Pirates Rehab Confirmed!!!!!!!

fngoofy

Does anyone find it odd that they would take down a major attraction in the middle of the 50th anniversary shin-dig?

Seems as though they would wait and do this just after the celebration ends.

RickEff

fngoofy said:
Does anyone find it odd that they would take down a major attraction in the middle of the 50th anniversary shin-dig?

Seems as though they would wait and do this just after the celebration ends.
Not really - there's always *SOME* celebration going on.

ms7479a

It seems to make the most sense that they would rehab the ride before the new movie comes out. Therefore, rehab between March 1st and July 1st makes perfect sense as the opening of the ride would coincide with the movie.

ms7479a said:
It seems to make the most sense that they would rehab the ride before the new movie comes out. Therefore, rehab between March 1st and July 1st makes perfect sense as the opening of the ride would coincide with the movie.

It will not be a rehab that will put "Jack Sparrow" in the ride. Just a ride "overhaul".

Thanks

disneydata said:
Sorry, this hasn't been announced officially to the cast. I don't know who you got that information from, but it's not true ... yet.

If you have inside connections, it can be found. Trust me, I know. You'll see.

BeckyLSawyer

ScrapIron said:
From mouseplanet's weekly update:

Pirates of the Caribbean – is expected to close from May through mid-September for the addition of characters from the movie that was inspired by the ride.

Cheers.

Haha. Good luck with that. Rumor in POTC is that they are fighting movie characters. "We're not a movie. We're a damn ride." But, what will come will come, and I'll be stuck in tower when it does.

Becks

disneydata

Aprilnjosh said:
If you have inside connections, it can be found. Trust me, I know. You'll see.
Yes, I do. It doesn't matter what "inside connections" will tell you, until it reaches the management of the area, nothing is booked solid. There could be a huge malfunction that causes the ride to go down early (like the Riverboat) or factors could push it back.

Trust me, I know. You'll see.

ready2go

I see that on the DL site it has POC listed as being closed for referb from March 6, 2006 on, and the WDW site is just showing Liberty Square Riverboat being closed during that time. So would Disney have both DL's and WDW's POC closed at the same time? Seems odd to me but you never know with Disney.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
ready2go said:
I see that on the DL site it has POC listed as being closed for referb from March 6, 2006 on, and the WDW site is just showing Liberty Square Riverboat being closed during that time. So would Disney have both DL's and WDW's POC closed at the same time? Seems odd to me but you never know with Disney.

What? Do they think someone at DL will see it closed there and decide to hop across the country to catch it at WDW? Wouldn't want them to be disappointed that it's closed there too?

Sorry, just the thought that it would matter if both were closed at the same time struck me as odd... :veryconfu

ready2go

MontyMon said:
What? Do they think someone at DL will see it closed there and decide to hop across the country to catch it at WDW? Wouldn't want them to be disappointed that it's closed there too?

Sorry, just the thought that it would matter if both were closed at the same time struck me as odd... :veryconfu

What really struck me as odd was that a so called informed site would show POC close at WDW and not at DL when in fact the Disney sites show the opposite is, at this time, true. But seeing as you seem to be more concerned with how sharp your sarcasm is you did not pick up on that.

MagliteL13

Aprilnjosh said:
Being a cast member I know that this attraction will be closed from March 1st Until July 1st. As, I work the attraction.

You got part of the rumor correct! Too bad it's DLs half! How long have you worked in Ad/Lib? If you are an Ad/Libber, how often do you work the attraction? And where'd you get your info from? I only ask cause out of about 5 other Ad/Libbers, we can not for the life of us think of a Josh who would be on this board spouting out wrong information and works at pirates. No, dates have not been released to CMs, but if you have looked on the portal in certain locations, information could be found regarding the rehab--including some tentative dates (none of which are what you listed). Trust me, I know. You'll see.

BTW, Have a Magical Day!

BwanaBob

With all due respect, everyone...

MY sources tell me that many of the imagineers are beside themselves for ever allowing outside pressures to influence the 'politically-correct' rehab to have taken place. Therefore, in keeping with the whole 50th celeb... they are salvaging many of the old scene props and are restoring her back to her origional form. Complete with rape, pillaging, and old audio!

*looks forward to seeing the pirates chasing the women again... for nostalgic sake*

:D

Yen_Sid1

ready2go said:

Because both POC's are getting the same new AA's. The movie opens July 8 and they want it finished before then at both POC's.

Ausdaddy

MontyMon said:

Actually, having it closed in both places would be bad for me. I'm visiting both DL and MK in the April-July timeframe and would hate to miss Pirates in both locations. Fortunately, it appears that I will see it in Disneyland for sure. :sohappy:

I really hope they do more then just add a few new AA's to the florida version. They should use this opprotunity to at least make some more improvments to the terrible orlando version of POTC. Im not sure if its possible but they should try and make the boarding area look like your in some spooky Bayou like in the ca version. Some new show scenes and the combining of the load/unload station would make me and im sure lots of other people happy as well. I hate the "cliff notes of the CA version" that exists right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom