Pirates ride, where's the mermaids?

GlacierGlacier

I hear the figures got preeeeety close to final fabrication.
Instead, we got a panasonic that didn't even work.
Ticket prices went up that year!
Why do you keep mentioning the brand of the projector? It's not like Disney manufactures their own projectors.

And ticket prices always go up. What do you expect, "Oh, we can't get this single effect to work that we installed, despite all the other minor upgrades throughout the parks alongside the constant slow march of inflation. Better not raise ticket prices this year!"

Captain Barbossa

now that they have dropped Johnny Depp?
Just want to point out that the comment made suggesting (no confirmation) that Disney is moving on from Johnny was by Stuart Beattie, who created Jack Sparrow. Though his name appears in the credits in all 5 films, that's pretty much it. The only film that he was involved in the making of was CotBP. I'm not saying he's wrong, but I'm not saying he's correct either.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Anyone want to place bets on when they will remove Captain Jack Sparrow from the ride now that they have dropped Johnny Depp?

I'll say 2022. Though it will be a little give and take, some of the old returned and some new. They'll add the mermaids back (a new effect) and keep the fog screen waterfall but with the projection of a "tell no tales" skull. Jack Sparrow will remain but only as a "pop up" from a barrel. The other Jack AAs will be removed. They'll also add back the barker bird AA out front. And by 2023, pigs will fly out of Iger's back side.

HMF

Oh I really hope they do..Since they are trying to promote Pirate Redd now you can see they are trying to go another direction with the attraction..Albiet not a great one but, removing Rush & Depp would make it better IMO..
I guess you can say it's already started between the removal of Davy Jones from the DL Version and the fact that they replaced the movie soundtrack loop with a different loop for Caribbean Plaza earlier this year.

Cmdr_Crimson

I guess you can say it's already started between the removal of Davy Jones from the DL Version and the fact that they replaced the movie soundtrack loop with a different loop for Caribbean Plaza earlier this year.
While Davy & Blackbeard were removed in the Cavern..Their voices can still be heard on the lift coming back up...

MotherOfBirds

I'm still a little bummed we didn't get the nighttime "moonlight" experience that was bandied about some years ago.

Overall though, seeing the ride get back to being it's own separate IP from the movies would be great. The addition of thematically/aesthetically coherent creatures to the ride could work. There's nothing inherently wrong with mermaids or sea monsters in the ride, given the supernatural elements (at least in the original DL version). I just wish I didn't have to hear "Captain Jack Sparrow" twelve times every ridethrough.

Sharon&Susan

If the new movie bombs or just barely makes it’s budget back: Davy Jones gone in WDW, Barbossa will be redressed as Blackbeard (and Blackbeard will have his original Paul Frees voice), well scene will be restored (no Jack Sparrow), barely Sparrow to be redressed as something else (Spanish soldier?), final Jack Sparrow scene boarded up (not expecting a restoration of the treasure room scene in the WDW version), and Davy Jones and Blackbeard audio cues to be removed from DL version.

trainplane3

While Davy & Blackbeard were removed in the Cavern..Their voices can still be heard on the lift coming back up...
They weren't, at least not this past Wednesday. Davy was there with his squid face telling us something I couldn't give a...something...about.
IMG_20181024_210024.jpg

Bad photo but good luck trying to capture a still, on a mist screen, in the dark, while moving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom