'Pirates' Sequel Earns Record $132 Million Debut

DonaldDoleWhip

That's astounding! $100 million in two days? $132 million in one weekend? Almost 3x greater than the first movie's opening weekend!

The only question left: will the third movie be able to top this record-breaking figure? It's a difficult question to answer, but it is possible.

Legacy

DonaldDoleWhip said:
That's astounding! $100 million in two days? $132 million in one weekend? Almost 3x greater than the first movie's opening weekend!

The only question left: will the third movie be able to top this record-breaking figure? It's a difficult question to answer, but it is possible.
I dunno... another good question will be, "Will Spiderman 3 beat it?"

WeLComeHomE OKW

Montu said:
Posting this added nothing to the discussion; simply makes you come off as pretentious, thanx! :wave: :wave:

no, i just thought having two discussions on this was pointless. and i just tried to add alittle friendliness into my comment. Sorry if i offended anyone.

THECARISMINE

^^LOL funny^^anyway

This movie was great and everyone wants/wanted to see it so I wasn't really to surprised Ithought it was great and figured once word got out of the whole twist at the end I figured it would get even more people in the theaters
Iwent to see it twice this weekend same with my aunt and 2 cuz LOL i HAVE NO LIFE:D :lookaroun :brick:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
WeLComeHomE OKW said:
no, i just thought having two discussions on this was pointless. and i just tried to add alittle friendliness into my comment. Sorry if i offended anyone.
Dont worry about it. You cant please everyone. You will always offend someone.

disneybride

Original Poster
didn't offend me...when i saw these numbers i had to post right away. This goes to show how many people really love this movie

Tigger1988

WeLComeHomE OKW said:

I was thinking the same thing, don't worry about it, not only was it a whole other thread it doesnt even belong in this part of the forum, it doesn't fall into WDW news and rumors at all lol

*waits for people to flame me*

Glasgow

WeLComeHomE OKW said:
I knew that was posted. I did do a search. I posted this cuz the final weekend tally was up, and i thought it deserved its own thread.
Nothing wrong with your comment mate. It's just a friendly reminder that the search is our friend :)

And I too saw the movie - very good but not as impressed as I thought I'd be. Could be due to the fact that it was left open-ended - we'll probably not be able to determine it's true significance until the third one is out.

Legacy

should-be-BELLE said:
Possibly, but can you imagine Pirates 3 next year?
Yeah... and I don't think it will be as big as this one is. At least from a personal stand-point, I'm not as "dying" to see 3 as I thought I would be. The twist was nice, the effects were good, but the story was FAR too convoluted in my opinion. Will I see 3 opening weekend? If I can, but I'm going to make my schedule around it.

:shrug:

SGT623

You have the right idea warlord, I enjoyed it much more on the second viewing...I'd have still changed a few little things but really liked it better the second time

Jheyman

Legacy said:
Yeah... and I don't think it will be as big as this one is. At least from a personal stand-point, I'm not as "dying" to see 3 as I thought I would be. The twist was nice, the effects were good, but the story was FAR too convoluted in my opinion. Will I see 3 opening weekend? If I can, but I'm going to make my schedule around it.

:shrug:

What did you think was too convoluted? I think the story twists and all were great and I think we are all in for a great ending to the triology. I am curious though as to what you are thinking about....?

Pirates will have a much tougher haul next year....it will not only be dealing with a recently released Spider-Man 3, but it also goes right up against (coming out a week later than...) Shrek 3. Not a film that I would want to pit my movie against. Disney is really banking a lot on their confidence in this Pirates franchise, but to be honest (and I really dislike Shrek and haven't ever liked it), but....Shrek is probably going to hand Disney it's rear end on a silver platter (I can't believe I just said that......).

I'll probably go see POTC2 at some point, but to be honest the trailers didn't grab me...I didn't absolutely love the first one enough to make seeing this one a neccessity. I'd probably see Cars a third time before I go to see POTC2.

Legacy

Jheyman said:
What did you think was too convoluted? I think the story twists and all were great and I think we are all in for a great ending to the triology. I am curious though as to what you are thinking about....?
Yeah, the twist and turns were there... but what was the point? Not a one was neccessary to the overall plot. Even a lot of the characters seemed to return out of coolness than anything else. Honestly (and I really hate using this as a metaphor, but it's fairly accurate), it feels like they went all Matrix Reloaded on Pirates, making a too complicated story from what was originally a fun, simple film.

But both of them are "tacked-on trilogies", which I have major grievances with, anyway. So, I might just be biased.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom