Pixar Fest is Fun, Fun, Fun! Summer 2024 Hype Thread!

Phroobar

He'd be horrified by my friend who cosplays a different character and outfit every week (along with about half the people who attend the parks these days in bounds, cosplays or... matching t-shirts!) :D
Are these Disney gangs still allowed in the park?

iu

iu

Stevek

Are these Disney gangs still allowed in the park?

iu

iu
My last 2 visits I saw a couple of people but not the hordes of people that flocked to the parks years ago. I also just happened to be at dapper day a few weeks ago with my daughter (we didn't dress up) and while there were plenty of people that were dressed in what I always thought DD was supposed to represent, there were tons, and I mean tons, of folks dressed up in any costume or cosplay thing they could think of. There was one group that was an over the top Alice, Cheshire Cat and Rabbit...and I mean absolutely comic con over the top. It really looked like DD had just become an excuse to dress as crazy as you could think up vs the original intention.

PiratesMansion

lol at people complaining guests at Disneyland are dressing too Disney (I'll take that any day over see through pants with full butt cheeks showing underneath, shirts with the F word or cleavage open to their navel - all of which I see there too) :D
Some people are just desperate for reasons to be mad.

As if there aren't enough legitimate reasons to be annoyed at Disney, people have to invent more because apparently they have nothing else that would be a better use of their time.

MarvelCharacterNerd

As if there aren't enough legitimate reasons to be annoyed at Disney, people have to invent more because apparently they have nothing else that would be a better use of their time.
I mean, I get the comments that Disneyland is like one giant cosplay event these days. I just think that's fun, not a negative. :)

Just like I enjoy seeing 2/3rds of people at the parks wearing their Loungefly bags to show their favorite films or characters. I just think there are a lot worse fashion choices and behaviors for Disneyland than fandoms. :)

Stevek

I made the original comment above. Never said anything about being mad. I think it's odd and nothing I'd ever do but it's not hurting anyone.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

I made the original comment above. Never said anything about being made. I think it's odd and nothing I'd ever do but it's not hurting anyone.
Never said you specifically did, but there was definitely some metaphorical pearl clutching earlier in the thread.

DrAlice

Happy Pixar Fest! Go get that red food coloring infused food!

Quote from Jim Morris, Pixar president:
During COVID, we trained audiences to watch our movies on Disney+........ We have a little work to unring the bell and motivate families to go to the theater and not wait a few months to see it on Disney+.”
If they really think the problem is that people are too lazy to go to the theater, then they will continue to have trouble. Sorry Jimmy, the problem is that you have done nothing but pump out mediocre films (and endless sequels!). Make something compelling and people will go see it. It really is that simple.

** For the record, I have enjoyed a number of the more recent Pixar films. However, IMO, none of them live up to the previous Pixar standard.

CaptinEO

Quote from Jim Morris, Pixar president:

If they really think the problem is that people are too lazy to go to the theater, then they will continue to have trouble. Sorry Jimmy, the problem is that you have done nothing but pump out mediocre films (and endless sequels!). Make something compelling and people will go see it. It really is that simple.

** For the record, I have enjoyed a number of the more recent Pixar films. However, IMO, none of them live up to the previous Pixar standard.
Very well stated. Plenty of movies have done incredibly well post covid. Pixar just doesn't remember how to make a product people will pay to see.

TP2000

Original Poster
Huh.

That's an really odd way to kick off your Pixar summer marketing campaign at the parks, by laying off a few hundred Pixar employees. 🤔

Maybe as part of their severance package the laid off Pixar folks will get a free ticket to Disneyland to experience Pixar Fest? They don't need to ask for vacation days any more to do that, at least.

CaptinEO

From all I've seen the food fest aspect of this is a bust. Seems like mediocre to bad reviews of the food. Even the influencers couldn't feign some sense of false enjoyment for the food items.

I made a joke above but it truly is just random foods with weird mash ups or red food coloring.

Parade seems decent at least and good to have more characters (but not sure why it's taking up a performance venue).

Sad how Hyperion, Magic Eye, and Fantasyland Theater don't have any shows these days.

Consumer

I noticed while looking at a recent Disneyland update that Main Street USA has Pixar decorations on the lampposts, but that hideous bunting was not on the buildings. I wonder, and this is what I hope, if Disney will be putting the red, white, and blue bunting along Main Street for Memorial Day. It's easily the best look for Summer at Disneyland. I know Magic Kingdom already has their bunting up as of almost a week ago so it is a little concerning Disneyland doesn't have the same yet.

Figments Friend

I noticed while looking at a recent Disneyland update that Main Street USA has Pixar decorations on the lampposts, but that hideous bunting was not on the buildings. I wonder, and this is what I hope, if Disney will be putting the red, white, and blue bunting along Main Street for Memorial Day. It's easily the best look for Summer at Disneyland. I know Magic Kingdom already has their bunting up as of almost a week ago so it is a little concerning Disneyland doesn't have the same yet.

One of my snapshots from a recent visit to WDW’s MK -

IMG_3741.jpeg

Figments Friend

Happy Pixar Fest! Go get that red food coloring infused food!

Yay Pixar Fest…!……
Not.

That has gotta hurt for those folks who were booted.
Man, talk about irony in marketing….
Bad show, Disney Marketeers.

-

TP2000

Original Poster
Yay Pixar Fest…!……
Not.

That has gotta hurt for those folks who were booted.
Man, talk about irony in marketing….
Bad show, Disney Marketeers.

-

You have to wonder what they're thinking with these marketing strategies, or if they are even thinking at all. :rolleyes:

MarvelCharacterNerd

I did feel bad for the poor DCA CM who responded to my question about what time the parade was happening with an upbeat "4:30! But if you wait there's another one at 6!" - to which I answered, "no - I'm trying to avoid it."

He looked both befuddled and crestfallen. But I was just trying to anticipate how to get through the crowds!

Parteecia

I did feel bad for the poor DCA CM who responded to my question about what time the parade was happening with an upbeat "4:30! But if you wait there's another one at 6!" - to which I answered, "no - I'm trying to avoid it."

He looked both befuddled and crestfallen. But I was just trying to anticipate how to get through the crowds!
Lol! I smile and humor them. And avoid the parades.

TP2000

Original Poster
Lol! I smile and humor them. And avoid the parades.

Me too. I'm a one and done on parades and stage shows. Regardless of scale or scope or budget.

I like to see them once, and I always clap politely for the performers, then I generally don't need to see them ever again.

I find myself clapping more enthusiastically for the high school bands beforehand. God love those kids!

Or, in the case of something like the MSEP, I only need to see it once per decade. Fantasmic! or World Of Color maybe once every two or three years. Maybe 5 years if they didn't change anything.

Brer Panther

the problem is that you have done nothing but pump out mediocre films
Objection, I went to see Lightyear and Elemental in theaters and enjoyed them. I also enjoyed Luca, Onward, Incredibles 2, Finding Dory, Coco, and Monsters University.

PIXAR is in a situation where it just can not win. When they do sequels, people complain about them doing sequels instead of original films. When they do original films, people complain about how bad they look. I guarantee you that if the first Toy Story were released today - the exact same movie - people would be talking about how bad it looked. Same goes for any of PIXAR's other pre-Toy Story 3 films.

Heck, if any of Disney's recent hits - Frozen, Zootopia, Encanto, what have you - were made by PIXAR, people probably would've been badmouthing THEM before they were released as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom