Pixar Inside Out 2015

TheOriginalTiki

I'm listening to the soundtrack for this right now and oh my GAWD the feels! It might be my all time favorite Pixar score. I was a little tired when I saw the film last night, so I definitely need to rewatch it. In all honesty it felt like a throwback to 80's era Don Bluth more than anything else to me. I appreciated all the dark atmosphere within what is at first glance a very colorful and kid friendly environment. Can't for the life of me decide between this or Mad Max: Fury Road for best film of 2015 so far. They're both complete masterpieces in totally opposite genres.

If anyone's interested, @JokersWild and I will be doing a "first impressions" video at midnight Eastern tonight. @englanddg will be joining us for a more in depth discussion later on in the week.

SJN1279

I absolutely hated Inside Out. I found the characters annoying, and a good chunk of the movie to be downright dull. I don't think I laughed once. Very disappointed.

The short beforehand, may have been one of Pixar's worst yet.

Sped2424

I absolutely hated Inside Out. I found the characters annoying, and a good chunk of the movie to be downright dull. I don't think I laughed once. Very disappointed.

The short beforehand, may have been one of Pixar's worst yet.
3700102-5387326292-DrDHp.gif

baloofigment14

I just saw Inside Out tonight and loved it! It is among the top of Pixar films in my opinion although all of them are really good. The whole concept of the emotions I thought was a great idea. I thought it had a good storyline too with a good mixture of laughs throughout. Overall it was a very good movie that everyone should see at least once!

Cosmic Commando

Snapshot-2015-05-07%2Bat%2B10_59_16%2BPM-183855433.jpg

Can we all talk about how this guy came in and stole the show? I never thought I could care for a character named Bing Bong.
Absolutely stole the show. If it were up to me, I'd keep the universe of "Inside Out" going with shorts of young Riley's adventures with Bing Bong. Heck, you coud totally have a whole TV series. If Disney still believed in their films, they'd have a Bing Bong character out for a meet 'n' greet; I think he'd make even more sense than Joy and/or Sadness. I'm looking for a not-ridiculously-marked-up Bing Bong plush online right now. :cool:

For the movie overall, I don't really have any complaints, but I wasn't head-over-heels in love with it. I really, really like it, but I'd probably put it middle of the pack of the other Pixar movies... there's just a lot of Pixar movies that I love.

I also got the most choked up at Bing Bong's death. I really like his character arc. I was pretty tired (hopefully I remember it correctly), but you can kinda see the wheels in his head turning when he says, "Oh, she's too big; she'll never fit in my sled (rocket?)." It was also refreshing to not have Bing Bong turn into a villain. It seems like sooo many movies have that "seemingly friendly side character you meet in the middle of the movie" turn out to be a bad guy... Lotso just to name one. Actually, I like that there wasn't a real villain in the whole movie. It's part of the reason I think I have Cars ranked much higher than most. It's nice to have a break from the typical hero/villain clash.

I could tell from the beginning that they were going to have to find some way to make Sadness useful, and I didn't think they were going to be able to pull it off. However, I was really impressed with the idea at the end of the film of the multi-colored memories. That was the second time I got choked up; seeing the happy/sad memory got me thinking about those bittersweet moments in my own life. It's a good metaphor for growing up, and it's interesting because it suggests that the emotions had to learn the lessons they did whether or not Sadness and Joy got "banished" to long-term memory.

DonaldDoleWhip

Saw Inside Out tonight for a second time, and aside from loving the movie in general, I've also loved seeing it in a theater full of San Franciscans. Tonight, for instance, my theater actually applauded after Anger's remark in the pizzeria. I'm thinking of heading to that pizzeria on Sunday for dinner - it has a different name, but it's a real establishment with a few locations (one of which is right next to Pixar Studios in Emeryville). ;)

Overall, I found Inside Out to be really funny yet emotionally satisfying, and it's possibly my favorite Pixar film to date.

Sped2424

Absolutely stole the show. If it were up to me, I'd keep the universe of "Inside Out" going with shorts of young Riley's adventures with Bing Bong. Heck, you coud totally have a whole TV series. If Disney still believed in their films, they'd have a Bing Bong character out for a meet 'n' greet; I think he'd make even more sense than Joy and/or Sadness. I'm looking for a not-ridiculously-marked-up Bing Bong plush online right now. :cool:

For the movie overall, I don't really have any complaints, but I wasn't head-over-heels in love with it. I really, really like it, but I'd probably put it middle of the pack of the other Pixar movies... there's just a lot of Pixar movies that I love.

I also got the most choked up at Bing Bong's death. I really like his character arc. I was pretty tired (hopefully I remember it correctly), but you can kinda see the wheels in his head turning when he says, "Oh, she's too big; she'll never fit in my sled (rocket?)." It was also refreshing to not have Bing Bong turn into a villain. It seems like sooo many movies have that "seemingly friendly side character you meet in the middle of the movie" turn out to be a bad guy... Lotso just to name one. Actually, I like that there wasn't a real villain in the whole movie. It's part of the reason I think I have Cars ranked much higher than most. It's nice to have a break from the typical hero/villain clash.

I could tell from the beginning that they were going to have to find some way to make Sadness useful, and I didn't think they were going to be able to pull it off. However, I was really impressed with the idea at the end of the film of the multi-colored memories. That was the second time I got choked up; seeing the happy/sad memory got me thinking about those bittersweet moments in my own life. It's a good metaphor for growing up, and it's interesting because it suggests that the emotions had to learn the lessons they did whether or not Sadness and Joy got "banished" to long-term memory.
Sadly it's not about them not believing in their films, they just don't wanna add anymore characters especially if they prove to be popular onto the meet and greet list. From what was said they literally just didn't want another baymax/elsa issue. Where the character proves to be popular after the studios initial funding for the greet, meaning the parks budget has to absorb and add em. Knowing this movie everyone is going to want to meet bing bong and the gang.

SJN1279

Snapshot-2015-05-07%2Bat%2B10_59_16%2BPM-183855433.jpg

Can we all talk about how this guy came in and stole the show? I never thought I could care for a character named Bing Bong.

We have to disagree on this one. He was the comic relief without the laughs. He also basically stole Mike Wozowski's line from Monster's Inc. when he was trapped with Joy down the cliff.

Shaman

Just saw it. I'm conflicted.

It is a solid film. Really cool concept. The makers create an interesting world.

But then the movie goes over the cliff, literally, and gets lost. Screeches to a halt almost. It lost most of the kids in the theater at that point.

Great voices, interesting characters, great music.

Not the best Pixar film, but not the worst either. I don't know....

Brer Panther

Haven't seen the movie yet. Probably will.

Though, am I the only one who finds Joy obnoxious? She reminds me of someone... Another character that is extremely obnoxious...

Rantasmo-WhyStraightGuysLoveMyLittlePony509.jpg

Cosmic Commando

If it can get to $83M, it will be the second biggest Pixar opening weekend, behind only Toy Story 3. It even beat Jurassic Park on Friday! Pretty darn impressive for an original movie. I don't know how the forecasts work, but I think family films do better on Sunday while action films tend to lose a little steam. Maybe there's an itty bitty chance Inside Out can beat Jurassic World, since it's already in the lead after Friday.

DonaldDoleWhip

Box Office Mojo estimates that Jurassic World won the weekend with $102 million, while Inside Out is estimated to hit $91 million.

Still, that's enough for Inside Out to have the highest opening for an original, non-sequel movie (beating Avatar's current record of $77 million)! Even if it didn't win the weekend, at least those figures are still fantastic.

I only saw the movie yesterday, but overall I liked it, and I enjoyed the message that "Lava" had.

I do have to say that I am more looking forward to "Incredibles 2", however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom