Pirates wall and boats

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It shouldn`t be used anymore - FAA charts have it listed as closed. Unless the RCID charter also overides FAA regulations!

NautOneFL

goofntink said:
Airline was Shawnee Airlines,flew from McCoy. now Orlando International. Planes were Dehavilland 19 seat Twin otters. My Father has pics somewhere, we are trying to find them. Did you know? The runway was to short when they brought in Mickey 1, and they actually landed it on World Drive, when it was brought here to be put on permanant display at MGM..Runway was used as recently as February 16th. Was at Stol getting something out of one of our containers, and at about 3 pm a plane landed, dumped it's cargo and left. Found out afterwards it was for the Presidential visit. Also, if you think about it, how did Micheal Jackson always seem to appear at the park and noone saw him arrive at OIA?:lookaroun Also,we do most of our work at night after parks are closed , and trust me that runway is used.

I got buzzed by that plane - heard about the rumors of a airstrip and always wondered about it, and at that moment I found out it was true! One of the guys I used to go to church with said that in the early 80's thay had a pilots convention at WDW and used the airstrip and parked the planes in the diamond parking - convention was at the contemporary.

-J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom