Pixar Inside Out 2015

Sped2424

I don't think I've felt so sad for an imaginary friend as I did for Bing Bong :cry:

bingbong.png
WHO'S YOUR FRIEND THAT LIKES TO PLAY? HIS ROCKET MAKES YOU YELL HOORAY BINGBONG :cry::cry::cry:

Jahona

prberk

Sadly it's not about them not believing in their films, they just don't wanna add anymore characters especially if they prove to be popular onto the meet and greet list. From what was said they literally just didn't want another baymax/elsa issue. Where the character proves to be popular after the studios initial funding for the greet, meaning the parks budget has to absorb and add em. Knowing this movie everyone is going to want to meet bing bong and the gang.

Here's a novel idea. Go back to having at least some of the characters walk around, and be more random. Much more fun, and more flexible options, that way.

With Goofy & Michael 1973.jpg

But, I forgot, no good way to make it a Fastpass+ option....

So, this option might have gone the way of my brother's bicolor pocket pants in that picture...

GrumpyFan

Here's a novel idea. Go back to having at least some of the characters walk around, and be more random. Much more fun, and more flexible options, that way.

So, this option might have gone the way of my brother's bicolor pocket pants in that picture...

I'm just guessing here, but I think one of the reasons they no longer have walk-around characters is a crowd control issue. Too many guests nowadays are just rude and unruly, and would probably refuse to wait their turn to see a character, and so you would end up with a mob scene. Also, if a character stopped to show attention to one family and not another, then you have the issue of what appears to be bias and guests would complain about the character posing with one family and not theirs. As much as I dislike lines, I really think that having set places for characters, and handlers who can control the crowds is a better solution.

But, your brother's bi-color pocket pants look really cool. It's time for those to make a comeback in the fashion world!

prberk

I'm just guessing here, but I think one of the reasons they no longer have walk-around characters is a crowd control issue. Too many guests nowadays are just rude and unruly, and would probably refuse to wait their turn to see a character, and so you would end up with a mob scene. Also, if a character stopped to show attention to one family and not another, then you have the issue of what appears to be bias and guests would complain about the character posing with one family and not theirs. As much as I dislike lines, I really think that having set places for characters, and handlers who can control the crowds is a better solution.

But, your brother's bi-color pocket pants look really cool. It's time for those to make a comeback in the fashion world!

I think I agree on the bi-color pocket pants. LOL.

By the way, who can identify where we were standing in that picture? Obviously Main Street, USA, but I am trying to figure out where. It may just be the perspective of the camera, but that building on the left seems very close to the corner building on the right. Could the building on the right be the barber shop edge, with the fire station on the left? Or somewhere else. Help me out here.

Back to topic, though, I really liked Inside/Out, even though the color scheme became a little too "Candy Crush Saga" for me. LOL. Otherwise I do think that it was the fun Pixar, with a heart, back in gear.

Launchpad McQuack

I agree with all this. Last time I was at WDW, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger were leaving their M&G by the Pooh attraction with their handlers, trying to go backstage, when a group of about a dozen or so people (mostly teenagers, but a few adults) saw them walking and swarmed on top of them trying to get picture. The handlers tried to control the situation, but it was ugly. The people were pushing by the handlers (literally pushing) and grabbing/pulling on Pooh and Tigger trying to get pictures.

Saw it tonight, was absolutely blown away. Had some very funny parts early on and then like someone said earlier in this thread, you could hear a pin-drop in the second half of it. Really good original idea done perfectly.

I saw a 10:00 showing, so there weren't an kids there, but the theatre was about 95% full, all adults, and pretty much everyone walking out seemed to be raving about it.

Sped2424

Saw it tonight, was absolutely blown away. Had some very funny parts early on and then like someone said earlier in this thread, you could hear a pin-drop in the second half of it. Really good original idea done perfectly.

I saw a 10:00 showing, so there weren't an kids there, but the theatre was about 95% full, all adults, and pretty much everyone walking out seemed to be raving about it.
A film that has good word of mouth is a film that makes great cash.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I went and saw it again today. Kept my eyes peeled for Figment in Imagination Land...but didn't see him.

Any confirmed sightings?

Also, the movie was just as good the second time, and even though I knew what was going to happen, still had a punch and I found myself laughing at *different* jokes.

Tony Perkis

Just saw it. I'm conflicted.

It is a solid film. Really cool concept. The makers create an interesting world.

But then the movie goes over the cliff, literally, and gets lost. Screeches to a halt almost. It lost most of the kids in the theater at that point.

Great voices, interesting characters, great music.

Not the best Pixar film, but not the worst either. I don't know....
Honestly, once it lost the kids' attentions is when adults got the most out of it. This is an adult film in kids clothing.

And it's absolutely brilliant. Best Pixar film in years.

Sped2424

I went and saw it again today. Kept my eyes peeled for Figment in Imagination Land...but didn't see him.

Any confirmed sightings?

Also, the movie was just as good the second time, and even though I knew what was going to happen, still had a punch and I found myself laughing at *different* jokes.
Figment is in a portrait on top of a dump in the imagination land demolition scene

englanddg

One Little Spark...

View attachment 98122

Actually, based on the color of the ground and a few other hints, I think that is from Liberty Square.

Cosmic Commando

I just connected some dots today:
At the beginning, when Sadness feels "pulled" to keep touching everything, it's because Riley is TOO happy. Joy isn't letting her be sad about the move. Sadness is having all of these involuntary urges because Riley should be at least a little sad, but Joy has pushed Sadness to the side. While I was watching it, I thought it was just a character trait that Sadness would try to muck everything up, but it dovetails nicely into the message at the end.

baloofigment14

Any confirmed sightings?

Just saw it today for the 2nd time and saw Figment!

GrumpyFan

I just connected some dots today:
At the beginning, when Sadness feels "pulled" to keep touching everything, it's because Riley is TOO happy. Joy isn't letting her be sad about the move. Sadness is having all of these involuntary urges because Riley should be at least a little sad, but Joy has pushed Sadness to the side. While I was watching it, I thought it was just a character trait that Sadness would try to muck everything up, but it dovetails nicely into the message at the end.

Very Nice!
I think the following adds to yours.

Also, Sadness was pulling old, cherished memories out, reminiscing about the past. Completely logical.

Side-note: These are very minor spoilers, and don't really give away anything. But, I'll respect the fact that some may not have seen it yet.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom