Pitchers and Catchers Report!--Baseball 2008

Number_6

Tomorrow is casual day at work. I plan on wearing my 2007 World Series Champion Red Sox shirt. It should go over well with the crowd of Yankees fans at my office... :lookaroun

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Die hard Pirates fan here. I know, I know. Its been rough, but they're my guys!
You're my favorite kind of fan--sticking with your boys through thick and thin. Yeah, it's been quite awhile since the Bucs made any noise. Small markets teams can do it, but it takes a long time for progress to show. I'm a Yankee and Ray fan, so I know what it's like as I root for the Rays.

PeoplemoverTTA

Although, Yankee fans were right a few times back in the 90s... :(

Gosh, I miss Paul O'Neill....they really need to retire his number (perhaps for the new stadium in '09?).

Anyway, while the congressional hearing was a low point for baseball fans (I watched most of it...I know, loser-alert :eek:), it's great to get geared up for a new season.

It's funny that Scott likes the Yanks and the Rays (must....not......type....."D-"). While I am a diehard Yankees fan, I casually root for and follow the Rays as well (even though they've been a huge thorn in the side of my beloved...it's so much fun to watch Upton, Baldelli, Jonny Gomes, and Crawford - a lot of talent on this team). If they can just figure out a way to have someone from the bullpen show up, they might be able to contend in the East (and by 'contend' I mean 3rd place, sorry :eek:). I'm just glad they got rid of classless Delmon Young. I don't care how much talent he has (and he is really talented), I can't respect the guy, and I respect the Rays. Let the Twins have him.

Anyway, I'll be interested to see the dynamic of a Bonds-less NL. Perhaps NL teams can finally start establishing an identity for themselves within MLB. Sorry, that sounds harsh....for this AL girl, the NL is almost invisible (except for the Mets...although I am a diehard Yankees fan, I still love Willie, and I have a ton of respect for the Mets).

Wow, I'm ranting about baseball and "Lost" in the same night, I'm tired...guess it's time for bed :D. Seriously, though, I am so excited for this season. March 2 on YES, first spring training game (yes, I am that much of a nerd....I will watch and/or DVR spring training games). I love football and hockey, and follow both passionately, but for me, it's all about March through October (or should I say, "Actober" - what a terrible ad campaign).

joanna71985

I enjoy watching Spring Training games too. I am especially excited to see Santana, and hopefully Sanchez will be healthy this season. The bullpen sorely missed him last season.

PeoplemoverTTA

I enjoy watching Spring Training games too. I am especially excited to see Santana, and hopefully Sanchez will be healthy this season. The bullpen sorely missed him last season.

That makes me feel better, Joanna! We get SNY here in Buffalo (seriously, I get YES, MSG, and SNY....it's a sports-lovers' heaven), and I watch the Mets' spring training games too!

Ooh, that reminds me (and only here will people appreciate this). Last year while watching Mets spring training games on SNY, they aired a commercial for Port St. Lucie (I think that's what it was....where they have their games). The announcer in the commercial is the same guy who does the narration for the Magical Express video!!! Being the nerd that I am, I had to set the DVR and show my mom and sister (both recognized his voice...I love my family). Thought I'd tie together my two biggest passions there - did any other Mets fans notice that last season (I hope they air them again this year...then you guys can see it!)?

Okay, I'm really done now :eek:

joanna71985

That makes me feel better, Joanna! We get SNY here in Buffalo (seriously, I get YES, MSG, and SNY....it's a sports-lovers' heaven), and I watch the Mets' spring training games too!

Ooh, that reminds me (and only here will people appreciate this). Last year while watching Mets spring training games on SNY, they aired a commercial for Port St. Lucie (I think that's what it was....where they have their games). The announcer in the commercial is the same guy who does the narration for the Magical Express video!!! Being the nerd that I am, I had to set the DVR and show my mom and sister (both recognized his voice...I love my family). Thought I'd tie together my two biggest passions there - did any other Mets fans notice that last season (I hope they air them again this year...then you guys can see it!)?

Okay, I'm really done now :eek:

I get SNY, MSG, FSN, and YES too!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom