would help speed the exit time instead of a hard right turn. The curvature would also allow for two lane merge into the down ramp.

but i think what you are suggesting can be a possibility

Phroobar

Hey this is Disney. They wouldn't screw up the parking garage like they did last time by painting the stall markings backward.

tonymu

Premium Member
Soooooo, I want to revive a topic from the previous thread. Elevators....

Now we've been under the assumption that the wide hole in the escalator tower is for the tram path. However I'm beginning to have the thoughts it might be where the elevator banks will be going. Two on each side for a total of 4 elevators, all opening inwards.

So the tram will go around the backside of the Cleo escalator tower and enter into the ground level of Cleo for loading. With the security checkpoint right as you enter the Cleo ground level for loading.

So that's might thought for the day.
I have been staring at the videos and pictures trying to figure it out too and have come to the same conclusion. At first it looked like that spot is narrow as it is a bridge but like you say it is also perfect spot for elevators. The more I look at it and thinking that that the loading area will be under the parking structure instead of in front of it the more it makes sense that the trams will be making a wider turn around the circular escalator "tower" past the "bridge"and turning under the garage in a straight line with the loading area. If they turned under the "bridge" like I had always thought I think they would they will have to then turn again to get under the garage for loading.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I have been staring at the videos and pictures trying to figure it out too and have come to the same conclusion. At first it looked like that spot is narrow as it is a bridge but like you say it is also perfect spot for elevators. The more I look at it and thinking that that the loading area will be under the parking structure instead of in front of it the more it makes sense that the trams will be making a wider turn around the circular escalator "tower" past the "bridge"and turning under the garage in a straight line with the loading area. If they turned under the "bridge" like I had always thought I think they would they will have to then turn again to get under the garage for loading.

Plus another thing to think about, that is a tight turn to get under that “bridge”. I don’t know if the trams can make that tight of a turning radius.

So that is why I’m thinking it’s for the elevators.

Phroobar

Plus another thing to think about, that is a tight turn to get under that “bridge”. I don’t know if the trams can make that tight of a turning radius.

So that is why I’m thinking it’s for the elevators.
I totally agree. There is no way trams would do that. It doesn't make sense and they are too long to make the turn.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Where are Cleo's elevators?!?!?!

Words are cool and all, but this is a discussion that could really
use some visuals. Show your work!

So the yellow is the tram path, which will go around the back and enter Cleo after this tower. Red is where I believe the elevators will be going, with a line split down the middle to show two shafts. And with an equal cutout on the backside (Magic Way side) there will be another two elevators, for a total of four. They will open to the inside and shuffle out and merge into the security lines about where that crane is on the right side of the picture.
elevators.png

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
So the yellow is the tram path, which will go around the back and enter Cleo after this tower. Red is where I believe the elevators will be going, with a line split down the middle to show two shafts. And with an equal cutout on the backside (Magic Way side) there will be another two elevators, for a total of four. They will open to the inside and shuffle out and merge into the security lines about where that crane is on the right side of the picture.
View attachment 313051
Interesting. I'd always envisioned the elevators to be directly to the right of that where the arrow is. It seems purpose built for an elevator shaft since there's nothing really like it anywhere else on the structure. I think the tram will go where your elevators go. The trams are definitely engineered to make that turn as evidenced by this screenshot.

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 11.45.23 AM.png

But let's assume you're right. In that case, where else would the trams go?

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Interesting. I'd always envisioned the elevators to be directly to the right of that where the arrow is. It seems purpose built for an elevator shaft since there's nothing really like it anywhere else on the structure. I think the tram will go where your elevators go. The trams can definitely make that turn.

But let's assume you're right. In that case, where else would the trams go?

Pass the Escalator Tower, and turn right into Cleo and go straight to where the loading area will be situated.

Because if it turns where the red is under that "bridge", as people have been calling it, then loading would have to be outside Cleo. Which I don't think makes sense as there isn't enough space for security screening and loading. Because otherwise it would have to make an immediate left turn to get into Cleo and then an immediate right turn for loading. There is no way the trams can make those tight turns.

Unless of course the trams go completely around Cleo and enter M&F, but that makes even less sense at this point.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
Pass the Escalator Tower, and turn right into Cleo and go straight to where the loading area will be situated.

Because if it turns where the red is under that "bridge", as people have been calling it, then loading would have to be outside Cleo. Which I don't think makes sense as there isn't enough space for security screening and loading. Because otherwise it would have to make an immediate left turn to get into Cleo and then an immediate right turn for loading. There is no way the trams can make those tight turns.

Unless of course the trams go completely around Cleo and enter M&F, but that makes even less sense at this point.
You're completely losing me on where all these "tight turns" are going to be. (again, this is better as a visual conversation). Also, until recent construction forced it inside, security AND loading has always been outside the parking structures. Unless you believe M&F will keep its loading permanently back inside the structure and Cleo will follow suit. Then I feel like you'd need to connect the tram route between the two structures.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
Actually no, I think we're over thinking this. Why wouldn't it make sense for everyone coming down from Cleo to just join the existing security queue that goes into M&F? Yes, it 'll be wicked long from here on out, but I just can't foresee there being a separate security/loading/unloading from inside Cleo. They'll have to basically double the stations in M&F and possibly look into dual loading zones (like at DTD) but I think it'll all be essentially where it is now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Actually no, I think we're over thinking this. Why wouldn't it make sense for everyone coming down from Cleo to just join the existing security queue that goes into M&F? Yes, it 'll be wicked long from here on out, but I just can't foresee there being a separate security/loading/unloading from inside Cleo. They'll have to basically double the stations in M&F and possibly look into dual loading zones (like at DTD) but I think it'll all be essentially where it is now.

I was typing up something when you posted this.

Actually I think you're overthinking this. Why would M&F security screening or even tram stop still be in operation? Which is the reason why they haven't made a permanent screening area inside M&Fs.

It easier to just have a single security screening after you come down the escalators. And then walk right into Cleo for loading.

WEDwaydatamover

Hey,
I'm an eastcoaster and love DL and try to stay on top of things.

Can someone please tell me what Cleo parking structure is?

I thought Mickey and friends was a poor enough title.

We have it worse here in Florida now.

We have obscure hero' and villains parking.

Nothing more magical than being parked in Scar or Pumba. Ugh. Sorry...

Just venting.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Actually I think you're overthinking this. Why would M&F security screening or even tram stop still be in operation? Which is the reason why they haven't made a permanent screening area inside M&Fs.

It easier to just have a single security screening after you come down the escalators. And then walk right into Cleo for loading.

And to add to this, the guests from the Cleo escalators would have to walk across the tram path to join the existing security screening.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hey,
I'm an eastcoaster and love DL and try to stay on top of things.

Can someone please tell me what Cleo parking structure is?

I thought Mickey and friends was a poor enough title.

We have it worse here in Florida now.

We have obscure hero' and villains parking.

Nothing more magical than being parked in Scar or Pumba. Ugh. Sorry...

Just venting.

Cleo is the current project name for the new parking structure being built on the former Pinocchio surface lot next to the existing Mickey and Friend parking structure.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster

Where is this mythical Cleo loading zone you keep referring to? Keeping security and loading inside M&F-only makes WAY more sense. Yes, it would mean lines will get longer, but in your theory they'll just get rid of both things inside M&F? You really think they can have security in that one area where all the escalators converge? You're having a laugh.

excuse the crudeness of my hastily drawn mock-up.

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 12.22.32 PM.jpg

Red dots: Current and future Tram route (including unloading zone)
Blue lines: Convergence area between structures
Green lines: Continuation of the existing security queue
Black lines: Cleo escalators
White line: Tram tunnel through Cleo
Yellow line: Cleo elevators

Perhaps only Cleo elevator guests would have to cross the path. But, come on, its not like trams are flowing by at a constant that would make this an impossibility.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Where is this mythical Cleo loading zone you keep referring to? Keeping security and loading inside M&F only makes WAY more sense. Yes, it would mean lines will get longer, but in your theory they'll just get rid of both things inside M&F? You really think they can have security in that one area where all the escalators converge? You're having a laugh.

excuse the crudeness of my hastily drawn mock-up.

View attachment 313065

Red dots: Current and future Tram route (including unloading zone)
Blue lines: Convergence area between structures
Green lines: Continuation of the existing security queue
Black lines: Cleo escalators
White line: Tram tunnel through Cleo
Yellow: Cleo elevators

Couple things wrong with that:

1. All three escalators aren't going to be just to one side and too close together they wouldn't fit, go back and look at the concept art they are spread across the entire tower.
2. The elevators placement you have is outside the tram path, so guests using the elevator would have to cross the tram path.
3. The existing security is setup temporary for a reason.

Here is a drawing I found on the internet that someone did that shows a simple tram path going inside Cleo:

cleo.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom