Pitch A Disney Attraction

HillHouseDude

Original Poster
I thought this would be a fun topic. What is your pitch for a new Disney attraction? Could be based after an IP or an original concept.

HillHouseDude

Original Poster
In Universal Studios there's "The Simpsons Ride." In case you haven't been on it, your vehicle gets lifted up to where there's a circular screen all around you, and the vehicle simulates the movements in the scene. It's really fun.

I would love to see a similar setup used for a Pixar ride, where you're shrunk down to the size of a toy and Woody and Buzz give you a tour of "Pixar Animation Studios." Something would go wrong, and you'd be driving/flying through famous scenes from various Pixar movies.

You'd fly through the door action scene from Monsters Inc., the E.A.C. scene from "Finding Nemo", the fire extinguisher scene from "WALL-E", the Omnidroid scene from "The Incredibles", etc. Maybe at the beginning they reenact the "Luxo Jr." short to start the tour, and then one of the "Toy Story" aliens accidentally knocks the first Pixar ball off the table and you're flying through all the scenes trying to retrieve it.

I also love the idea that Edna Mode designed the vehicle you're flying in, and the safety message before the ride is an animation of the vehicle inside her glass test chamber. Imagine rising up to start the ride while Edna says "Please keep your hands, feet, and arms inside the vehicle at all times. And ABSOLUTELY no capes."

spacemtnfanatic

Not an attraction per se. But an idea that rather than having to book all of my ride times weeks or months in advance, have machines stationed in front of select major attractions that will give me same day return times on a little slip of paper. Only have these machines at select attractions, allowing the rest of the attractions to have only one regular line that all guests will enter when they are ready to ride.

TwilightZone

A ride where everything you shoot at has a different reaction. Like if you shot at fireworks, they will go off, at milk it will spill, etc. Disney's current shooting rides sort of have that, but not at the scale I'm thinking, this will be the grandest shooting ride in the world.

justintheharris

I want Dinoland to turn into South America where Dinosaur can stay, Indiana Jones can get an attraction but my actual pitch would be a secret lab coaster for Kronk and Yzma. Too bad though that Disney would only retheme Primeval Whirl as they look like the ride vehicles and put little to no effort into it.

scarr13311

I watched a vlog on the SoCal Attractions site of the Immersive Pirates of Caribbean ride in Shanghai Disney and it was really great. I hope WDW creates a ride with that technology. Now that I think of it I think maybe that may be the technology they may be using on the new Mickey runaway train ride.

JohnyKaz2078

I have a LOT of ideas. But for the sake of the forum I'm gonna mention 3 :):
1) A Lion King ride. Not just some 3D screens, but an immersive dark ride like that of Spiderman in IOA. You could be in Simba or some secondary character like Timon or Pumba. Jesus why hasn't this been done yet???????
2) An Aladdin ride. The movie is great and it deserves much more than some spinning carpets. I would like to see something equivalent to that of the Little Mermaid in MK and DCA, neither too ambitious nor too cheap. They could also implement the same concept like Peter Pan's Flight. Instead of a flying ship, a flying carpet!
3) Something more original, like Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder. Disney is in a desperate need of originality. One idea is the ride that was originally designed for The Land pavillion in Epcot and took you through the environments of the world before sponsorship was changed and the new sponsor decided that the attraction should be be based on agriculture (duh).

Honorable mention: I would absolutely LOVE to see the Coral Reef of Nemo being made into its own land.

mololy

A roller coaster based on the Elephant Graveyard in the lion king. The storyline could literally just be following Nala and Simba (or alternatively have the coaster as nala/simba's perspective and follow zazu) out of the Elephant Graveyard, while pursued by the hyenas. It could end with Mufasa showing up to stop the hyenas just like in the movie.

TheDuke

One big idea I had was for a ride was a Casablanca dark ride in HS where you go through all the big scenes from the movie with top quality AA's, and then do a light thrill ascent for the airplane taking off at the end with stars in the sky and Casablanca beneath you like Peter Pan's flight. There could be a Rick's Cafe replica with Sam playing As Time Goes By and waiters in white dinner jackets adjacent to the ride. That would of course not happen now given the new direction for the park and the rights issues.

Other rides could be a Bambi dark ride where you see all his forest friends, slide on the ice with Thumper, and escape from the fire at the end. Could be in Fantasyland or AK. I would also like a classic Mickey ride that's either a Steamboat Willie boatride or one with Pete chasing the rider and Mickey.

Alice in Wonderland dark ride. You walk up the queue and the ride begins with a drop (like ToT) down the rabbit hole!

I would also love a psychedelic E-ticket Alice ride. A small vertical drop down the rabbit hole would be a great way to start before beginning the dark ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom