Pirates rehab debates w/ movie spoilers

Grim Grinner

Original Poster
If you are reading this, you must understand that the text you are about to read contains spoilers...

Ready? Good.

I find the timing of this ride's rehab to include Jack Sparrow into the show scenes to be a little strange. At the end of the 2nd movie, Jack is killed. People riding POTC between the movies may find this odd in light there he wouldn't be around- unless this is themed extensively to the first film. Don't get me wrong, Jack's coming back- no one dies in that universe for long- but the lull between movie 2 & 3 will leave a number of puzzled riders.

The scripts can be found online if you know where to look.

Note: I did not post this in the normal Pirates Rehab topic namely because I didn't want anyone to see any of the spoilers accidentally.

Tigger Time

Grim Grinner said:
If you are reading this, you must understand that the text you are about to read contains spoilers...

Ready? Good.

I find the timing of this ride's rehab to include Jack Sparrow into the show scenes to be a little strange. At the end of the 2nd movie, Jack is killed. People riding POTC between the movies may find this odd in light there he wouldn't be around- unless this is themed extensively to the first film. Don't get me wrong, Jack's coming back- no one dies in that universe for long- but the lull between movie 2 & 3 will leave a number of puzzled riders.

The scripts can be found online if you know where to look.

Note: I did not post this in the normal Pirates Rehab topic namely because I didn't want anyone to see any of the spoilers accidentally.

Guess I shouldn'y have read it as it said spoiler :brick: . Didn't wanna know that.

Barbarosa died in the 1st movie...yet he is written into the 2nd movie. Rumors are that Barbarosa will also be added to the ride, yet he died in movie 1.

Why wouldn't it make sense to add these characters to the attraction at this point? The PotC movies have huge fantasy elements to them, so why would the ride be going by "realistic" percepions? The likelihood is that the characters will be added but unlikely that the ride's plot will change to fit the movie. After all, the ride inspired the movie, why would they completely alter it to follow the movie's plot?

jedimaster1227

Tinkerbelle_325 said:
Um..ok...just a few points:

Barbarosa died in the 1st movie...yet he is written into the 2nd movie

Johnny Depp has signed for a 3 picture PotC deal with Disney...why exactly would they kill him in the 2nd movie?

While that may be true, you have to remember that if Jack dies and is brought back, then there is some tie-in with Davey Jones. Maybe Barbossa becomes Davey Jones' minion or Jones brings back Barbossa to hunt for Jack and kill him.

disneylands

Account Suspended
he doesnt die, trust me, someone dies but it wont be him!! Disney already said that they are setting it us in such a way so that they cannot continue with the supporting cast (will turner, liz) but if "need be" they could make additional sequels!

Sledge

Account Suspended
Dammit. I thought it was going to be a ride spoiler. Could you possibly change it to read "movie spoiler". It did say spoiler but I think some of us just assumed it meant for the ride. So does he really die? :cry:

mprice

Special Effects Question

Does anyone have any info. on the supposed "special effects" upgrades to be made to the ride? Just curious...

Sledge

Account Suspended
dandaman said:
It already said "movie spoilers"...
Ah, so it did. I just read "Pirates rehab" and stopped reading. Then saw the beginning of his post and just saw it say spoilers. My bad though. Didn't see it. Oh well. Now I'm just more interested in the movie. :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Actually, the info I have goes back quite a while, back to when there was still talk of turning the up-ramp into a show scene. All of it may have changed, so I don't want to throw too much out there.

The one part that I particularly like (remember, this may have been dropped) was that when you entered the caves there would be a new waterfall off to one side. The idea was to use the waterfall as a screen to project an image of Barbossa (ala Fantasmic), telling you that he was back and on the hunt for Jack.

I like that....:cool:

JimboJones123

Lee said:
Actually, the info I have goes back quite a while, back to when there was still talk of turning the up-ramp into a show scene. All of it may have changed, so I don't want to throw too much out there.

The one part that I particularly like (remember, this may have been dropped) was that when you entered the caves there would be a new waterfall off to one side. The idea was to use the waterfall as a screen to project an image of Barbossa (ala Fantasmic), telling you that he was back and on the hunt for Jack.

I like that....:cool:

they should update the fire fx with real fire like mummy THAT WOULD ROCK!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom