Pixar Fest Was Fun, Fun, Fun!... May It Live In Our Hearts Forever!

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
The webpage for Club Pixar has been updated to reflect the cuts and cancellations. It looks like it's now just the games and the snack bars with a background soundtrack playing. They removed any mention of a DJ, a dance party, or live performances.

Here's the new version of the Club Pixar explanation from Disneyland's website as of today...

View attachment 789877

This is obviously a sudden budget cut right as summer kicks off to cancel the nightly dance party, but it makes you wonder what they were thinking originally with the daytime stage show that also got cancelled suddenly.

It's Pixar Fest, and instead of doing a 15 minute stage show with some of your favorite Pixar characters, they hired 8 random humans to teach your children interpretative dances representing your favorite Pixar characters for 15 minutes. Huh?

Uh, TDA, how you guys doin' in there? Are you "working from home" maybe a bit too much? o_O

This entire area is just a disaster / mess. Easily the worst across both theme parks, and that's saying something after Pixar Pier became a thing.

TP2000

Original Poster
This entire area is just a disaster / mess. Easily the worst across both theme parks, and that's saying something after Pixar Pier became a thing.

It really is. And it's been that way for over 20 years now. These nightly dance parties they've held here since 2010 with Glow Fest have at least turned the area into something acceptable after sundown when its harder to see the very sterile and ugly bones of that land.

But to think that they cancelled this summer's nightly dance party themed to Pixar Fest before the summer had even really started is baffling.

I'll have to think about it more, but it appears that Pixar Fest is perhaps one of their most unsuccessful promotions in many years. I can't think of any campaign that's been this weak upon launch, and then suffered quick major cutbacks. Can you?

DrAlice

Glow Fest...... 🤣 🤣 🤣 I'd forgotten about that. Or should I say, I'd blocked that memory? Thanks for the laugh, @TP2000!

However, elecTRONica and Mad T party were really fun. I still have my Mad T party, Cheshire Cat zip-up hoodie from that one. The zipper has been broken for years, but I just can't part with it. ( I wear it as a cardigan now. haha) I have fond memories of the Alice-themed band and the crazy bouncer-like Tweedles. And who could forget the contortionist caterpillar! Good times...

Fast forward to today, when the Pixar Fest dance party doesn't even last as long as Glow Fest. That's saying something.

TP2000

Original Poster
Where did June go? It's already July! I put out all my American flags and decor today around the house and yard. 🇺🇸

What is Pixar Fest doing for the Independence Day holiday?

Or perhaps a better question, after the cancellations and cutbacks to Pixar Fest in early June, what's left?

CaptinEO

It's weird how bad the "food festivals" are. From last Chinese New Year and Festival of the Holidays there are actually good festival items in the restaurants throughout Disneyland and California Adventure.

The booths though? Overpriced, undersized, and badly prepared. Guess this event is a bust as people finally stopped flooding to the festival booths for their food coloring infused food.

TP2000

Original Poster
It's weird how bad the "food festivals" are. From last Chinese New Year and Festival of the Holidays there are actually good festival items in the restaurants throughout Disneyland and California Adventure.

The booths though? Overpriced, undersized, and badly prepared. Guess this event is a bust as people finally stopped flooding to the festival booths for their food coloring infused food.

You don't want whatever the heck this handful of items is?

OCR-L-PIXAR-FEST-FOOD-DISNEY-CALIFORNIA-ADVENTURE-0510-10.jpg

TP2000

Original Poster
This is like a snack someone would make for a toddler. I'm sure theres an influencer video, probably dozens of them where people are raving about this.

It's funny you say that. When I went and Googled "Pixar Fest Food Booths" in response to your post, this is one of the images I got. I'm too scared to click on the link and watch her video, and she may be a completely normal and lovely person, but when I see this photo I only see...

A young adult woman, with a Chinese-made plastic toy popcorn bucket for some reason, raving over a mass produced cupcake laden with fructose and ungodly amounts of blue food dye for Likes and Subscribes. Also, I find it hilarious how in just 15 years time the term "foodie" went from meaning a connoisseur of very good food, to someone who merely eats food regardless of quality or craftsmanship. 🤣

And don't even get me started on the fonts.

hq720.jpg

MarvelCharacterNerd

The food at the Fest booths is mostly a miss rather than hit - based both on what I tried and the lack of any lines.

However, there are some good Fest dishes at other locations that are some of the best things I've eaten at the park. But also, there's the worst thing I've ever eaten at the parks, too - run, don't walk AWAY from Award Wieners PB&J sweet potato fries.

Yeah. Horrendous.

D.Silentu

I still have my Mad T party, Cheshire Cat zip-up hoodie from that one. The zipper has been broken for years, but I just can't part with it. ( I wear it as a cardigan now. haha) I have fond memories of the Alice-themed band and the crazy bouncer-like Tweedles.
My friend still has his as well, though it's looking its age. Some years back he wore it to the park and someone offered to buy it off him on the spot! I miss those nighttime parties, but most of all live music at the parks.

truecoat

It's funny you say that. When I went and Googled "Pixar Fest Food Booths" in response to your post, this is one of the images I got. I'm too scared to click on the link and watch her video, and she may be a completely normal and lovely person, but when I see this photo I only see...

A young adult woman, with a Chinese-made plastic toy popcorn bucket for some reason, raving over a mass produced cupcake laden with fructose and ungodly amounts of blue food dye for Likes and Subscribes. Also, I find it hilarious how in just 15 years time the term "foodie" went from meaning a connoisseur of very good food, to someone who merely eats food regardless of quality or craftsmanship. 🤣

And don't even get me started on the fonts.

hq720.jpg

Their videos are pretty good. They tell you what's in the food, how much it is, and give it a rating.

TP2000

Original Poster
Gang, we've only got 4 more days to celebrate Pixar Fest! It closes permanently (and likely will never be mentioned again) this Sunday, August 4th.

Get out there and enjoy the Fest! Post your photos of gorpy overpriced food items! Take some pics of the various closed venues and failed concepts from Pixar Fest that never made it past June! Buy the merch! Consume! Purchase! Fest it Up!

IMG_8939-700x525.jpg

disneyC97

Gang, we've only got 4 more days to celebrate Pixar Fest! It closes permanently (and likely will never be mentioned again) this Sunday, August 4th.

Get out there and enjoy the Fest! Post your photos of gorpy overpriced food items! Take some pics of the various closed venues and failed concepts from Pixar Fest that never made it past June! Buy the merch! Consume! Purchase! Fest it Up!

IMG_8939-700x525.jpg
That "Schmoozies!" sign from 2001. It's amazing that's survived all the changes to this park!

TP2000

Original Poster
That "Schmoozies!" sign from 2001. It's amazing that's survived all the changes to this park!

It's so old now, and looks so dated, that it's about to become retro vintage cool. :cool:

If it can just hang on a few more years, we might even be able to get it onto the National Register of Historical Places.

And to reference the Haunted Mansion thread and its messy patio umbrella entrance, I'm so glad they plopped another giant patio umbrella right next to the order window inside the shaded niche.

Because... you just need more random patio umbrellas in your way.

Also, the random stanchions/rope line around the Club Pixar signage is equally baffling. What the heck is the purpose of the stanchions, aside from just cluttering up and ruining the aesthetics? Is there no one in charge of these parks any more who knows how to make things look good? Or do they just throw this crap around just to make it look like they are somehow "managing" this, when all they are really doing is cluttering and making things messy in a very lazy way.

Can someone please give Marie Kondo the phone number to TDA? They're in desperate need.

Who Is Running This Joint.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom